What Do You Want.........????

Discussion in 'Wanting to Buy' started by Sourdough, Oct 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Let's crank this Part of this forum up a notch or two. So "Seriously" what are you wanting or are you needing. I am asking that you "Please" be serious and not clown around. What do you want or need........???

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Really what are you looking for.......???

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    More money to get away from the maddening crowds. Not joking.

Rebecca, lonewolf and randyt like this.
  4. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Time, time is the thing I truly wish I had more of. Never enough time to get all the many projects done. But you really can’t buy time, so:

The last big cash investment for the homestead I purchased is a large generator coupled with solar to keep things going a bit if stuff turns south. I certainly have the large propane tanks to power the generator for a good bit. Solar will extend the longevity of my propane supply. My big projects this past summer set all the necessary things in place for next years investment in this project.

I could use a D4 dozer and an excavator for other projects, but the other old timer homesteader in the area let’s me borrow his at $100 an hour, so this buying would probably be a waste of money.

I’ll probably buy myself the nicest 24 inch chainsaw I can for Christmas. Either a Stihl or Husqvarna. My two 20 inch saws sometimes aren’t big enough for the larger spruce and burch trees. I certainly use them often enough to justify the investment.

I’ll need to eventually replace my worn out side by side, ATVs and snow machines sometime in the future. They all get considerable use working on the the place.

The original homesteader who settled the mountain apparently pull a good bit of gold out of the mountain, so a sluice box and related gear would be cool. But back to not having any time. Not having a clue how to harvest gold would be a huge waste of time.

Rebecca, Morgan101, randyt and 2 others like this.
  5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    time and energy, most times I work 7 days a week. After getting home I'm whipped. I also need to get a 24 inch chainsaw. A chain saw is very important, it is a force multiplier. I need snow machine dolly for working on my snow machine. My ski doo needs some work. Mainly I want to redo the seat and put a compartment under it. I really need a new ski doo.

more food storage is always good. A couple rope come alongs are on my list. A chainsaw winch would be nice.

I'm set on tools, modern and dated. set on firearms and steel traps, in good shape on medicines.

Probably need to brush up on first aid training.

my Yamaha rhino is getting repaired, I have a new voltage regulator coming for my kubota generator.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would like to have a natural gas generator hooked into the existing gas system in the house; wired so all power could come from that if electricity went out. I'm not going anywhere, and we are quite comfortable where we are. All other gear is in place. Other incidentals can be added a little at a time. No rush. No emergency.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  7. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    i really do not need anything in the truessence of need. but is do want
    1) a ski do or snow machine.
    2) an atv with 4 wheel drive.
    3) a new 9.9 hp merc outboard for my boat.
    what i have
    1) cross country skis and poles, several snow shoes
    2) i can walk anywhere
    3) an old 8 hp hp merc that is still good.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  8. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    If the grid went down for a long period........would the pumps that pump the natural gas to you still be pumping........??? I don't know the answer to this.

9. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    My wants and needs list would encompass pages. But mostly I need more time and more strength. We are building this homestead from ground up and even working on it 7 days a week there is never enough time it seems. And for the strength I reluctantly admit some jobs are just too heavy, too dangerous or too awkward for me to do alone and my husband is only home one week a month so that can slow building down quite a bit.

In terms of monetary investment I would love to expand the solar system.

TMT Tactical, Morgan101 and Sourdough like this.
  10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't really need anything as such but like TMT if I had more money I could move to a more isolated(no other people) location .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Nor do I. It is a good question. I would also like to have a good wood burning stove, but given wife's asthma that will never happen.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I grew up with childhood asthma, as long as the smoke goes up the chimney it shouldn't have any effect, we had an open fire in the house until I left home and it didn't affect my asthma.
    but of course we didn't have the pollution back then we have now.

13. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    No such luck. We had a fireplace in a previous house; glass doors that formed a pretty tight seal; smoke went up a chimney. Still had a devastating affect on Wife's breathing. She would have to go into a bedroom on a different floor of the house, and put a towel under the door, and it still caused difficulties. Had to go to natural gas which looks pretty but is not the same.

Asthma is weird. Comes in every variety from A to Z with different severities of each. My Mother wouldn't last 10 minutes in a room with a dog or cat. Couldn't even stay in a hotel if they accepted animals. We have had dogs for over 40 years, and they never affected my wife. A cat will send her to the hospital in 30 minutes. She has difficulty with other things like mold. You never know (at least I don't) what will cause it to flare up. I just know what to do when it gets bad.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    mine was Bronchial asthma and I grew out of it, had a flare up in the 80s when I lived in a damp rented room for 12 months but nothing since. dogs and cats don't affect it, had dogs most of my life.

15. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The woodstove can be outside of the home, and the heat only enters the home. Generally they are positioned at a slightly lower elevation, so the heat rises into the home.

16. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    My daughter was diagnosed with it as a child, but it has never been an issue for her. She grew up with dogs, and now has a dog of her own. You may have been affected by the mold, and didn't even know it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    It might work, but isn't worth the risk. It will remain a pipe dream, no pun intended.

TMT Tactical likes this.