What's The One Thing You Absolutely Can't Have In Case Of An Emergency?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by OursIsTheFury, May 30, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Imagine there's a storm, earthquake, fire, etc; what item must be with you at all times to ensure you are able to survive? For me, it's gotta be my mobile phone. Phones nowadays have insane battery lives, some even up to 30 days for one full charge. I think that communication is the key to surviving as it lets other people know your exact location, as well as being able to have a sufficient source of light and sound.

What about you guys?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    What's The One Thing You Absolutely Can't Have In Case Of An Emergency? "Can't Have" or Can't Be Without? I suggest you edit the title.
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    the one thing I am never without is my lock knife, it goes everywhere with me.

4. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    I’m never without my knife.

Cell phone won’t work with no power or if cell towers aren’t in range or knocked out.

lonewolf likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Master Survivalist
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Like what others have said, I always keep a knife on me. When I was a little boy, 6 or 7 yrs old and from there on out, I always kept a knife and a cigarette lighter on me. I remember having chemical burns on the front of my leg from the lighter fluid leaking, the naphtha. Lately I carry a custom folding knife, fits my hand perfectly. I paid too much for it, yet like I just said, it is as if it were designed especially for my hand.

Next circle: paracord, hurricane matches, knife.

Next circle: my SUV large tool box; lots of tools, plus on and on, I'm too tired to begin listing such. I have a little pantry of canned goods at my work office.

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I always have a knife; that is just a given. I also always have a flashlight (Actually 2) and a lighter. Then there is my multi tool. If I have on pants these items are given I not only never leave home without them, I don't go outside without them. There is also a little ferro rod on my key ring, a p-38 can opener and a small medicine vial.

If I was limited to one thing it would probably be my Victorinox Trekker. This is a pretty large knife worn in a pouch on the belt. The knife blade locks open and it is very sharp and good for most quick light chores.
    dfe982da817d94505c435c03a4d2451c.jpeg

The one thing that I can't and won't have is a lazy whiny person expecting me to provide for them.

7. perkin steel

perkin steel Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    A calm mind is also a must have.

9. arctic bill

arctic bill Expert Member
      123/115

Blog Posts:
    to have my wits about me .

10. paul m

paul m Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    In line with everyone else, it has to be my Swiss Army ‘Hunter’.