What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Gardening, Plant Propegation, & Farming' started by iamawriter, May 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    My friend paid a big sum and imported seeds of an exotic flower. She was a success. But she threw away surplus plants that she got from the seeds. She refused to share. She said that if she shared then the flower would no longer be exotic or rare.
    What would you do in those circumstances?

2. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I think the reasoning of your friend is very shallow, because her reasons don't sound reasonable, am very sorry to say that. The truth is that if I were to be in that circumstance, knowing what her thinking is like, I would just let her be, it's her money anyway.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds like "a fool and her money are soon parted".

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Seeds might be patented and she is not permitted to on sell or even propergate etc
    Selling/giving/even just throwing away without destroying may leave her open to legal action!
    or
    She could be a selfish bitch!

Many farmers are not permitted to sew seed from a patented crop and must buy new seed to sew every time!

iamawriter likes this.
  5. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    That doesn't make much sense: one or two more flowers shared with you or someone else wouldn't have made them less rare. I mean, it's not like anybody is going to start a business of exotic plants? Anyway there is not much you can do in this situation, the flowers are hers, she can whatever she wants... you can't really force someone to do something they don't want to.

iamawriter likes this.
  6. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    The latter seems more likely ;) She got a lot of joy when whoever visited got amazed at her rare collection. She perhaps wantedto have that position and therefore did not want to make that flower common.

7. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I think scarcity mindset among people can't be helped. They do it to feel exclusive. And in such case the best option you can do in such case is find out the exotic plants yourself and give it away. Not making it exclusive seems to be the only way to combat this sort of situation. I have seen people making gardens this way and then distributing the plants to others. That is one good way to solve this issue. Not many people will like you for this action but you end up helping future generations to avoid this sort of mindset.

8. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I found it odd too. Giving is a joy and not all are blessed with this quality. Sooner or later that exotic flower will no longer stay that way as if not this person someone else will propagate it.