What would you buy first?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by branchd77, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Dude, phones will be the first thing to go in any sort of emergency situation. During the last big hurricane you couldn't get through. It was actually down for most of a day because everybody and their dog was on the phones trying to check on their friends. Just FYI even when the signal is weak and you can't make a call you can generally get a text to go through.

The first thing to buy is a good knife or two. I like to have a bigger folder and a sheath knife. Then you will need something to carry your stuff in. Water containers and a purifier, a pot, bedroll a tarp and a bunch of ways to make fire. You actually don't have to spend a lot. There are a lot of VERY good knives out there for under 30 dollars. I am pretty fond of an old hickory butcher knife that me Dad used for years. Start with basics then add the important stuff as you go along. The IMPORTANT STUFF is knowledge and experience more than fancy or expensive tools.

2. Inqogn1to

Inqogn1to New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Sweden is mainly forests and lakes, so fishing line and hooks, a big robust knife and a cheap camp stove from the surplus company store. In winter time it gets pretty cold up here, so would get me thermal socks and a pair of robust boots from the salvation army. Bigpack of lighters + matches. That would give me a start at least, before I resort to scavenging.