What Will Cause SHTF?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by ziskasun, Jun 15, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Those are the places that we have been feeding for the last hundred years. They will notice when the food stops coming. Places like Balderdash, Haiti, basically most of the island countries, huge sections of Africa and most of the middle east has more people than they could ever hope to feed. When nobody can come to buy their oil they will have a hard time eating it.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only time the British masses will notice is when the stores are empty and the power is down, but by then it will be too late for them to do anything about it, eat the food in their house, all 5 days worth, then die of starvation when they cant get any more.

Keith H. and koolhandlinc like this.
  3. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Its always the rich doing crap.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    What will cause it? The catalist? I am not sure that the situation has decended to the point yet that a single catalist can be pin pointed yet.

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think it will more likely be some sort of "foreign policy" that will be the cause, either some offence taken by a foreign power which could result in armed conflict but it could just as easily be a cutting off of supplies and goods which will eventually result in a societal collapse and "every man for himself".

koolhandlinc likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you look at history you will see a slow escalation of tensions that then seemed to suddenly escalate and then some repetitively minor thing set things off. "The First World War was started by the assassination of the Austro-Hungarian heir to the throne Archduke Franz Ferdinand. He and his wife were murdered by Gavrilo Princip, a Serbian nationalist and member of the Black Hand Group, in response for the Austro-Hungarian annexation of Bosnia." The truth is that this was not something that was odd back then. Political assassination of members of the various royal families happened periodically for hundreds of years. It was like a lot of things in history. It was the timing rather than the act that set of a world wide period of war.

The problem is that over the many centuries our weapons have gotten better and so the wars have become more and more devastating. I think that we are now truly to the point that the next war may be the "war to end all wars." It will end wars, at least on the global scale, for a long time because there won't be enough of us left with the energy for that sort of stupidity for a long time.

We have tottered on the edge of this for a long time and come extremely close to doing it several times. The thing that I am seeing right now that is really scary is a series of things. The threat off the USSR collapsed, our relations with communist China settled and they became economic power more than a military threat. In general for the first time in my entire life there wasn't really an ax hanging over my head. Then the little things started, this time by little groups of people and the tensions started again.

When a person has been depressed for a long time and fighting suicidal level pain if you suddenly see them lighten up for a little while and seem to be getting over it you had better watch them because the next bought of depression may well be their last. The seeming relief that you saw was them making the decision not to suffer any more. Their relief gives them more emotional energy and then the next down turn triggers them and they kill themselves. I am afraid that I see humanity as a whole entering into the terminal stages of a similar problem.

Some small thing is going to happen. North Korea may do something especially asinine or we may do some small thing that the little crazy fat man just can't tolerate. Someone with toss that first bomb but like that one shooting that started WW1 it will spread and if everyone gets involved then this old world will get to start all over again. If we can keep it localized to one area it will be no better. If North Korea were to Zap the US with an EMP that took our power grid out and we in term slagged North Korea. How long do you think the Russians and Chinese would let the US lay unable to apparently defend itself?

poltiregist and koolhandlinc like this.
  7. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    So many variables! What I have read here makes real sense.

Un is a big wild card. On a world level so many things have a balance. He's really the only world player who seems unstable enough to affect the balance.

8. Roger Klemmons

Roger Klemmons New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I have to agree with you. As soon as the BRIC nations obtain a foothold in the Middle East for the use of their currency to purchase oil, our economy will decline. This will lead to internal strife in the US and make us vulnerable to a potential Red Dawn scenario.

9. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    The pace seems to be accelerating.

10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What'cha wanna bet that there will be terrorist strikes against Western civilian targets after the retaliatory missile strikes against Syria by the USA and its cohort. These strikes supposedly did royal damage to key production sites where chemical weapons are produced. Terrorists acting on the cheap could hit with minor events such as shootings or driving into crowds of people, however one day the weapon of the terrorist will be the release of biologic agents. Man-made biologic weapons are resistant to treatment, spread like crazy before clinical symptoms begin, and are deniable (even though our researchers can recognize bio-signatures and thus trace back to likely origin).

Imagine AIDS, except that it has become readily transmissible. Weaponized turbo-anthrax has been around for decades. There are some very nasty biologic agents out there and then there are the apocalyptic varieties.

Imagine a 75% casualty rate in the mega-megalopolis between Washington D.C. and Boston.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis
    Fifty million times 0.75 = 37.5 million people gone. Gone initially, mind you.

Even if the contagion could be stopped (and that is a big IF), the impact on the USA would be catastrophic. Imagine an England without London, a France without Paris. The West doesn't have to worry so much about getting nuked by Russia or China. The West has to worry about the coming man-made plague.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are so many small threads that if they get pulled everything will come unwound and crash. If the US gets tired of being the sugar daddy for the rest of the world and stops also being the free rent a cops for anyone too lazy to fight for their own freedom the world will go down the tubes fast.

If Trump pushes Russia too far and we go to war we will be crushed unless we use the nukes. We don't have the manufacturing ability we used to have. Our oil industry has been crushed by our own government and our fleets won't have fuel for long. Our people are not the same sort that went to war in WW1 and WW2. These kids these days can't even change a flat tire much less bow up and fight for their freedoms. Rather than tolerate a draft they would surrender.

Eventually the breeding masses that we support all over the world are going to surpass our ability or willingness to do it. Wars are the only way we have now to control the populations of people that breed like rats with not concern for their own welfare. War is a very contagious disease.

This thing in Seria was expected. There will be more. The military both in the US and Russia have new toys that they want to play with and test out. This may be their opportunity. There is no real way to test lots of weapons other than in actual combat. Boys like things that go boom and will find a way to do it one way or another.

We are coming well past due for any of SEVERAL massive natural disasters. When the chances of something happening is one in a hundred it doesn't sound to bad. When you have a hundred things though that are a one in a hundred chance it gets pretty dangerous and we aren't far from that level. Volcanoes, Asteroids, Comets, Plagues, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, War... We are past due...

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    despite all this stuff going on in Syria I don't think an all out nuclear war is probable, there are no winners in a nuclear war, only losers. and Putin knows that, he's not stupid.
    as for SHTF it could be a lot of other things, and I don't think it will just be one thing, it will be lots of lesser things combined which will cause a domino or cascade effect, each in their own a very small event hardly even noticeable but combined they bring the system as we know it crashing down.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not worried about any of the major powers tossing nukes around. We all have too much to lose. It is the little dinks that worry me. North Korea, Iran and such are such that if the leadership thinks that they would survive and come out ahead they would sacrifice their peasant populations.

14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "We are past due" is a phase I use very often. I'm good at math, but you know what, you don't have to be Mr. Math to figure out our current situation. Common Sense 101 tells you that we here in the West have had it rather easy for over a half-century now.

Bad things, and I do mean extraordinarily horrific events of every ilk, happen on Earth on a regular basis. Mother Nature couldn't care less -- she'll evolve new species over XXX million years. On the other hand, we ephemeral teeny tiny squishy humans better care!

Step One is admitting that the statistics are NOT in our favor when it comes to whether SHTF events will always pass far from us. Most people can't / won't take step one and that is troubling. Why? Because you do NOT want to be caught in the middle of a lake of victims, a cowboy with a stampeding herd shifting towards you and the rock face behind you.

To get past what is coming with our families intact, we need to identify the dangers, reposition ourselves if necessary, and gather the items, the skill sets, and the mental wherewithal to ride out whatever tidal wave of misfortune may come our way. Our ancestors accomplished this in centuries, in millennia, past ... or we wouldn't be here. Don't let your ancestors down! So what if we do not know that which will befall us! Our ancestors had little or no warning. I bet they were totally frightened when faced with the worst. Yet they overcame all obstacles and did persevere.

What our ancestors DID have on their side was the ability to live simply and adapt to many varying circumstances. Those peoples of the past who became dependent on narrow means of support were wiped out. Today, we likely do not even know the name of entire peoples who were unprepared and thus disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Praise God we live in an age of information, for if you are willing to learn and to put that which you have learned into physical action, you will greatly increase the odds of you and your family living on into the future. Plus, you will make your ancestors very proud of you. That which they endured to get their progeny (i.e. you) into the future was not in vain.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    when past civilisations collapsed, the survivors could access their daily needs by their own sweat and labour and just wait for civilisation to reassert itself no matter how long that took, we can no longer do that, our civilisation is so dependant on global trade that if that stops the civilisation would fail and fail big time.

Keith H. likes this.
  16. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This trade thing goes right over my head. As an individual, & even as the head of the family, we are quite capable of surviving on our own & producing whatever we need. So why the hell can't the rest of the country do that? Anyway mate, you are probably right. A lot of people would be caught off guard & not know what to do.
    Keith.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    before supermarkets and food brought in from the other side of the world , my parents and my friends parents all grew a vast majority of our own fruit and veg, many had chickens in their back yards and rabbits were always available at the local market.
    nowadays it is normal for most people to get everything from their local supermarket, even budget shops like Lidl sell clothes and household items as well as the usual food items, that's okay until something happens to cut the supply chain, then it will be pandemonium because very few people know how to grow their own food these days.

poltiregist and Keith H. like this.
  18. Jim B

Jim B Member
      21/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't really believe any one politician today is pulling the strings. I do believe most if not all of them have their own agendas which have nothing to do with what any of the citizens of the world want. (Living to our own agendas) I truly believe that people not caring about people will be our undoing in some fashion. It has already begun and will continue to get worse until the dominoes falling can't be stopped. Maybe already too late. Preparing now is your only hope of surviving.

TexDanm and Keith H. like this.
  19. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People don't seem to even care about their kids these days. Our society has become so self centered that it is not so slowly falling apart.

Jim B and Keith H. like this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree, I have often wondered why these politicians don't give a damn about their kids & their grandchildren. Makes no sense to me. But then Trump & Turnbull have put a lot of effort into helping the Indonesian government commit genocide in West Papua, contributing money & military training. Women & children raped & murdered. I guess human life means little to these men when wealth & power are to be gained. Then again what about the warlords of old, they were ruthless, but I bet they looked after their own families. It is a different world now, people like Trump & Turnbull are in it for themselves, not for the good of the people.
    Keith.

Jim B likes this.
  21. 44Special

44Special New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    A complaint based on script color is certainly not what I came to this site for. Really? Does "Snowflake" mean anythong to you?
    Please everyone tell me now, is this the level of maturity I am about to receive? Maybe that's why I am reclusive and just can't put my faith in anyone but myself.
    I've been here for just two days. I understand those who speak hypothetically because not everyone has really been there. But I can't navigate this kind of weakness.
    Jeez Keith! I'm sure glad she didn't throw any "BOLD"in there...

22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Font size and such is used to express emotion and the important points in a post. Excessive use is considered immature and rude like yelling at someone when you are involved in a face to face conversation. I'm active on a lot of sites and this is a pretty standard and understood thing across all of them. Commenting on it, rather than an immature thing is rather informing someone that evidently is new to this sort of thing about what is polite and what is considered rude.

That red post was made two and a half years ago. Several people weren't fond of the red font but nonetheless the topic was given a lot of serious thought and comment. Is the two very short comments all you could find on this topic worthy of comment? How about considering the question she asked. Please tell us that this isn't all you wish to offer us on this subject. I seriously doubt that a few complaints about a font is what will cause the SHTF.

Keith H. likes this.
  23. 44Special

44Special New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Something about this place just stinks of pc, intellectualization ad nauseum.
    This truly won't be any kind of fit for me. The thing I dislike more than a pussy, is someone who defends one. The world will eat you. Good luck. 44 out.

24. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The easiest way for an aggressive nation to attack another nation these days is to cut off their electrical grid then just sit back and wait for the die off .

lonewolf likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Anybody else keeping up with the French riots due to that country's fuel tax increase? It's worth the read. There are innumerable articles about the riots on the web.

Sometimes before volcanoes or huge earthquakes, there appear minor earthquakes -- tiny warnings, as it were; "hint-hint nudge-nudge" events. The euro is unbacked -- Eurobank & Deutsche Bank can't keep bailing it out -- and the debts of the nations of Europe are now far past bankruptcy conditions. Short story, it's over. Governments can pretend that all is well (increase unsustainable debt) and prop-up dead financial institutions with bizarre life-support systems. They can, but the stink leaks out.

Some politicians / bankers say, "We need austerity measures." This is obviously true (way too late), however the people have become addicted to their government checks and government prop-ups of all sorts. Pull the needle out of their arm and they go violent. Read today's papers.

I've said it a bunch of times before, but I'll say it yet again, "If these folk riot over fuel prices, what will they do when their government checks become toilet paper?!"

Here are photos from the last 24 hours:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=yel...Vn4IMKHZiID5AQpwUIHw&biw=1182&bih=619&dpr=1.5

https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...-of-emergency-after-paris-riots-37586287.html

poltiregist likes this.
  26. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is my job as one of the moderators to bring this sort of thing to the notice of members 44. I fail to see why you are bothering to comment on this.
    Keith.

27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    44special is evidently not so special and is just a troll. Sadly there are a lot of people that are only happy when they are stirring crap. I sincerely hope that he takes his stupidity and leaves. People like him won't last a week without cops and laws to keep people from just killing people like him. Dan's Survival rule number one...don't unnecessarily piss people off or act an ass!

LOL I always feel sorry for people like this. They are nearly always a mouse in the real world. I'm an ass at times, I know y'all are shocked, but I will do it in your face in the real world and not just online.

Sorry Kieth. I'm a little like a junk yard dog and if you come in my territory and piss on my trees the fight is on. I will understand if you delete this but I wanted it said. This place is very special and you and Lonewolf do a great job of keeping all us kids corralled.

Keith H. and koolhandlinc like this.
  28. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    Currently the federal reserve is driving the downward spiral well

29. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmmm!! This is like brilliant...

You mean to tell me that poor or medium people do not do crap nor get someone else to take the risks in life for them or get greedy???

Someone here is showing their public school education..a movie and television education trying to do all their thinking for them.

30. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People no longer seem to know what is important and what is not. All they know is what they WANT and what they believe they DESERVE even when that isn't possible. The life that we live, especially in the US, is an unbelievable exercise in excess. Some of us know this but a lot of people think that this is normal. I am no different than most people except in that I know and have experience with what being dirt poor is like. All BS aside I wasn't all that unhappy being poor. Give me a roof, food and a warm bed and I'm fine.

It won't take a lot for people to just go totally ape and freak out. People won't be able to get by on just food and water. They NEED gourmet foods and special syrupy drinks and their booze of choice. Anything less is just totally unacceptable. The people on welfare are even worse!!! We are at the point where it won't take much to have riots spreading like a forest fire or the plague.

31. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Two legged wilflife...you are describing two legged wildlife...

And most of these people haven't a clue...they think they are entirely normal.

How about those Kardashians???

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've never understood the thing about the Kardashians. Other than diddle everyone in California what have they done worth mentioning?? I am not very up on anything out of California's or New York's entertainment industry. I don't go to the movies. I don't watch much TV outside of the discovery type channels and football. I don't watch the news and have no interest in most of the magazines that would talk about the entertainment industry. I am almost embarrassingly ignorant about that sort of thing. The only Kardashian that I might recognize is the one with the big butt but I can't remember her first name. The kids are always saying something about someone and then amazed when I don't have a clue who they are talking about. LOL I know more about the cartoon critters than the real actors. I do sit with my grandbaby in my lap and watch cartoons with her.

33. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No apology necessary my friend, I sent him a warning. But you an ass sometimes 4286efb51b68368fa16e0ff637f6fece.jpeg No more than the rest of us I am sure :)
    Keith.

34. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It's only my opinion but the shit has already hit the fan. A year or so ago I wrote a post entitled "Silent Apocalypse" on another forum which voiced my fears about the accumulating level of persistent chemical toxicity that we're building up in our environment. Big corporations poisoning us in the name of profit.
    Anyway, to cut a long diatribe short, after looking into it further I've concluded that we as a species are effectively like a dead man walking. Mortally wounded but facing a long drawn out death.
    There is no clean up, these chemicals are toxic and persistent........and we're thoughtlessly pumping more and more of them into our environment each day.
    It's already happened (before I was even born) and we missed it.

Keith H. likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    he wont be coming back;)

Keith H. likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a human is the only animal that fouls where it lives.

37. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Texdanm,

I use the Kardashians to illustrate much of what is wrong with America today.

The Kardashians are used/misused to illustrate Americans in their "High Maintenance Glory." Ignorant and proud of it.

Nothing to offer a man or anyone else but their high maintenance ways and boredom.

The Kardashians are todays textbook example of America in it's idleness, and glory in it's ignorance.

The Kardashians are "Amuse.......Amusement.."

A - Without

Muse - Thinking.

Without thinking...amuse....amusement.

Something fed to us to prevent thinking.,

This is what I am often describing in facetiousness as a television and movie education....and the frightening thing is that these people are voters...voting with their television and movie cultivated emotions.

In short...a bunch of androids..robots..automotons.

AI...artificial intelligence is already here....it does not have to be manufactured...it already has been manufactured....and infected into many....by the act of preventing thinking.

In this manner....television and movies can become a powerful drug to many and most are not aware of it.

And the Kardashians are the latest devolution of this template.....de....evolution. Ishmaelites.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

38. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Shhhhhhhhhhh!! Mums the word!!!

Don't tell anyone Ystranc...but I am getting ready to handle a whole bunch of uranium fuel cells....a whole whole bunch.

Gives you the warm fuzzies doesn't it??? It's been happening since before I was born too!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

koolhandlinc and Ystranc like this.
  39. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Lonewolf,

Not quite..but I gotta run....catch up with the boards later.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

40. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree, but this could be turned around if there were a majority of people who actually cared. Same with Global Warming, we are close to the point on no return, very close, approx 30 years by my reckoning. This is only to stabilize, not to turn the clock back. If we miss this chance, if we fail to stir the populace, then my grandchildren are going to burn! 30 years is not very long!
    SEE THE POST IN THE CLIMATE CHANGE FORUM WITH CHART.
    Keith.

41. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that what people like us are seeing is a sort of slow motion avalanche. We see patterns that others don't see and those patterns started in the late 40s. At first it was a gradual deterioration of the roots of our culture. As the time passed that deterioration sped up until now we seem to be rushing towards some sort of end. The roots of the western culture were Family, Honor and Education. What we have now in a near majority of families is hardly even a distant friendship. Most people these days don't have time to even raise their kids. Honor has gone down the hole and been replaced in most cases by equality. We now have allowed the public schools to lower their standards so that everybody can succeed. There is NEVER much emphasis on excellence in knowledge. The big emphasis is mostly on playing with a ball of some sort.

At its worst here, a High school Diploma became nothing more than an attendance certificate. You had kids graduating that couldn't read above a 2nd or 3rd grade level! People finally got a little upset and now you have to pass a 9th grade equivalency test to get your diploma. WHAT???? Yes they still refuse to actually educate the kids past a minimal point because the 9th grade equivalency is based on what a student that was barely passing could do so even that isn't really more than an average 8th grade student might pass. Kids can still get a High school diploma without getting a High school education. The idea of equality is based on everyone being equally uneducated!

Honor HAD to be thrown out. When I was a kid it was pounded into me that my word was my bond and that I ALWAYS kept my word. Stealing was not just wrong or illegal, it was dishonorable as was lying, picking on kids that were smaller then me and a man NEVER struck a woman. Women were taught that a woman always had the right to change her mind and unfortunately many minorities saw the wrong in nearly anything was in getting caught. Rather than try to change others honor became a discriminatory activity and had to go.

A big part of a Family is the bond and covenant between two people to live together and care for each other. Marriage was not entered into frivolously and divorce was seen as a very sad and terrible thing. We had courting rituals and rules that had been developed over centuries. Women were protected from the male reproductive drive and early encounters were always chaperoned. This was important because for a girl to get pregnant out of wedlock was seen as a tragic misfortune not only for the girl but also for the child. Bastard children had very few rights and often were treated like little more than hired help or property. Now, most marriages end in divorce. Lots of kids never even have a father. Men and women go into and out of relationships like square dancers doing a dosey doe.

Without and educated stable middle class we will devolve into the old high low type of culture where a few have everything and the rest have nearly nothing. The stable middle class can not exist with out honor and true family bonds. The high low type of culture is inevitably chaos as the high are regularly pulled down and replaced with new high people that then change everything to suit their desires. We are approaching that state and it will come onto us like a tsunami when it arrives. As the rich get richer and richer there is just less out there for the rest to share. We now have trillionaires and they are reaching that level by robbing from the middle class. Every time one of them closes a factory in a western nation and moves it to a third world nation where they can pay almost nothing they add to their wealth an send more poverty to the people that originally made them wealthy.

NOTE that they can shut down a factory where people made a good living in a safe place and have retirement and health benefits then move it to where the people are paid slave wages in rat hole working conditions and no benefits BUT the price of their product stays the same or even goes UP! This is what you get when honor means you are a FOOL and it is looked down upon. All that matters to most people now is getting more for them with no concern about the future or the consequences of their actions on their kids and grand-kids. That is what you get when family doesn't matter anymore.

42. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Couldn't agree more, education is a little different here but otherwise we are much the same.
    Keith.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  43. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Beg to differ Keith but there is no turning back concerning the chemicals...that ship has already sailed. Flourine compounds in the food chain and river waters are forever. They come from the production and use of a product called Teflon, it is ubiquitous in our modern lives. It's in our kitchens, soft furnishings, household cleaning products and even our children's clothing. It makes these products impossible to dispose of or recycle without distributing persistant chemical pollutants that will outlast the longest lived nuclear reactor waste.

koolhandlinc and Keith H. like this.
  44. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Florine has always been everywhere. It is the thirteenth most common element that is naturally occurring in the Earths crust. It is also the most reactive element on the periodic table and that is why, though it is a very common element, it is very rare in its pure form. While Florine in a pure state is deadly in a fluoride it is mostly harmless. Many elements are like this. Chlorine is deadly!! Chlorine gas will burn your lungs up and it was banned after WW1. Oh my god it is every where!! That is because of the massive environmental pollution called Sodium Chloride...common salt.

Keith H. likes this.
  45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    re: What will cause SHTF?

Compare the West today to the end of the Roman Empire.

The speed of the river's current is getting faster and faster. We are approaching a waterfall or we are approaching rocky rapids. This boat is not going to survive in either scenario.

Keith H. likes this.
  46. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I wonder OG if certain government officials, corporate heads & other corrupt environmental offenders have plans in place for their survival, underground living etc. Scientists are saying we have about 12 years before the shtf Global Warming wise, I roughly estimate it to be about 30 or so years going by the latest chart. That does not give us a lot of time. My grandchildren are going to burn, & the majority don't give a damn!
    Keith.
    be94afcbaa422d66258f4bfd5ba0269c.jpeg

47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith H. likes this.
  48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I clearly remember 40+ years ago scientists telling us that we had a decade, 20 years max, to live. After that, we'd all be in an apocalypse of starvation and rampant cancer.

We ARE standing here pre-war, pre-earth-events, pre-whatever. We humans are buffeted by the tides of fortune and misfortune -- to include the extremes of each. Oscillations, sinusoidal waves, doldrums and gales. The bride rejoices and the widow wails.

49. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeppers, I've lived through the Ice Ages that were going to end the world, two fibula winters, the end of life as we know it from droughts. the end due to the hole in the ozone layer, California has been going to slide off into the Pacific off and on all my life... I've decided that people like to have something big to worry about so they don't have to pay attention to what is really happening around them. I know that the governments encourage it.

It is like all the things that they think are DEADLY now that all us old farts did all the time when we were little kids. Peanut-butter and jelly was a staple, peanut patties and caramel and peanut popcorn balls were sold at school and now my Grandbaby can't even carry a peanut-butter sandwich to school.

50. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The obvious , educated, illuminated, enlightened way to solve global warning is to exterminate 4/5ths of the world's population....that ought to cure it.

And start with those people who don't give a damn.

Remember .....with Global Warming ....even the Constitution of the United States is of no effect.

Global Warming overcomes all of this...rights business.

You have a higher duty and obligation to be properly "Herded" and be made , coerced, forced, bullied into giving a damn...even if it means someone will be holding you and yours hostage and in bondage to pay for it..
    Just like someone is doing to the French today...In all their riots ....because of fuel taxes....
    What they are really protesting in the fuel taxes....is the Carbon Tax.....is that it has driven the average Frenchman over the edge.

Someone is holding the French into economic hostage and bondage to support this Fuel Carbon Tax....with no end in sight.

This is what the French Leadership has done in being a signatory...to the Paris Accords.

Glad Trump and Company chose for now to get out of it.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite