What Zombie Type Is Most Likely?

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by Toast, Jun 16, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    What type of zombie would be most likely in a zombie apocalypse? The fast moving ones? The ones who move slow and steady? Do you think it's likely that they'd only be able to be killed through their brain? How do you think it would happen? Do you think it would be an airborne virus, or a bitten virus? Do you think it'd be possible to be immune?

I think obviously that fast moving zombies would be the most scary, but hopefully unlikely. There's so many different stories on the topic of zombies, that almost every aspect possible has been explored a little bit. We can only hope for the easiest scenario if it does come. (Slow moving, easily killed, easily cured, etc.)

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Zombies are just not possible! except in movies!
    A insane maniac is possible but they still need to be alive!
    So the usual rules apply!
    The middle east is suffering an outbreak of religious zombies now. take notes!

Prairie Dog likes this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    While I'm not entirely sure if a zombie apocalypse is truly possible due to the aspect of reanimating a dead body, I do think a disease that turns people into flesh-eating, ravenous, shambling monsters is possible. I mean, we already see it during Black Friday in America (or as Arkane noted about Egypt) lol. But in all honesty, I think some kind of airborne virus could cause a zombie-like response from an infected individual. In that case, I certainly hope there'd be a way to inoculate oneself from such a disease.

I too agree that fast moving zombies (like the ones in Resident Evil) are the most frightening. Not only are they hard to target, they're hard to kill.

Emajumixan@78 likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only "zombies" we will encounter will be the diseased and the addicted kinds.

5. Jea

Jea New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I agree, an airbone virus seems the most plausible. And if that did happen, I'm sure the infected individuals would be extremely scared and would therefore be hightailing it. I'm sure they'd be running around, screaming and trying to find help. But in their infected brain, help = attacking people and eating their body for health.

Also why do we always think zombies go for the brain only? I'd think they'd go for the heart or meaty thighs. They'd probably die quickly but repopulate even faster- like bugs.

If it is an airbone virus, we better start living underground or relocate to another planet.

6. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I think it's fair to not believe that zombies could happen, but this is more of a hypothetical situation. I'm talking about if a zombie apocalypse were to somehow, someway, happen, what type would be the most likely.

7. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    It's your fantasy! you choose!

Ystranc likes this.
  8. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    Countries like North Korea which are obsessed with creating super soldiers might get something wrong and zombies could be unleashed.

Even if it isn't zombies there might come a time when chimeras created by scientists in labs [all over the globe] may either get free or some mad scientists might let them free. Still . . . really bad news for everyone.

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    disease is disease, dosent make them zombies, they can still be killed like the rest of us.

John Snort likes this.
  10. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    zombie in the prepping world often refers to the mentality of the people who have not prepared for an SHFT situation where they do things that they would never have done in a pre SHFT world just to survive. The nice man across the street who hasn't eaten in a few days and knows you have food might contemplate coming over and killing you for a can of soup. These people are highly motivated and will do whatever it takes to get what they need. This is what you have to watch out for. This has been talked about by psychologists as the 9 meals till anarchy.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only zombies you need to worry about in a SHTF are the dying, the starving and the diseased.

12. Emajumixan@78

Emajumixan@78 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    It is possible to have a zombie apocalypse. I mean people have said that nothing is impossible but only mathematically improbable. But back to your question, I think it is hard to say which is which. Would the disease impare the victims neurological capabilities or not? And also what type disease did it mutate from, or did it juat pop up on its own?

Prairie Dog likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most, if not all, diseases have a disabling effect on the sufferer, its very unlikely anyone suffering from such effects will be capable of attacking anyone not in the same condition as them. there are lots of other stuff we need to worry about, zombies is not one of them.

14. Bushdoctor

Bushdoctor Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    Re-animating the dead is just fantasy but we already have mind and behaviour altering viral diseases, what about c.j.d. or rabies or viral encephalitis the list goes on. The problem with viruses is that they have a
    nasty habit of mutating even to the point of being able to cross over from animals to humans. The point is we just dont know so we should be prepared for anything.

15. Flying lead

Flying lead New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    We are in one now go to walmart you'll see

Prairie Dog likes this.
  16. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Removing the higher brain functions of mamals has been done in the lab, if weaponized and aerosoled I think it is possible. LoneWolf is right tho, while zombie like in brain function, that wouldn't be the only practical place to park bullets.
    Prairie Dog

17. The slow slinker

The slow slinker New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I agree with Praire dog

18. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Well in my opinion I would think they would most likely be the faster moving ones atleast untill a long period of time passes. The only reason I think this is because I believe the outbreak would begin with a vaccination it would be the easiest way to spread. I think the vaccine would probly have some crazy side effects like the speed and everything of the faster walkers

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we need to be watchful of the addicts, not just the druggies but the alcoholics too, these are the real zombies of SHTF, anyone with a "habit" to maintain(even cigarette smokers come into this class), once the supplies are gone and they can no longer maintain their intake of their personal drug then things could get nasty.

20. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I try not to live a television and movie life to where said television and movies control and regulate my fears and insecurities nor do I define my thoughts again by television and movies.

So many people out here do not realize that they have television and movie thoughts...television and movie fears and insecurities...someone else's thoughts, idea's, and emotions...not their own.

Someone has put so many people onto their puppet strings.

The Scary thing about all of this is that these people with television and movie thoughts are "Voters."

When I worked the Graveyard shift our week began on Sunday night at 11pm. As a result we would sometimes get to watch the day shift coming to work before their shift began at 7am on Monday morning.

Now there was a bunch of Zombies....coming off a hard weekend of drinking and play. You could look in their eyes and see dead people...not fully functional....running on automatic pilot.

Some of them were in such bad shape it took them until Wednesday to snap out of it. And by then it was going into the weekend again and a repetition of the previous week.

Want to see a Zombie....watch these people who have mostly a television and or a movie education ....in fear and insecurities and someone else is putting their fears and insecurities into them via television and movies. These people do not even have a clear thought of their own but are running on automatic pilot and someone else is steering for them ...and furthermore...they know it not. They are often like parrots ...parroting what they saw on television and movies.

As far as I am concerned...they do not even vote their own thoughts but someone else's thoughts and or vote.

Go ahead and ask some of these people a question requiring some deep thought ..and the ability to vocalize the same.
    Many of them will quote a television program or movie they have watched...not their own thoughts.

Now there is a Zombie...a robot...an automaton.

Shut the DVDs off and the television too.....and think about it. Don't let these machines do your thinking for you...your emoting too....and definitely do not let them control your vote.

These instruments will turn you into a machine...Zombie.....running a program...no thinking required

Now....make no mistake....religious indoctrination has the very same effect if you are not capable of thinking it through for yourself and questioning your teachers. Zombies.

This is true in any discipline.

If you think this is a joke...just watch the Snowflakes being turned out on our colleges like walking train wrecks but thinking they are the cats meow.
    Someone is teaching these kids a religion in public schools and colleges...and in its very extreme fruit it becomes Zombie like....clearly running a program. And it is designed to turn out Zombies...robots...automatons.
    Many of these college kids are approaching radicalism.....just like radical Islam.

Observe these antifa people for Zombies....running a program...robot like...

Be very careful what you think is a Zombie ...via a television and movie education.

My .02,
    Watcherchris

21. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The defining thing about a zombie isn't how fast or slow they move. It is their mindless hatred for anyone that isn't just as messed up as they are. Zombies are made by other zombies and in the end the only solution for them is to cut their heads off.

Think about liberals and what they do with the poor. Do they want to help them become working parts of our society. HELL NO!! They tell them how mistreated they are and make them hate anyone that is stupid enough to work. They encourage them to live like animals, have as many kids as possible that they pay no attention to, do drugs and work hard to drag down those that are paying the bills. A liberal is just a fresh zombie biting as many as possible until people decide to do something or all the regular people are wiped out... I think we all know what zombies are and those of us here know what in the end will have to happen...

22. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    o_O If you define zombies as people who don't think for themselves or a group of people who are a danger to you because of a mob mentality then I agree that they exist, however the shuffling flesh eating movie zombies don't really exist...
    ...I think it would be much better to be attacked by non existent zombies because by definition it wouldn't hurt and they aren't very scary.:rolleyes:

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only "zombies" that will exist in real life are the DISEASED and DYING and the addicted to one substance or another in a SHTF event.
    the zombies of Hollywood only exist in some film directors fevered imagination and can be ignored.

24. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm afraid we have plenty of "Zombies " out here. Plenty!!!

We see them showing up on boards like this exhibiting their television and movie education.....television and movie thinking...television and movie fears and emotions.

Now this by John Snort is interesting.

All nations with any monies and technologies are working on "Super Soldiers."

The question to be asked is what is the level of sanity of the leadership of these nations and in particular the leadership of our nation?? Think very long and hard on this question...the character of the leadership of our nation.

Now as t o chimera John Snort...now you are definitely thinking outside the box...well done.

From Merriam Webster...

" Chimera.....
    3 : an individual, organ, or part consisting of tissues of diverse genetic constitution

• A hybrid created through fusion of a sperm and an egg from different species is a chimera."

Between chimeras and Super Soldiers..I have known that our own government has been funding these experiments for over 30 years....mostly in private exclusively secured operations. Think DARPA here. And it is frightening....to even many scientists.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2003/01/13/monsters-inc-the-pentagon-s-plan-to-create-super-warriors/

Back to this Zombie thread.

Yes....Zombies are scary....particularly when you see them posting this kind of stuff on threads like this one and realize that many of them are "Voters" who have trouble telling reality from fantasy....
    You realize that they have in some ways crossed the line between reality and fantasy and want their fantasy to hold sway here in reality.

I am going to be pulling an all nighter tonight in receiving some materials which have been sitting on top of a nuclear reactor...for many many years now. It is highly radiated and highly contaminated.
    When you do this ....you need to have your head on straight and at times on a swivel.....aware of your surroundings.

And so too the people working with you. No lightweights need apply.
    No people living in fantasy land need apply...they don't last and we don't want them with us and will weed them out and quickly. No two legged wildlife need apply.

And I don't change my thinking because I come home and put my hardhat in my locker.

When one has put one's backside on the line for one's monies...and many times...movies and television no longer scare or intimidate you.
    This does not make us better than others...most certainly....only different.

Some of us know the difference in reality and fantasy....and live this every day.
    We don't have much use for people with mostly a television and movie education...and are not beyond letting them know and quickly.

Zombies will not cut it with us...nor will predators...two legged or four legged.

To me one of the worst kind of Zombie is the one with a television and movie education and does not know it.
    A robot...an automaton....running a program...and it is not even their own program. Not even their own thoughts...not even their own emotions..but someone else's stuff planted and transplanted into them...and they haven't a clue.
    You can often spot them when they show up on boards like this one.

To me ...the people I admire and respect...are the ones who can think outside of the box....even the television and movie box...and act accordingly and with this knowledge and thinking.

To these people......I salute you.

My .02,
    Watcherchris.

25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The nazies actually did create super soldiers that in the end became pretty similar to Zombies. They were giving their troops and pilots crystal meth to allow for longer periods of activity. This was massively addictive and very quickly detrimental to the addicts mental state. A meth addict will cut his mother's finger off to take her wedding ring to get money for their drugs!!! I have seen what drug addiction can do and believe me, movie Zombies are pretty nice folks compared to these people.

Meth and crack addicts seem to lose their ability to experience empathy. Eventually they seem to almost become willfully evil and will do harm needlessly. Some of the most horrendous killers in recent years have been adicts. Normal people that were raised in good Christian homes don't tie people up while robbing them and then before they leaver take a pick ax to them while giggling! The woman that did this was executed in Texas a few yeas ago. The sad thing to me was that the person that they executed , once freed from her addiction, returned to being the person she was before. My wife saw a lot of this sort of thing in her 25 years working in Texas prisons. The prisons are full of people that are in general very nice folks that come from good backgrounds that did horrific things while addicted.

I can imagine the possibility of an illness that could cause symptoms similar to this and the results would be a lot like a horror movie. The idea that people have any sort of instinctive kindness is false. It is mostly a taught thing that is culturally based. In places and times past or even in the world today "good" people actively enjoyed doing and viewing horrific things. Worldwide executions, where allowed to be publicly viewed, are considered to be great entertainment for the masses. One of the things that seems to be mostly a human trait is cruelty.

Anything that frees people from their culturally imposed restrictions seems to free this trait. I suspect that the end of the world as we know it will pretty much free this monster. If you look at the things done during riots or war you will see this sort of thing. I suspect that there will be a period after the "fall" that this sort of behavior will be almost the norm. We as survivors will have to resist this sort of influence. I suspect that there is a "zombie" inside all of us. We resist it because we value our place in our culture. If there were no penalties it suddenly will become harder to resist the base desires of our less humane natures.

26. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow Texdanm,

I myself do not show empathy as do most of the people I know. Up to a point I cannot afford it and have learned to cut it off and or turn it on when needed. I do not like for people to try to stroke my empathy ...particularly politicians or media. I become very wary when I detect this kind of puppet string.

For some of the work I have done empathy is a luxury...verses the disciplines I need to do certain tasks safely and complete them.

I also know that our own government has experimented with various combinations of drugs in their quest for "Super Soldiers" and also various electro mechanical augmentation. The Nazi's had no monopoly on this. Even the Soviets have experimented in this field...the Israelis too.

I have very little interest I the field of drugs ....though I suspect certain aspects of it might be politically and socially enlightening.

I am more concerned with questions such as..

Is there enough money in drugs to buy a Supreme Court Judge, a US Senator, Congressman....President??

I am also well aware that television, movies , and this computer can be a drug to many.

I've seen children who have never been instructed any differently eating in front of the television, getting dressed in front of the television, doing homework in front of the television...etc etc et al.

That is also when I know they have a drug problem. A television and movie drug problem....though they have broken no laws.

I see this in adults when you ask them a question requiring deep thought..and they reply with a movie or television program they have watched. You find that most of their frame of reference is artificial....television and movies.

As I stated...the Zombie like frightening thing is that these people are "Voters."

They have been programmed to vote, think, and react a certain way...because they saw it on television or in the movies.

We seldom think that television and or movies can be a drug by which people's consciousness can be altered...their feelings and emotions preyed upon...by predators.

And are they not starting the children young on drugs to alter their behaviors today????

Wow Texdanm.......from whence did this come???

Did we not have this conversation previous when I stated that people were basically bad in their basic natures...that you have to teach them to do good. Doing bad comes naturally to most people. You have to teach young people to do good and right......you don't have to teach them to do bad.

I believe you are correct here...Texdanm.

My mother and father survived WW2....my father as part of the occupation forces and my mother as a German Citizen.
    They both tell me horror stories about what happened in those perilous and severe economic post war times.

Yet in all of this they also tell me stories of great Humanity. ....of kindness...of generousity.

My father flew the Berlin Airlift into Templehof Airfield and spoke of this dropping of chocolate bars to the German people and children from the airplanes as they landed or took off. My father flew into many airports and fields of Europe and Africa after the war...as a flight engineer on a transport...for the Air Force.

Also they spoke of trading on the black market when the money was no good...and or there was little to buy as things got back on their feet.

This too taught me how many Americans have no clue how good we have it in this world as compared to most nations.

Watching the time here..
    Gotta run...
    Catch up with the board later,
    Watcherchris.

27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Empathy...Do you not feel sadness when you see a child suffer needlessly? Could you kill a child for no good reason without feeling? When those you know suffer is it meaningless to you and do you not know the feeling of love?

I think that you have mistaken empathy for a weakness. It is not as long as you temper it with justice, honor and thought. If someone breaks into my house while I am here I will kill them. No attempt to take them into custody and hold them for police. No effort to shoot them in the leg or arm. I won't even allow them to escape and run away. I will kill them.

I may regret that it was necessary. I will feel sorry for their loved ones loss. I have not given up my humanity to the point where I am without feelings. I have just made the decision that evil must be stopped and our government isn't interested in doing it. Those that would rob our homes, kill our children and sell drugs to them need to die. If I kill that one I am also killing all of the worthless children that he would have spawned. Evil is going to win in America if for no other reason than they are simply our breeding the good. We have a guy on death row here in Texas that is a multekiller. he will die but his 26 bastard children that we are supporting will carry on for him. He should have been castrated when he commited his first felony. But his rights were sooo much more important than the rights of those he killed and the many that his children will kill.

Empathy...I will feel sorry for them even as I kill them. When the world goes to crap the evil will doe or the good will die. Empathy though is all that will keep the good from becoming the evil! When you stop caring you will be as evil as the worst because without that you will kill for pleasure. Humans have to FEEL and when they don't they will seek out ways to make them feel. This is the seed that most often created and gives birth to serial killers.

28. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Texdanm,

You posted..

and I posted..before your reply...

This is also why I am very wary of the talk show format on television. I do not like those programs because all they are is an emotional circle jerk....for emotional drama queens and emotional voyeurs.

Be very careful how you propose empathy ...because this latest round of gun control is based on peoples overly developed sense of empathy....that the settings on their empathy dial.....are more important than the rights of other Americans.

That we can justify anything or any removing property from others ...because of empathy.

And while some two legged wildlife is assaulting your home or family....and you are unarmed....where will be these peoples sense of empathy for you and your family???

I can figure that out....for myself...no experts needed here.

People are very strange creatures Texdanm.....and they are not beyond taking advantage of ones empathy to get something for nothing....and thus lower their risks and vulnerabilities while raising the risks and vulnerabilities of others for whom they take advantage.

And Politics is just like that. Which is why I often call it "whoredom." The buying , selling and or trading of the souls of others for political power and control.

When you have a nation....raised on empathy...via...indoctrination by programs like Phil Donahue and whatever evolved out of that ...Dr. PHil...et al.....they begin to think their empathy settings are more important than the charter of our government. They become that stupid and will only recognize this when it is too late to go back to what was before.

As I said and often......these people are todays voters.

I do not automatically owe others empathy.....that is my private property. I do not need to go along with the herd. .. if I so choose.

Now this woman apartment manager I am seeing....she taught me something important about thinking and empathy.
    We were standing in line at the check out stand and there was a woman in front of us with three children...one of them a toddler in diapers.

This woman was talking on her cell phone while two of her other children were running amok and going through the merchandize on both sides of the check out stands...fighting and making a general pestilence out of themselves.

Now what this woman taught me and for which I would not on my own...recognize...is that this mother with unparented children. on her cell phone....had a filthy diaper bag.

She has time to talk on her cell phone....not parent her children...and her diaper bag is filthy.

I would not on my own have noted this about this woman in front of us.

Where was her empathy compared to her convenience??? Even for her Unparented children run amok in the store???

Now this woman apartment manager taught me something important and for which I have not since those days forgotten.

Remember ...these people are voters. What they are to me is....."High Maintenance."
    How much do these children lack while their mother talks on her cell phone???

Now this same woman who taught me to see this bigger world....around me....was also part of a foster Care program and would take in Foster children temporarily while more permanent arrangements were finalized.

She explained to me some of the unusual behaviors of Foster Children which are a bit different from Parented children who have experienced more stability in their lives.

I took one of these foster temporary placement children to the grocery store when visiting this woman...and got some additional things for the evening meal.
    This girl was about 11 or 12 years olde. She was so excited and elated to have some positive attention ...even a trip to the store....that she climbed into the shopping cart...under it...and hung off the side in her glee. I told her to grab herself a candy bar to enjoy on the trip back to the house. She could not contain herself.

I was just not prepared for this kind of reaction from a child...but it did bring home much of what this woman was trying to tell me about children in the foster care program and these children's fears and insecurities. That they are desperate or emotionally hungry for some kind of positive attention from an adult. How empty some parts of their lives truly are.

I am not totally unempathetic....but I am very guarded about my emotions...and someone trying to herd me by my emotions. I am also very aware of how manipulative people can be ...at any age.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris