What do you say to those optimistic people who say that after the apocalypse will come a golden age?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by judyd1, Jun 3, 2016.

What do you say to those optimistic people who say that after the apocalypse will come a golden age? 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I've heard this many times, actually. They say that after the end of the world, there will be a time of peace such as never before. I always thought it was so at odds with most of the books and movies I see, that picture mankind as a horde of zombies or mutants (depending on the type of annihilation).

What do you think about it? Has anyone else ever heard this?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    That is true in a way!
    With 90% of people gone and things have settled it will be a time of plenty for most, might take a couple of decades to happen but it should happen!
    Maybe not everywhere but most places!

3. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I have never heard of that. It sounds wonderful. I would love to see a movie about this. Why is it that the more gruesome things are always popular?

4. bootlady

bootlady New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:

I have heard of it, and I must say that things are so warped. Everything in the movies is totally opposite on what you were taught when it comes to organized religion. There are so many changes taking place when it comes to laws and lifestyles. I really do not know what to make of it all. Some people say that many are zombies in the current state that they are in due to prescription drugs and technology.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends where you mean "the end of the world" or just the end of the world as we know it-TEOTWAWKI, people get confused by this which is why I don't use it- I say "the collapse" or the catastrophe or something similar.
    there will be a period of madness and panic to begin with, but eventually over time people- the ones that survive- will realise its far better to work WITH others than to fight them, the population will be but a fraction of what it once was that there will be room for all with space for all.

6. DaBozzLady

DaBozzLady Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    As with all things, their is gentleness or peace after the storm. Look at the natural disasters that we've seen. If you've even been in a tornado or hurricane, you get the calm before the storm, the rage and chaos throughout the storm and then the aftermath. The aftermath will include what we are trying to work towards as far as survival. And like the Mod said above, once all chaos is gone and the people that's left come to their sanity, we should be able to effectively co-exist together. How long that will take, no one knows.

7. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    There is no guarantee that there'll be a golden age after an apocalypse and it also depends on what caused the apocalypse. If it's a climate thing then things won't get better. People just have to try to survive the more adverse conditions. If it's a nuclear apocalypse you'll all have to deal with the aftermath for a long time. So no golden age for generations.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would say it would be years, decades, like you say JS -generations.

9. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    That sounds like it was taken from the book of Revelations in the Bible. Some pastors interpret these passages as 7 years of war and apocolyptic conditions followed by 7 years of peace. Could this be what you are referring to perhaps?

10. barbecueIt

barbecueIt New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    If it mean wiping out at least 80% of the human race then I believe there could be "peace" but after a few years. The remaining people will still have to adjust with the situation and chaos will not be avoided but I think after the adjustment has been done and people have already adapted to the current living situation then there could be peace.

11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    While I have to agree that we will reach a point where human kind will experience a world like we never have before, I don't think it will be entirely peaceful. We all have different opinions and it would be silly to assume that we could all live in harmony one day. I think it's very possible for human kind to get along better, but there will always be a not-so-peaceful person in the bunch. I don't expect an apocalypse, so it's doubtful that any of this will happen, but if it does it's not going to be world peace. If anything, I'd imagine absolute chaos for some time.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there will be a lot of hard work to be done before there is any peace.

13. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Its not optimism. The apocalypse will eventually come. Am basing this on the fact that everything with a beginning has an end. It take the biblical view of the apocalypse to be the most accurate after the revelation of the Anti- Christ. I read that the safest place to be during that time would be Israel though the 7 years of the great tribulation though hell would break out after that. After that, there would be a 1000 year reign of earth with Jesus as King. These are recorded events in the Old Testament slated to take place in future.

Deeishere likes this.
  14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I would say that they have a point but I'm not really sure if what a golden age is truly coming, after all I'm pretty sure things will settle down after an apocalypse and things would go round and round again. There is a balance in this world: peace and wars, good people and bad people, thieves vs honest people and the list goes on and on. The point is that the world wouldn't exist without the bad in it, there will always be a balance between good and bad.

15. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Based on the bible this peace would be a new heaven and earth. There are many predictions about this Apocalypse, I follow the one in the book of revelations and other parts of the bible. After this war between heaven and hell the old earth will be destroyed and a new one will be created where all those who are in Christ will be and as it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end. This is what I believe, if you read most of the predictions in the bible they line up with most events that take place now. In my opinion this is the most accurate forecast of things to come.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    any "golden age" will be several decades, several generations, and even centuries post Catastrophe, there will be a lot of hard work to be done before any peace is achieved.

17. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. I don't know have you ever seen the movie, "Left Behind I and II" not the new one with Nicolas Cage, but the original one. It's on You Tube. They talk about what is going to happen on the earth and they base it on the book of Revelation in the Bible. In brief, it deals with a lot of symbolism that experts have studied for years. It talks about 21 judgments on earth that the Apostle John saw in a vision. Things like meteorites hitting the earth, water contamination, parts of the sun and the moon being removed to one-third of mankind being destroyed by war, disease, death, and famine. To some, it may sound like science fiction but it's really fascinating. One part talks about two guys who will be telling people about God and will be killed (the two witnesses). What is amazing is they will come back to life and the Bible says the whole world will see this. Now way back then there was no way that could happen. Now, with the advance technology we can. Oh but I digress from my main point. What I was trying to say is the Bible talks about a new heaven and a new earth. It talks about peace. I believe it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  18. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never heard this saying before, BUT, at this present time in Australia we are ruled by a totally corrupt government. When voting we have two choices, Liberals or Labor. Both are as bad as one another. The majority of Australians are totally gutless & do not give a damn about fellow Australians. The Australian motto is "she'll be right mate"!!! Well she won't be right, she is not right!!! The only way out for the average low income Australian citizen is for a TEOTWAWKI . After this then there MAY be an opportunity to introduce a new government system where the people have a say, a way of enforcing our rights according to our constitution, & a chance to introduce a "Bill Of Rights" such as they have in America. So yes, this could be a "Golden Age" opportunity for us.
    Keith.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all governments are corrupt to one degree or another, some more than others.
    we now have a political elite in this country that think they are above the will of the people, that they know better.
    this will persist until we have TEOTWAWKI event and people make their own laws.
    wife and I are Pagans, and I like the pagan rule " do what you will as long as it hurts no one", I think that's the only law we truly need.

Keith H. likes this.
  20. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Australians do give a shit! but .gov is so entrenched and allied with feminism that there is no chance without shedding a lot of blood
    The Aussie "BLOKE" is not yet ready to shed blood!
    But some sort of huge disaster on a world wide scale will make a fine trigger indeed!
    I look forward to the opportunity but not the blood!

21. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I believe that after an apocalypse there will be less humans who will hopefully be more peaceful to each other. It should be a better era but this is not guaranteed. I think we need to be prepared for the worst no matter what religion we have or believe in.

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there will definitely be less humans, and we will probably be more spread out.
    I think each family unit-or what was left of it- would live independently of others, but that we would come together for barn raising, harvesting and mutual security.
    i'd probably be the exception, i'd be the local hermit!!:D

23. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    After the apocalypse is more... of the same. I highly doubt people would work together and start rebuilding, peace and prosperity for all, and no crime and equality for everyone. I highly doubt that. People would most likely stab each other in the back to get a better life, for some more scraps of bread, or even fighting over having a shelter and a roof over their heads for the night. People would steal, people would kill, people would do anything they want, because in the event of an apocalypse, there would be no governments. No rules, and the corrupt would definitely thrive on that environment. I highly doubt we will see a golden age after that.

24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes I agree with you, for awhile this would be the reality, many years, many decades, but eventually don't you think people would realise its better to cooperate than fight each other?? I would hope this would be the case, or are human beings a lost cause??

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  25. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't think I have ever heard that. And if we are going by movies, that is certainly not what has been portrayed by Hollywood. If I heard that, I would tell them to focus on the present. I would tell them to accept their current situation as golden and keep striving to make it better.

26. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I think you are referring to the place called Petra. It will be a scary place to be in this world when major disasters will happen. Israel has been known as the Old Testament and is still in the news today. Technology has caught up with coming events. I do believe it will be a better place but not until horror happens on this planet.