What Is The Greatest Threat Facing Society Today? **poll**

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by anon.amus, Feb 18, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

?

What is the greatest threat facing society today?

1. Climate Change - GeoEngineering

2. The New World Order - The UN

3. Fake News -

4. The Federal Reserve - Finicial Collapse - Central Banks - George Soros -Petro Yuan

5. Pandemic - Bill Gates - GMO Food

6. Capitalism - Communism

7. China - Iran - Russia - Syria - Iraq - Afganastan

8. Terrorists - immigrants - Gun Owners

9. CIA - NSA - FBI - IRS

10. Other-please specify in the comments

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. anon.amus

anon.amus Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    OFF TOPIC, CENSORS...............

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Climate change can be a world ender. The thing is that I'm not sure that there is anything that we can do about it. It has changed drastically over and over throughout the ages most of which were at times when men weren't around to blame it on.

I can see weather eventually being kind of controlled but climate is a much harder thing to do. Not all of the possible causes and effects are here on Earth. Weather is spotty as hell. I know that at least where I live, it can rain a flood on my house and the sun can shine a couple hundred yards away. A bookie many years ago started taking bets based on whether it was going to rain at one particular spot. He basically accepted the percentages offered by the weather man. Even allowing for the percentages the weather man was wrong on the rain forecast more often than not!

As you pointed out it is going to require a major step up in computing power and sensors before we will see the projections as far as weather is concerned gets ANY better than it is now.

I actually worry a lot more about an ice age than global warming. There are just so many ways to cause ice ages compared to making it hotter and dryer.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the greatest threat is STUPIDITY in the general public.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Error replying -- hit the wrong button. Sorry!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Damn I love it when people prove me right

Please stop anon my ribs are sore from laughing.:rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm reminded of the time someone posted an interview with the flat earth society(sigh)
    Annon, I have blocked you and will not see your future posts. This may deny me the opportunity to ridicule you but it will save me a great deal of time. Time better spent splitting firewood until dusk.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I did the same thing last night. I didn't realize that it would even eliminate the posts already made. I'm old enough now that I understand that you can lead a horse to water and some times they drink and some times you want to drown them. It is a waste of energy trying to make them drink. It just pisses them off and makes them dumber. It is funny that you mentioned the Flat Earth Society. I read an article just the other day about them. Their numbers are on the RISE. Evidently, stupidity IS contagious!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    What people will or won't believe often seems strange to me. Hoaxing, conspiracy theories and fake news seem to be spreading like a disease of our times.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I can never understand why people think "it'll never happen" or "the government will save us", that's what seems crazy to me, not conspiracy theories or fake news.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Even with the best of intentions our respective governments lack the capacity to respond to a massive disaster or freak weather event in time to make much difference...if you then throw in cost cutting, partisan politics and putting the vocal majority (cities full of voters) first in the que for aid rather than those who are most vulnerable it will always mean that many are left to fend for themselves.
    The logic of having the back up of off grid systems for cooking and heating, independent/stored water supplies and well stocked larders is inescapable. That's even before you think of yourself as a prepper....I'm only describing basics that my Grandma would have had.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep, that's how I was brought up before the era of supermarkets, always have a full larder(heck, have a larder in the first place) because the shops shut at 6pm and didn't open at all on a sunday. even here we have to drive 25 miles to a Tesco or a Morrisons.
    and don't even get me started on government, they don't even know where the south west is most of the time, unless its an election year then you cant move for politicians( not here though, this place is too remote and not enough votes here).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah... Government will save us... That is the craziest thing I hear all the time. Just look at my last post in Survival Stories about Venezuela...

Nobody can’t be prepared for something like this, it’s happened too fast and you always have the positive thought that things can’t be worst, believe me everyday it’s worst. The government is rotten, they’re a bunch of thieves that steal of the nation money and now they didn’t have any support to satisfied the nation’s need.

And where they are now. :(

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I had to go with "other". Liberal/progressive/communist/dhimmis are the biggest threat to America today. They are most commonly identified with a "D" behind their name. The may also be recognized by the man buns, their manginas, and their constant whining about how unfair life is.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.