What I would love to see.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Deeishere, Jun 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I would love to see a movie or video of a dramatization of people living as if there was an electrical grid failure or a major crisis event. I would like to see how they live, what they use and how they survive. I am a visual person so this would help me to get a better understanding of what to do and how to implement it.

2. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Do you mean like disaster/survival movies but with more focus on the after effects than the initial impact? The only one I can think of from the top of my head is Cast Away - although it's not a representation of what it would be like to be in an area that was once civilized. It's that one with Tom Hanks where he makes a friend from a coconut or something (I didn't see it - just recalling the trailers and reviews). But I seem to think that was all about how to survive in the wilderness alone, which might help to give you some ideas? If you do find anything more specific to your needs, let me know though, I'd be interested to see it too.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  3. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Yeah that would be a good movie, but way to close to reality without a plot twist. This is like Hollywood helping you prepare for the end of the world. I think the only way a movie like this would come out is if it were made into science fiction. The closest thing I've seen to how people would survive without technology in the event of a major crises was naked and afraid , this may be a bit extreme but somethings you learn from this show would make anything seem 100 times better.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Id love too see people eveeywhere fed have a home educated so that all of us could live well lol thats a hell of a dream

5. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Very interesting, I would love to see as well a movie on television showing how families survive in the wilderness when a disaster hits with no utilities or phone communications! This would be a very interesting and educational to witness to gain the survival tips we need in case of a disaster for us and our family! Knowledge is power!

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    take a look at youtube "Tales from the green valley", this will give you an idea how I imagine we will be living post apocalypse. hard work and plenty of it.

7. Akhunter

Akhunter New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    If you want to know what it will be like as far as movies go watch the old pioneer shows pay attention to how they cook and travel. Except you won't have the general store to resupply. To me that is a good example of emp in best case scenario.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    i agree with akhunter,when it comes to western movies.mainly the ones before steam locomotives and the telegraph..then there's one tv series i use to watch.in which i might be going a lil bit to far with this one.that is giligans island..in which they created a life style there,just in case they dont get rescued..and of curse.there's other tv shows

Akhunter likes this.
  9. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    There is a series called "Life after People" worth a watch. It chronologically walks through what would happen to our "structured environment" should people no longer be maintaining it. It would answer some of your question. As for watching coping systems in action I would suggest a youtube search of that topic, I found literally days of viewing. There is a forum post of good sites you can view to help you along. And as always, post a question, folks here are very willing to help out.
    Prairie Dog