What to expect during an apocalypse

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-25_3-0-53.png
    During an apocalypse, you can expect the absolute worst of everything. People will no longer be the same. There will be no cares given and most likely the world will erupt into a violent, chaotic mess. Much like it already is just without any form of order whatsoever. People will turn to cannibalism and acts of hunger in an effort to avoid starvation. Some people will drink blood thinking that that will quench their thirst because clean water will not be available and will be very scarce when it can be found. These are just some of the notions of what might occur during an apocalypse. Should you want to survive an apocalypse, the key to doing this is going to be to remain underground and away from the rest of society. In order for this to happen, you need to have a bunker set up where you could sustain life for an extended amount of time. A self-sustainable off-grid unit that has its own biosphere is the best way for you to survive comfortably.
    upload_2016-1-25_3-1-31.png
    With the proper planning, a large enough budget and the right individuals you can create a utopia for yourself or yourself and a select group of others should an apocalypse happen in your lifetime or the lifetime of your loved ones. You will need a fresh water supply which will involve going deep into the ground for well water, creating fresh water condensers and using methods of watering plants and gathering fresh water such as condensation. You also need to have a way to power lights, fans and other forms of air filtration. This may sound elaborate but is achievable. With the way the world's going today, it never hurts to have a permanent bunker that you can go to during the time of a natural disaster or catastrophe.

poltiregist likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    If there is any lead up time at all the .gov of most countries will outlaw hording and reward anyone who dobs someone in!
    So anything you do must be kept completely secret!
    A bunker will be useless if there are council plans for it or you bought your supplies locally or with a card!
    or the neighbours say anything the least sus!
    great if you can get away with it, a complete waste if you can't! and you could get locked up! that's never good!

Rule number one for a prepper/survivalist is keep it all a secret even secret from the mrs and kids until the time comes
    over the years I have seen a few people get done in by there partners either deliberately or accidentally! no joke!

example one guy had a lot of supplies stached and the mrs knew! when flooded in (floods regular around here)
    good hearted mrs told neighbour to come around as they had supplies!
    Well within an hour eighty out of about ninety people flooded in were at his place almost demanding to be fed and watered!
    Mrs just could not see the neighbours kids going hungry even for a day so after day four days her kids went hungry!
    Everyone thanked them but no one reimbursed them and they now all know where to go next time!
    I have several other examples but won't print them!

Morgan101, poltiregist and Keith H. like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    what to expect in an apocalypse?: anything and everything!!

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We survived cyclone Tracey back in 74. It was suddenly a dog eat dog world. Looters posed a threat. But we have experienced much worse just living off the grid out bush. I don't think the majority of people truly realise just how difficult & dangerous it is going to be if a shtf situation arises.
    The biggest problem with survivng in a bunker as I see it is that there is NO escape if your hiding place is found, no escape & no way to fight back & defend yourself. Fish in a barrel.
    Keith.

5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep bunkers long term are just coffins you occupy before you are dead!

But any doctrine is prone to failure! if you are not adaptable to the circumstances!
    To rely on any way of doing stuff now is to court failure!
    Anyone who thinks they have it all sorted now and knows what to do is doomed!
    Bit like armies, they have there last war fine tuned, all lessoned learnt!
    But like every war the next is not a repeat of the last so the old men in charge fight the new war like the old and fail and fail again!

Whatever the apocalypse turns out to be it will be new and unique!, most old guys with the answers will be wrong!

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    they always say no plan survives first contact with the enemy!! we all need to be able to adapt to changing circumstances.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Expect the worst. You're life have been turned upside down and your chances of survival decreases tenfold. Just be open minded and accept the current state of your life and just deal with it. Don't trust anyone apart from the people you already know. Be tough and be notoriously vigilant.

8. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure if our current entertainment options really have realistic expectations for an apocalypse. I think it would be really funny if the world ended with a whimper, and not a bang. People expect constant natural disasters, airborne viruses, asteroids, global warming, etc. But what if we all just slowly died, non-violently? You can't really prepare for that kind of thing. There's not a lot of equipment you could have to prepare you for a slow, non-violent death.

9. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    The hard part would be surviving the first two years. Those will be the hardest but beyond there most survivors would have learned self-sufficiency the hard way but that doesn't mean the world would be safer. In a post-apocalyptic world where laws exist not, there'll always be reavers.

Keith H. and poltiregist like this.
  10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think I saw what to expect during the first few days of an apocalyptic event firsthand . After hurricane Katrina electrical power was down over a vast area , thus gas stations down . Traveling from north into the devastation the nearest open gas station was Lake Village Arkansas . That is about three hundred miles from hurricane landfall . People were strewn along the road in the fashion you see on the apocalyptic movies . They drove until they ran out of gas ,pulled over to the shoulder of the road and just sat there . They didn't just leave their vehicle sitting in the road blocking traffic . I can certainly believe in some locations they might leave their vehicle blocking traffic . I passed hundreds of stranded vehicles but saw nobody get out and start walking . Some sat there for days . In a national or global catastrophe I don,t think that many people will try to walk to a retreat but will simply set down and wait , thinking someone or something will save them . In a permanent grid down situation I would expect the highways to be littered with vehicles and corpses . Those that are hunkering down in a city I hope have a strong stomach . The stench of rotting corpses will be horrific .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Another good reason to get those low priced gas masks.

Morgan101, Sourdough and poltiregist like this.
  12. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post, I saw similar after surviving cyclone Tracey, but no vehicles on highways. Dead people in the city & roaming dogs, the police were out trying to shoot the dogs with handguns & not doing a very good job of it. The main highway out of the city had a police road block, but looters were taking bush trails to get around the road block. City roads were blocked here & there, I managed to get my 4WD out from under the debris of our fallen house in the suburbs. We headed out bush to hunt meat for food. There was no water, no toilets, no electricity. We drank wine instead of water because the Xmas supply was found under the house undamaged! We had some looters, but I still had my guns. We camped for a long time under the raised floor of the Queensland style home, then we moved out bush off grid. We never went back to the city.
    d9bcadaf3ad6b1a118caab783679e6be.jpeg
    Keith.

13. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith: You were very fortunate to have a place to move to, and not just another place, an improvement. Had you owned the property you moved to for some time? Were you planning to go off grid, and this was the tipping point?

Tornados are quite prevalent in our neck of the woods, and my Plan A would be to camp on my property as you did. Make sure I could salvage everything I could. Stand guard with several weapons to keep looters away, and wait until we could get back inside the house.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes mate, we were paying off on the land. I have only done this twice in Australia, first for a vehical because I had to have accommodation for a job out bush, so I purchased a hearse. Second was that 20 acres of land. I purchased a 30 foot cyclone damaged caravan, towed it out to the property & fixed it up there.
    We had planned to move out bush anyway, just not so soon! So yes, the cyclone speeded up our move. I stayed in town until my Mother-in-law was set up & then we moved. But it was like the wild west where we moved to, you had to be on your guard all the time. I was in the Territory for 10 years, 5 of those years off grid out bush. Strapped on a side arm with my pants everyday. The monsoons were the worst time. If the Toyota Landcruiser got bogged I would use the little Suzuki, if that got bogged I used the horse. When the horse got bogged I didn't go far from home!
    Eventually I had enough of the heat & the wet season, & the raiders & decided to move.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  15. Hick Industries

Hick Industries Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Most folks have made no preparations at all. They live in poorly insulated homes or apartments with no water storage, no off grid heating, their car's gas tank is on empty, and the frig and pantry have enough food to last three days. No act of faith or government can change their fate. These unprepared people are going to die.

Very quickly after the power goes out, the cell towers and the Internet crashes, the grocery store empties, the gas station sells out, the unprepared are going to figure out their fate. But before they die, they are going to bite and scratch, and steal and burn, and try and take what ever they can from others. They will become a mob and they will act without reason.

The mob will then turn upon the productive segment of society. They will raid the farms, refineries, warehouses, and drain and pollute drinking water reservoirs. Ultimately they will try and take from those of us who prepare. They don't know much about us now. But they will be desperate, so they will learn quickly. We will be the only resources left, we who prepare will become the target, for those who have not.

The last act of the mob will be the worst. Some stupid idiot is going to start a fire. Lots of fires. There will no longer be enough firefighters, or electric power, or fuel, or clear roads, or water pressure left to fight them. Every major city is going to burn to the ground. Our great nation is dying, and our great cities will burn on the funeral pyre.

Buy some land in a rural area. Build a home with thick insulation, a wood stove, a big propane tank and gas cook stove. Drill your own well, install a large water tank. Mount some solar panel on the roof. Build a pantry and stock it with several years worth of food. Plant a garden, an orchard, buy some rabbits and chickens. But don't crow about it. Do not tell the whole neighborhood or you sister that likes to tweet.

The bank will try and stay alive by seizing any home with a loan balance and positive equity. The county will try and tax anything with a new coat of paint. But the mob is the real threat. A whole lot of people are going to be desperate and hungry and ****ed off at the fate, and they will transfer the blame onto anyone with a who has a single crumb more than they.

So prepare for the worst, prepare for the end of the civilized world. But don't miss the chance to keep your big mouth shut