What do you wish you knew back when you started?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by FuZyOn, Jul 2, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I started going on camping and forest trips back when I was a kid, I went on my first one when I was courageous enough at 19 years old and I definitely wasn't prepared enough. I got scared on my first night for no reason because I was alone and I forgot to bring a sleeping bag, that wasn't the best night ever for me. With time I learned through my mistakes and I'm more prepared now when I go on a survival trip. :D
    What about you?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I wish I had the skills then that I have now, but then many of them come with experience & it does take time. I wish I knew that the countryside that I loved so much was going to be destroyed, I may have moved earlier. I wish I had known about 18th century Living History when I was a kid, it would have made a big difference to my learning & my attitude towards life.
    Keith.

3. shadyjff1

shadyjff1 Active Member
      33/50

Blog Posts:
    I got too much stuff that I thought I needed. After a few outings I knew I could do without a lot of it. I got a tent but now I don’t use it as I have a small tarp that takes up less room in my pack and I think is just as good.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been thinking on this question again, & I don't think that I regret making all those items that I eventually discarded, I had a lot of fun making them & I learnt some skills along the way. But I do wish that I had discovered 18th century living history earlier in my life, I would have had the opportunity to have far more fun for longer, & by now I would no doubt have learnt more skills. The living historians of this world stand a far better chance of surviving anything that can be survived than anyone else, barring none.
    Keith.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    some times I wish I hadn't bothered going on some forums-not this one- and just kept my internet work to finding information just for myself.
    trolls can be so pathetic sometimes.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some forums have some very disagreeable people on them, American forums top the list for not getting rid of these people & I have had to leave a number of forums. But some Aussie sites are like this too. Some are just jealous I think, they are used to being top dog & then someone comes along who seems more popular, so they hit out. These people can not be avoided, but I blame the forum managers for not keeping them in line or not getting rid of them.
    Keith.