what is your favorite pass time?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by BeautifullyBree, Jun 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I was just curious what everyone's favorite pass times are? I personally enjoy my mobile phone a little too much. I also love arts and crafts, diys, and creating things. I love music, movies, gardening, and coloring. I would love to hear what you all enjoy doing!

hades_leae and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    18th century living history is my main recreational interest. I enjoy researching the period, looking after my equipment. I improve where I can, but my gear is pretty much as good as it can be now. I enjoy historical trekking & tomahawk throwing. I like photography & do a little now & then for making posts on my blog & my forums. I love experimental archaeology & must get out & do more of it once it stops raining!!! I like blogging, it keeps people informed of new research results & other information in regards to living history & survival. I like using my hands, making stuff, but again, not much needs making these days.
    I like bushwalking, reading, writing, watching movies on DVD (No TV out here in the bush). I like making videos. I enjoy just sitting & watching the wildlife outside my house or when walking in the bush. I enjoy interaction with the wildlife.
    Keith.

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I love outdoor stuff--hiking, gardening, sports. Going on adventures and meeting new people was what inspired me to become a travel writer. Also, I love exercise and dancing. Even though it's my job to dance and teach fitness classes, I also love doing this in my free time. Aside from that, I love cooking, learning about random things, and reading books. Lots and lots of books.

4. GrecianShamrock

GrecianShamrock New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My grandparents had a cottage in the woods. It had dirt roads, running well water, a septic tank and electricity. No cell reception, no cable and dirt roads. It was like living back in the 70's, only in the 90's. I loved it and will always cherish the memories we made.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Quiet snuggles with my mrs

6. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Playing guitar, which I sadly can't do at the moment because my guitar is about 300 miles away from me :(

7. Jotonya

Jotonya New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My favorite past time. Would have to be watching a really good movie that i found while scrolling through the tv channels

8. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    I love my phone so much just like you do, I have so many movies to watch, and I love the fact that I can do it all from my phone. I have a 64GB memory card so I can have lots of data on it. I download video games, movies, TV shows, I make the quality a little lower so that it doesn't take up so much space. Currently, I have more than 6GB of music, and about 3GB of images with no problems like lag. I can sit on my phone all day and never get border because I have so much that I can do.

9. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I love reading and spending time with my kids. Not just time but quality time. Doing things they love and supporting them in it.
    I also like hanging with my family and friends. Television is not big in our house so it's rarely on, but in the evenings when it's nice and cold a good movie gets me relaxed.

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    being alone in the countryside listening to bird song.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    My favourite passtime is in the evenings or the weekends after a busy day or work week. I like reading newspapers as well as browsing the net. I am an avid researcher of spiritual issues as well as chatting online which means that these activities take the bulk of my time. I used to fall into temptations to hit it to the pub for alcoholic drinks but I have resolved to stay away from this practice like the plague.

12. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    Currently, I most enjoy figuring out ways to save a dollar. It's a science in itself. There are lots and lots of ways to save money. That completely thrills me. And I am just as thrilled with saving a dollar on a grocery item, as I am to save $100 on my new laptop.

13. barbecueIt

barbecueIt New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I love reading romance books. I love to get lost in their love story. Sometimes, I surf the Internet on online jobs I can take to earn extra money. Times are difficult and the 8-5 job is not enough.

14. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    When I have nothing substantial to do, I spend time on my smartphone or tablet. I watch movies, videos, play games, or surf the internet. I also enjoy a long walk, cooking and gardening.

15. Nedbushcrafter

Nedbushcrafter Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Well my spare time is spent making stuff I've got into using my hook knife so I've started to try and carve things if I'm out bush I'm also slowly writing a book on bushcraft ohh and I like making videos for YouTube basic stuff nothing fancy its a bit of fun as for TV I've not seen TV in years its brain drain and mind numbing I've been told its even worse these days

16. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have been keeping a journal lately and I love it as well. My life is in a weird place, keep having obscure situations happen to me...waking up to a lone ant in my ear, getting propositioned for sex for money from an old gay black meth head, my backpack being swarmed by ants at some lady's house (they came for my chocolate pie), meeting all kinds of interesting characters...journals are sweet

17. Iohndee

Iohndee New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I understand a pass time as something one would enjoy doing during their leisure away from the usual hassles of the day. I also believe that when you find your favorite pass time, you find a great way to relax.

But here, I find some people's pass time to be actually work. If you do gardening, researching, writing, cooking and the like, I call that work.

My favorite pass time is when am doing something that is fun, like playing a game, watching a movie/TV or a quiet moment with myself.

18. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I enjoy spending time with my family. I never take time for granted especially now that I am away at college for most of the year. We like to go mini golfing or watch movies together. When I am alone in my free time I like to study languages. I think knowing other languages is an important asset.

19. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I like to spend time with my kids.
    When the weather is nice we go to the playground, visit pet zoos and fun parks, etc.
    The youngest is 5 and I just taught him to ride a bike without training wheels.
    In case the weather is not that nice then we like to play cards, read stories to each other, draw pictures, bake cookies and muffins.....
    When I have time for myself I am quite busy with different things:
    Research:
    I love doing my own research on all kinds of different topics, but one of my favorite topics is MENA region.
    I have conducted my own fieldwork in the UAE before for my MA thesis and I have already completed my dissertation proposal
    but I am still looking for a scholarship so I can finally implement my project.
    Other hobbies:
    Reading, spending time with friends, visiting new places and meeting new people like here in this forum :)

20. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I live in Hot as Hell Texas. In the spring, I am in my garden. But when the heat begins to hit, I am inside watching TV. I get tired of being inside so much however what are my choices when it is 108 outside. I used to do crosstitch. Maybe I will take it up again this sumer.

21. Park1001

Park1001 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I play a lot of video games, watch videos on YouTube or TV shows or movies on Netflix. I really like making videos/short films for Youtube, but I haven't made anything lately. I would love to make more.

22. ally79

ally79 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    My favorite pasttime is reading or watching videos on YouTube. I like to always be trying to learn something new that might be of use to me and my family.

23. katlarson9

katlarson9 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My favorite pass time is poetry. I love to write it, not recite it. I don't think that I'm particularly good at it but it is a great escape for me. Instead of having to belt out how I feel, I can turn all my emotions into art.

24. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm also having a hard time putting my phone down, it's becoming a serious problem lol. Twitter got me hooked. I also read a lot and watch movies/tv shows during my free time. My favorite tv show at the moment is Downton Abbey.

25. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I play a lot of video games. I really enjoy the feeling of competing in a game a I like, and of engaging myself in another world through the eyes of a character. I like reading, and watching movies. I like listening to music as well, metal in particular, though I haven't been listening to much music lately. I watch stuff on youtube, I read up on things online.

26. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Hunting fishing camping trapping softball basketball bow shooting slingshot shooting

27. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Going to movies and out to dinner with my lady.
    ( I had to write that in case she reads this.)

Fishing especially now the weather is decent.
    Fiance has a 3 acre lake in the back yard.
    Gardening is an important thing for me.
    I grew up in the country and dad had a 2 acre "garden".
    I hated it then but love it now.
    I preserve produce by canning, freezing, etc.
    Ol' country kid.
    I have 14 acres of woods at my home surrounded by many acres of farm fields.
    Deer hunting is a big activity for me.
    Last fall on the first day was really tough.
    I bagged an 8 point a half hour after opening gun.
    45-70 Marlin. Bang flop.
    If I didn't eat venison I wouldn't shoot deer.
    Love rabbit and squirrel.
    Fishing, hunting, gardening and in dead of winter a bit of reloading ammo.
    I might go back to college just for excercise for the mind.

28. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I love to read, write, swim and play games. Not doing much of anything lately... would love to really go back to writing more. Have been reading but don't seem to be able to complete any books. Used to blog, but stopped because too many things in life suddenly became hard to share.

29. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I was almost tempted to say online writing as that is what I seem to be doing these days ever since I got introduced to online writing but gardening will never be replaced. Gardening is my passion and so too photography

30. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Currently, watching movies is my favorite pass time. I love watching movies relaxing on a bed and sipping a chilled drink.

31. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I like to watch movies or play video games. I also like to play the guitar since I am a musician. But mostly I play video games. It is really effective in killing the time. Some goold survival and suspense movies also do the job. :)

32. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Interesting discussion :) I like reading all the responses because I feel like I get to know everybody a bit better.

My favorite things to do are: first off - photography. I absolutely love taking pictures of nature and the birds. It gives me great joy and relaxation. I spend so much time doing it and I am blessed to live in close proximity to fields, woods and so on. Next would be reading - I always like borrowing a bunch of books from the local library. I found so many good survival ones. My favorite is probably survival fiction because I find it interesting trying to imagine being put into certain situations. Last but not least is hiking. I have been actively hiking for many years now and I've been to some of the tallest mountains around here. I've taken overnight hiking trips as well. It can be quite challenging especially for your mind!

33. Anniee

Anniee New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Well, I love watching movies and reading non-fiction books. I can take the whole day without going out reading a non-fiction book or watching a movie. I also practice backyard farming. I have grown and continue to grow maize, spinnach and water melon in my backyard.

34. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:

My son is the same way

35. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I like working out, enjoying some music with a beer, watching movies and such Oh I also love motorcycles. Studying mechanics is one my favorite pass time.

36. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    My interest are varied and my attention span short at times so depends on the day what I like to do to pass the time. I play golf, play guitar and piano, build hot rods, shooting, hiking, reading, watching documentaries and I like doing research on subjects that interest me, and just generally learning something all the time.