What Just Happened In Mexico? The Disaster Of Culiacan

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Oct 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://medium.com/navigating-life/what-the-fuck-just-happened-in-mexico-b98eff2b340c

What Just Happened In Mexico? The Disaster of Culiacan
    5c121b5f87e487ab4a036b25a83327c7.jpeg
    Shameen Yakubu

Oct 19 · 6 min read
    On Thursday afternoon, October 17, one of the biggest stories in the ongoing saga of the Mexican Drug War occurred.

That day in the city of Culiacan in Sinaloa, police and soldiers from the Mexican government arrested Chapo “El Chapo” Guzman’s son, Ovidio Guzman.

And what happened next might as well have come right out of a movie.

Chapo “El Chapo” Guzman, pictured on the left. His son Ovidio Guzman, pictured on the right.
    Ovidio Guzman is not only El Chapo’s son, but a high-level trafficker in the Sinaloa Cartel who was indicted by the US Justice Department in February on drug trafficking charges.

When the cartel found out El Chapo’s son had been arrested and taken, they decided to act.

The cartel started fighting and causing mayhem all over the city to recapture Chapo’s son from the government. It looked like something you’d expect to see happening in Syria, not a Mexican city.

On Thursday in the Sinaloan city of Culiacan, the cartel gunmen were everywhere.

They openly drove in trucks with mounted machine guns, blockaded streets flashing their Kalashnikovs and burned trucks unleashing plumes of smoke like it was a scene in Syria.

They took control of the strategic points in the metro area, shut down the airport, roads, and government buildings and exchanged fire with security forces for hours, leaving at least eight people dead.

— Ioan Grillo, Time Magazine

At one point in the chaos and confusion, cartel members even went into a prison, freed around 50 inmates, armed some of them, and recruited them to help them fight the government.

Civilians in the area were forced to stay inside and hide or find some sort of refuge.

Some weren’t even able to get home and had to hunker down in stores and restaurants as the city escalated into a total warzone.

There were videos and transcripts of cartel members radioing the government forces and demanding them to give up El Chapo’s son or their families would be murdered.

And there were reports that members of the military had their family members taken hostage.

Eventually, the government forces decided to release Ovidio in order to avoid more bloodshed.

When it was officially announced my jaw dropped.

I was in utter disbelief.

The next morning, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador of Mexico gave a statement justifying the decision of Mexican security forces to release El Chapo’s son under pressure from the cartel.

“ You can’t fight fire with fire. That’s the difference with this strategy compared with what previous governments have done. We don’t want deaths, we don’t want war.”

— President Lopez Obrador

There you have it straight from the mouth of the highest-ranking official in Mexico.

The cartel just waged all-out war against the government. And they won.

5c121b5f87e487ab4a036b25a83327c7.png
    5c121b5f87e487ab4a036b25a83327c7.png
    More scenes from Culiacan on October 17, 2019, showing widespread destruction
    These narcos literally shut down an entire city of 800,000 people and forced the government to surrender to them.

This is history unfolding in Mexico.

It’s completely unprecedented and it feels like here in America, no one’s even talking about it!

That just underneath our border, an entire city was at the mercy of drug traffickers and even the President of the country had to admit the best option was to capitulate to them.

I can only speculate on some reasons that the American mainstream media isn’t giving this story the attention it deserves but I do have a few guesses:

1. The mainstream media in the United States doesn’t want to spread any stories about Mexico that would validate Trump’s statements on border security or criminality/lawlessness in Mexico.
    2. The story brings too much attention to the War on Drugs, which has been for all intents and purposes, an utter and complete failure.
    3. Possible fear of the organization and discipline that was displayed by the cartel? Maybe they think the cartel’s willingness to arm themselves and mobilize against state authority could give people ideas.
    Whatever the reason, I have to wonder.

Why isn’t the 24/7 news cycle that loves to have stories of conflict, war, and struggle, jumping on this story? This is one of the worst security crises Mexico has seen in years.

This situation in #Culiacan is one of the biggest stories from the Mexican drug war to ever develop.

No one can deny the power of the cartel at this point
    AFP Graphics
    The cartel has power and influence at every level of the Mexican government, military, and police.

It seems they just don’t flaunt it unless necessary.

What this disaster in Culiacan just did was expose to the outside world who truly runs Mexico.

Even from the perception of Mexican citizens this level of brazenness and boldness by the cartels is unprecedented.

This is going to cause a lot of people to start talking and asking questions.

President Lopez Obrador is going to have to address this new reality in Mexico.

While some people may agree with backing down to the cartel in order to avoid violence, many people also consider the move to be cowardly and shameful.

“His idea of peace and love doesn’t work. He is making the cartel stronger, I don’t even know what his strategy is.”

— Raul Benitez (Security Expert)

For the cartel to be able to act with such impunity and demonstrate such an impressive projection of force is truly unsettling.

But I’m not sure what the alternative is.

It’s crazy to think that these criminal organizations have become so vastly influential that trying to take them on directly would potentially mean civil war.

This entire situation in Mexico has become a whole other animal.

Removing the drug traffickers forcibly would mean all-out warfare against the cartels, unimaginable levels of counter-intelligence operations, extensive surveillance & undercover work, and a comprehensive purging of large portions of the Mexican government, from the politicians to the military, to all levels of law enforcement.

In other words, it would take a miracle.

The cartels are so powerful, so dominant, and so embedded in the infrastructure of Mexican society that I’m not sure if forcibly removing them is even an option at this point.

What this means moving forward
    There’s no denying that what we’ve just witnessed in Mexico is historic.

It’s an unprecedented development and evolution in this ongoing Mexican drug war.

It’s completely blurring the lines between organized crime and outright insurgency. I think this is something new that we haven’t seen before where you have a criminal organization that has grown this powerful.

Narcos in Mexico have completely shattered the pretense of a government monopoly on violence.

This could have huge repercussions and implications on Mexican domestic and foreign policy. International relations might very well be affected because one can make the argument that the official government of Mexico isn’t truly in power.

This also calls into question so many things about the War on Drugs and Mexico’s relationship with the United States.

With so much money and guns moving south into Mexico and so many drugs moving north into America, this has got to spark a serious conversation.

I‘m not sure what this really means for Mexico and its government moving forward.

The government itself showed a complete failure in maintaining law and order. It showed that they’ll negotiate with terrorists. It showed that the government can be defeated with violence and it might set a precedent for how Mexican drug traffickers respond to future arrests of high-level targets.

This is a dark and challenging time for the people of Mexico and this is a complex and nuanced situation.

I don’t have any answers or solutions but I‘ll be continuing to watch how things develop and I hope the people of Mexico can find peace and prosperity.

Please share this article if you found it informative so more people can find out about what’s going on and comment below with your thoughts on the situation.

TMT Tactical, poltiregist and howler like this.
  2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    And tell me how this is different than ISIS taking over a country. We better secure our border quickly or we are in deeper crap than we are now. Unless it is already too late.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My anger is such right now that I'd love to see mayhem occur in leftist urban areas. Let them soak in the flames of godlessness. The communists can get to know hell in this world so that they will know where they are headed in the next. Tens of millions of leftist voters need to get to know what their votes bring to this country. Let them eat fear.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    If taking over Mexico is that easy,...why haven't we done it already?

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Machiavelli warned the prince not to take over lands where the people are always at war with each other and their rulers. Such places would always just be trouble. Russia learned that in Afghanistan ... as had Briton a hundred years before.

6. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree...unless one knows to read history carefully.

There is an example of a nation taking care of a problem like this one....and that is the Romans getting fed up with the Jews and what was happening in Palestine...with the Jewish factions fighting against each other ..and also against Roman Rule.

This is what lead to the conquering of Palestine and the destruction of Jerusalem by 70 AD. The Romans just got tired and disgusted with the unrest and civil war among the factions in and around Jerusalem and sent General Vespasian and his son Titus to take the city which they did after a 3.5 year siege.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Wor...+the+wars+of+the+jews.&qid=1572269507&sr=8-47

In this book by Flavius Josephus..is a shocking and stunning account of what the Jews were doing amongst themselves in a civil war...before the Romans arrived and surrounded the city of Jerusalem ..to put a stop to it.

This is an accounting for which most of the world does not want us to know about this historical event...by a person..who witnessed it happening...Flavius Josephus..himself a Jew.

Something similar...adjusted for modern technology will have to be done in Mexico or it will cease to be the Mexico of which we know....or have known.

But the lessons are there in history for those who know how to read it...and or have the will to carry It out.

It appears to me that the Mexican government is failing and the cartels are trying to grow over the country....

But the cartels themselves may not be up to running a government.....but barely to run their own business in competition with others.

This is the essence of what was happening in Jerusalem before 70 ad where the various Jewish factions were at war with each other...and all of them at times at war with Rome...

What they were really doing was disturbing lucrative trade within the Roman Empire....by their constant infighting amongst each other and on occasion with Rome. And by 70 AD...Rome had enough of these Hebrews...and their unrest within the Roman Empire.

And this is precisely where Mexico is going today.....

LastOutlaw...

The list with dates you have posted concerning El Chapo... is very interesting and telling to those who know some history...very telling...

I am thinking to myself....what Trump and Company have in mind..should they be re elected for another four years. Just a thought concerning the security of the United States.

I will remind the readers here that Oliver Cromwell did similar in invading Scotland and Ireland to put a stop to the infighting and conflict with England...to achieve a level of security....after the English Civil War was over.

Think about what someone is trying desperately to do to this country.

Be Warned.

Know some history ...know something more than the Kardashians ….NFL...NASCAR...et al.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Last Outlaw,

The Mexican drug cartel reminds me of Hezbollah now embedded in the government of Lebanon.

The above article could have more accurately stated that a powerful paramilitary force confronted a weak Mexican national army.

The writer mentions "not sure what the alternative is". The alternative is crystal clear. The alternative won't occur by osmosis or Tinker Bell's magic wand.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  8. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I cant help but wonder if the cartel does not want to run mexico but control the rulers instead so they can go on with their financial gains and reap the rewards without the responsibility of running the country. Running Mexico would seem to me to be a crappy job. Hence their reasoning behind only bringing their truck mounted machine guns out when they feel it is needed then backing off into the shadows again when they have accomplished their goals. If they took over it is very likely that the US would march right in there as a "humanitarian" offensive.

9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree . The Mexican government has for all practical purposes has become ALMOST a pupit government with the drug cartel pulling the strings . They even got Obama to furnish the cartel weapons at the U.S. taxpayers expense .

TMT Tactical, Dalewick and LastOutlaw like this.
  10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

This is often called or termed....Proxy leadership. And this is what is leadership in many countries ..even in the west.

It is what we have had here in America ...until Trump and Company...without most Americans being aware of it happening.

We appear to have a choice between two phony political parties...run at the top by the same people electing proxy leadership for whom they can control..on both phony sides.
    It must look enough like a real conflict to keep the American people on the string..under control....properly herded.

It appears that Abraham Lincoln was not part of this group and believed he was a real President...making decisions for the whole country...and America's interest.

So too with John Kennedy...he too thought he was a real President..

Ronald Reagan too...and he had to be reminded who pulled the strings.

William McKinley was gotten rid of to get their boy into the office of President....Teddy Roosevelt..and we began to ditch the Monroe Doctrine openly with Teddy Roosevelt.

The reason I strongly suspect that this is the real status of our government and "Proxy Leaders" is that whenever the left pulls a fast one ...the right or so called Conservative Republicans are silent …...

Silence is the tell tale give away when the so called Conservative Republicans could have a "Teachable Moment " to wise up the American Public as to what is going on out here...and they are totally silent.

It is the silence which tells me that the Republican Party is nothing more than Democrat Lite...and that the American People are being bounced back and forth between two phony political parties.

Donald Trump ...though operating under the Republican Moniker....,appears to be operating more as an Independent....which accounts for why many in both phony political parties don t like him. Donald is a huge threat to the power'/money structure ...the rigged show...

He is not playing the Proxy Political game....and thus many in both political parties do not like him.

The Proxy Political game is one of private rulers in secret running a government...for their goals/profit...without the consent of the people....and often using their power and influence to keep the people ignorant and Herded properly to keep their profits and power coming.

Give people enough education to do their jobs and stay just where they are ….

http://libertytree.ca/quotes/John.D..Rockefeller.Quote.585E

https://www.zhibit.org/diemythographer/die-mythographer-die/occasional-letter-number-one-2006

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019