"What to Do in a Gas Attack"

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by CivilDefense, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    The following is a Civil Defense video that covers what to do in a chemical attack. While it predates some modern chemical agents, the overall material is still valuable, so I thought I would pass it along.

2. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Isn't a gasmask just one of the most important things here? I feel like as long as you stay inside/underground, and wear a gasmask, it's possible to survive chemical warfare. Chemical warfare is a very dirty tactic though, and I don't see many people using this in the future. I hope I personally never need to know how to truly survive a chemical attack.

3. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    It really depends on the chemical agent. The difference between, say, Mustard Gas and VX Nerve Agent is night and day. Some you'd need a full chem/bio suit and proper decontamination facilities to survive.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not downplaying having a mask; it is a good idea. In fact, my wife and I have adult masks, the toddler a hood style mask, and the infant a type that fully encloses the child.

Agreed, it is nasty business. However, it is a lot cheaper than atomic weapons, so hostile nations and non-state actors have used them in the past, and likely will in the future.