What should you do and how you will deal with it?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by ReadmeByAmy, Jun 19, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    All of us had wishes that we want to come true into our life.. What if you had one wish and your family and love ones does not agree and contradict with what you are aspiring for? What should you do and how you will deal with it?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am just working towards my professional studio environment, just like I have been for years. The way I've been getting there has changed, it's been really messy, but the destination has been the same this whole time. I already didn't have my family on my team, just burned those bridges and kept going.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  3. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Well, I have known people in the past that had career aspirations that their family didn't exactly agree with. Usually, it is because the person wants to pursue a career that may be difficult to succeed in like music or art, but I have even seen families disagree with people pursing careers that their family feels doesn't make enough money. However, ultimately, you have to make yourself happy. As long as whatever your aspiring to do or be doesn't embarrass or shame your family, they should want you to be happy, successful and fulfilled.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    First thing to do in my opinion is to talk about the issue, find out WHY they disagree. Then it may be a matter of some compromise.
    Keith.

5. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I agree Keith, you need to know why they don't agree and then come to a decision whether you should implement your wish or not. I think it is important to include your family in your decision.

ReadmeByAmy and Keith H. like this.
  6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Why would I tell my wish to all of them? It is my wish and as long as it doesn't hurt them they have no right to say no to it and even if they say no I would have to go with it because we really should not let people ruin our dreams and especially your closest ones should not be doing that. I would feel disappointed and I already have but that never lasted for too long. I keep on going to achieve my goals and wishes no matter what.

7. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    My family was truly against almost everything I set out to do at first, like moving to Japan or pursuing a career in dance. My mother came to understand my passions in time, but my father, to this day, still doesn't understand why I'd drop out of Forensic Science to go after a completely alternative lifestyle. Even though we sat down and talked about it, he just refuses to accept that I'm following my heart instead of my head.

The point I'm trying to make is this: family disagreed with my goals, I went against their wishes/desires, now I'm happy in Japan doing what I love, and because they see that, they are beginning to accept my choice.

8. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Since my mother left me alone in Germany when she emigrated to Australia when I was 18, I already was forced to handle life alone at a very young age.
    So a couple years down the road I got married and had kids. My mother did not approve this for a very long time and we had a couple years where we just did not communicate anymore because of it. She wanted me to marry a rich guy but I didn't.
    At the time, I tried everything to show her that I care about what she thinks but ultimately I decided to do what I feel is right because it does not make sense to live a life that she wants me to live but not being there when I really needed her.
    Every family is different. There is always someone who dislikes something you do.
    I would say you have to do what makes you happy but still stay open for talking about it.
    With time they will see you are happy and doing well and will eventually give in.
    In my opinion, it should be more important that your family wants you to be happy no matter what you do with your life.

9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am assuming that any decision made would in some way effect someone else, as a for instance, leaving the city to live in the country.
    Keith.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  10. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    This is a prevalent issue when one finds self in cross purposes with their family. There was a time I had launched into craft making and design majoring in the area of papier mache. I had got an order to supply the items for export and I had to practice alot to finetune my skills. My mother and sister discouraged me from it and I eventually stopped anyway. But I suppose its good to take a second look at your aspirations just in case you are wrong.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  11. Iohndee

Iohndee New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Many great dreams have gone unfulfilled because of discouragement from people who wrongfully used their lack of ability to judge other's ability. For this reason, I have learnt to follow my heart in whatever is good and alright with me.

Whenever I have shared my aspirations with family members, it is not to seek their concent. It is to let them know what I am up to. If they feel it isn't right, well, too bad. If I believe in it, then its my life.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    That's an interesting question but I would choose my passion over loved ones every day of the week, as crazy and selfish as that may sound. Every person in life has a goal or something they thrive for everyday, when you lose that you lose a part of your humanity. I would give up a relationship to pursue my dreams.

13. willywonka

willywonka Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I would wish for good health. Without good health then we can't do anything. I had an aunt who couldn't walk or move when she had ALS and her whole life was derailed. I would wish for everyone in my family to have good health so that they could do all of the fun things that they want to do with their lives.

14. ReadmeByAmy

158/173

Blog Posts:
    In reality this is so true that sometimes our own family doesn't understand why we want to do something which we think will make us happy and better in our life. Until they don't see that we succeed in our goals they will not accept and agree with the decisions that we had made. Thanks for sharing :)

15. ReadmeByAmy

158/173

Blog Posts:
    We all know that our family only wants what is the best for us that is why sometimes they always interfere with some of our decisions in life. When I was still younger I do not put too much emphasis on this and I always hate that I always have to tell them first before I make any decisions in my life. But when I became matured and had my own family already I realized why my family are like this to me before. Now I knew already that it is for my own sake and they only want me to live and have a beautiful life in the future. Thanks for sharing your story :)

16. ReadmeByAmy

158/173

Blog Posts:
    This is absolutely right :) We should follow our own dreams with the desires of our heart and let our family and love ones just be our guide while we travel our journey to success in our life. Whatever happen if we succeed or not, it is just a matter of learning our lessons from life.

17. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure I entirely understand the question, I was brought up to stand on my own two feet and make my own decisions, I gave up worrying what others thought of me nearly 40 years ago.

18. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have freind in the white house and a freind that is homelesss both resepct me and visit me both are treated the same im me with whoever whereever its got me this far

19. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    What would I do? Well, personally, I would keep pursuing what you are doing because if a family member isn't supportive of what you love to do they are just holding you back and bringing you down. I understand they're family and I am not suggesting just cutting them off, I would sit down and try to talk to them about it because they're family and you don't want to lose a family member over something like that!

Keith H. likes this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When I decided to leave England for Australia my parents were against it. My mother did not fight me over it, but my father was upset. I left anyway. I can't say that I have not had any regrets, but I am glad that I came to Australia.
    Keith.

21. hpro hamed

hpro hamed New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    if I had that chance to fulfill my dream I will do it no matter who is against me, life is something that happen once and I don't want regret that I lost my chance to get what I wanted. if there was magical way for me to get me to Australia I wouldn't miss that chance because in my country the only thing that exist for me is death and fear I can't live with that
    if I had a chance to fulfill my dream I wouldn't missed it by any chance or by onyone so that's thing that every body should do follow your dreams life happen just one time...

Keith H. likes this.
  22. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree mate [​IMG] Indonesia is not a good place to be. I hope you eventually make it here so you can start a new life.
    Regards, Keith.