What is Causing Climate Change?

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    The weather is changing no matter what the reason is.
    What we have disappearing resources like clean water.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    When the Climate Change advocates stop taking private jets and start car pooling to these climate change meeting, then I will start to be concerned.

Dalewick likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    My comment on the planet being in the "middle of an ice age" comes from the scientific view that since large areas (primarily Greenland & Antarctica) of the planet are still covered in ice, the current ice age is not at it's end. The ice retreating then only indicates we are no longer in the first half of the age. The reason this is believed is due to the knowledge that Antarctica was once heavily vegetated and jungle like.

We still have no idea what the rebounding of the North American continental plate will have on the planet.

Your concern on overpopulation of the human species is very justified. Unfortunately the countries that are growing at the highest rates are ones that will be influenced by the information of what is going to happen, the least. The natural population limiters have been greatly reduced (disease, starvation, medical, WAR). I highlighted WAR because that is unfortunately the first one that will be used to "re-adjust" the human population. War is always followed by starvation & disease, so the reaper will be busy, but the planet will be fine.

Dale

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    We are, of course, disagreeing slightly on where we are in the ice age, but let's not make a big thing of it. We do agree on the other aspects, and they are the key bits. Interestingly I also have a science qualification (Environmental Science degree, although I worked for Wildlife Trusts not the government - I wonder if our qualifications have shaped our thinking?).

In the UK the rebounding tectonic plate means that Scotland is lifting slightly and the south of England sinking proportionately. This is already a low lying area in many places so the implication that some coastal areas may become uninhabitable is a regular feature in discussions around this issue.

Controversial though it may be, it seems to me that the higher the standard of eduction within a country the more responsible people are where population growth is concerned. This may be due to better disease control resulting in less desire for having multiple children, but it may also be down to the responsible use (and availability) of birth control. One thing is for sure, that the worlds countries will never agree on a sensible population limiting programme and, as you say, war is the most likely population reducer.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.