What's Your Favorite Game?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Sino, May 15, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    There are literally thousands of survival games out there on many different platforms, even some aren't that great of games or really old, but anyway what's your favorite game survival game and why?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have no interest in those sorts of games. I might be interested in a board game if a good one was available, but I have not pursued that.
    Keith.

3. hpro hamed

hpro hamed New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I like zombie anarchy that's a very good game and you can play it on android and iOS but the good things about this game are :
    1- it is a strategic game and when you play a strategic game and zombies are attacking you you should be very fast and being fast in strategic games are a good challenge
    2- so many characters you can play with so many characters and it make game so fun
    3- the game play is so smooth and I can't resist to not playing it every day just try it it's fun...

4. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    My favorite game would most likely have to be the Call of Duty series. I say this because the game barely requires any need for skills (from my perspective) in order to play it. Also, every time I play it I always seem to enjoy myself, unlike the other games which can easily bore me after five days. I love how the creator of the games always try to add new modes such as zombies, aliens, and survival to further increase the game mode you can play. The community of the game is very massive and you could start a clan the first day you start playing any one of their series. This game truly is a fun one and I would recommend it to anyone out there :D.

5. Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Rhomhie Morelh Campo New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    My favorite game is, AQW or Adventure Quest Worlds because you can do a lot of things playing AQW, but handling an account isn't that easy you must build it up for years to have a superior and strong account, it requires much more effort than you could think of, as I started playing the game back in 2009 it still lack's a lot of stuff because due to the fact that it is still on Beta version of the game, until time goes by, I started playing again in 2015 I witnessed a major and massive difference on the game that is why until today i still kept in playing it because it is my passion.

6. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Shadow fight 2 and 3 are the bomb. Great graphics, captivating storyline and and easy to control.

7. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    The game i have most of my interest on is the Rome 2 total war game with it many features, it is actually a strategic game and not just nay game for anyone to play. It a game that involves experience decision on the movement or administration of the state and the Army.

8. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    That's actually my favorite one as well! I don't really often play games but I have played this one a while ago. I really enjoyed it and was blown away by the art style that it's drawn in. I loved the survival aspect of the game because it was fairly realistic in some aspects such as: having enough food, being careful what you eat, making sure you make a fire before the nightfall, trying to build up a base and protect yourself from the wild creatures and so on. It is an amazing game for sure. I'd love it if they'd make more of them.

luispas likes this.
  9. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    If Fallout 4 is considered to be a survival game then yes. It is the only game I have played wherein I am trying to survive and kill monsters and other things.
    I stopped playing it when I had this huge armor suit and I did not know how to recharge the battery or the core. So I eventually stopped.

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not a gamer, I have little interest in such things.

11. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Even though the survival (finding food and water) itself isn't the biggest focus of the game I love how the game puts you in a position where you're hunted and have to survive. Also how Jason transform himself during the game is something fantastic. So yeah Far Cry 3 would be my pick. At the end of the day, our greatest enemy is ourselves.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    games do not a survivalist make.

13. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    It is the problem of my generation. While I do enjoy a good video game, we grew up locked inside, living in a virtual reality instead of experiencing the real world. Instead of running, shouting, fighting, tree climbing our way into the world like the past generations we did all that virtually. No wonder real men are a scarce resource nowadays.

14. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    That is true, Master Yoda, but I doubt anyone with even a lick of sanity believes that playing a survival video game gains you any sort of real-world skill. Were that true, every 12 year old playing Call of Duty would be a hardened combatant, worthy of the world's top special forces.

That being said, it's a form of entertainment, no different than watching television or reading novels. And as the saying goes, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Within healthy limits, video games are fine for those who enjoy them.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had a friend who was a gamer, I found the games boring and the graphics pathetic.
    i'm a survivalist-first and foremost, my time is spent on improving me and my families chance of survival when the big one arrives, and i'm not the only one here who thinks like that.
    many people on prepper forums are only "here for the crack" as we say over here.
    this is a survival forum, nothing more nothing less, there are gaming forums out there if that is your interest.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  16. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Fable the lost of chapter without any doubt, i know, Peter Molyneux is a smoke seller, but still is a great game to play and just distract for a few hours also skyrim is one of my favorite games, a big and hostile map with a lot of hostiles creatures, a great lore and history ready to be told, i like that kind of games.

17. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I love to play simple mind games. I found a very simple yet addictive one on the Google play store, called colour switch. It a very captivating game.

18. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
  19. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    All work and no play makes jack a dull boy....having said that I can't help thinking that these games like "call of duty" are just a way of wasting your time....I'm not judging but my point is that we plan in order to survive longer, why waste what time we have?

20. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't play games. My dad used to repair electromechanical gaming machines (gambling equip), then get me to test these to make sure he'd fixed them -- this when I was in grammar school; pre-teen I was counting money in gambling houses. Therefore games are not games to me -- they are money-makers ... or not. People losing money to my dad put food on our table & paid the electric bills. When my dad and I shot pool together, it was not just a game, it was struggle, at least for me. Somebody like a Willie Mosconi could have out-shot my dad any day, but not many others. The other men in my dad's family were as good with a gun as my dad was with a pool cue.

In my youth, where "games" were played, were also places where men got their skulls cracked, or got shot or stabbed -- and we're not talking pretend, boys and girls.

21. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    The military trains soldiers with combat simulators, which is pretty much what many of these games are.

They can make you think about tactics and strategies.
    It's no more a "waste of time" than many internet forums. ;)

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Chess offers you a way of looking at strategy and is an interesting game. For a pure survival game I have a card game that is sort of like a trivial pursuit game with all the trivia based on survival type topics. The cards offer a lot of good fast information.

23. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would be
    I would be interested in a card game like you describe. Name and seller please.

Ystranc likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    even being in the military dosent make someone a survivalist, a solder goes on patrol or even fights in a battle but at some point that all comes to an end, a survivalist prepares for a situation which is permanent and has no limit, no amount of gaming can prepare one for that, but knowledge and real life skills can.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, a lot of these forums are just as much of a waste of time as gaming but there are a few wise men on this particular forum that I have learned things from or they've inspired me to seek out more information and hone my skills...these simple skills could save my life or the lives of others...like I said, I'm not judging others but my time is precious to me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've watched Mosconi shoot. Was right up near the table. Only about ten men in the room. Man was almost supernatural even though he was getting on in years.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    My favorite game is mulies or whitetail, although I have taken chukar and pheasant on occasion.

28. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Tomahawk throwing. Good sport, fun, good practice for hunting & defence.

Keith.

29. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm, TMT Tactical and all

For sheltering in place, I have - and use - a deck of cards ... not for poker, canister, or "52-pickup".

The same size as a deck of cards, the box label is titled:

SURVIVAL CARDS - For South East Asia ; GTA 21-7-1, 1 Apr. 1968, Headquarters, Department of the Army, US GOvernment Printing Office (can't read fine print for now).

One example: side 1 is narrative: "FISH (including Sharks, Rays and Eels), ... Most are edible...Some poisonous .. or have dangerous spines, principally:
    Puffer (Globe Fish): toxic even after cooking. Porcupine Fish: poisonous at times, Boxfish (Trunkfish): poisonous, especially when large. Other side of laminated card or next one in box has clear color pictures.

MY EDITORIAL COMMENT: Consider "poisonous at times" to translate to: ALWAYS as per the perspective of a survivalist.

Sidebar; during evacuations, I host a game of "geography". What's the capital of:
    The Netherlands:
    Switzerland:
    Moldova:
    Brunei:
    Lester Timor:
    Nigeria:
    R.S. Africa:
    Yeman:
    India:

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have no time or inclination for games. survival is no game.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  32. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lone Wolf,

Addressing "Cabin Fever" is a component of survival.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    maybe some people get that affliction but not yours truly.
    I find games boring.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    L.W.,

I understand.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    besides, if your talking post SHTF which I assume you are, there are lots of jobs that will need doing indoors to keep ones mind off boredom, mending tools, sharpening knives, mending clothing, etc.etc.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To each their own. I was raised in a place and family that played cards, dominos and board games. I consider a deck of cards and 6 dice and a book a part of every survival kit. When things go down there are going to be a lot of hours when your best bet for survival is to hunker down and not be seen. On cold wet winter days, you need to stay in and stay dry. Without doctors and drugs, pneumonia will once again be a major killer. Unfortunately, many of the old-time time wasters are not going to be available. Knitting and crochet require things that for a while very few people will have access to. If you are going to be inside you need things to keep your mind occupied. THAT is the real purpose of games.

People used to get together and play all sorts of word games. They even just got together and talked. Often in my Grandparents house, one would read while the rest did various crafts and arts. Time can lay heavy on you. those of you in the north have winter nights that are many hours longer than you can sleep. In the end, people that just sit and stare at a fire lost touch with the real world. Cabin fever can be a killer.

Games, Music, hobbies, crafts and just talking become as important as food and water. Mental health is just as important as physical health and in a post-apocalyptic world where everyone has lost some of their friends and family, it will be easy to slip away...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    For the older folks, the board game Battleship, which morphed into an electronic version, has a new off shoot (could not resist) that is for the shooting range. Each naval ship has very small bulls-eyes and your shot must hit the tiny bulls-eye to sink a ship. The shooters take turns and the first shooter to sink all of the other shooters ships win. My son and I are going to do a "Battleship" contest on my next visit. Improves shooting skill and builds a bit on the competitive spirit. Rifle Battleship, I think I am going to win. Pistol battleship, may be a different story. Son just scored 285 out of 300 with his pistol.

I do think that during post SHTF, folks are going to b awful busy, morning, noon and night, just trying to stay alive at first. Those that manage to last into the rebuilding phase may need some distraction but I think it will more inline with survivor or income type hobbies.

Ystranc and Morgan101 like this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do agree that, especially during the hunker down period, people will have to keep themselves occupied, but I don't think cards or board games are the answer, not for me anyway, I shall be doing stuff that adds to my chance of surviving, which with all respect games do not do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would agree that a deck of cards or two would be a valuable addition to the BOB. There a tons of games you can play many with multiple players, so you can occupy the entire group if needed. Use your imagination (what a concept) make up your own games.

To strictly answer the question in the OP, I like games where knowledge is required. Trivial Pursuit would be one. Success doesn't rely on the flip of a card or roll of the dice. You must have knowledge to succeed.

40. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I always believed that card games can help in a survival situation. Look at it this way:

You're lost, there's no sun or stars to guide you, your compass is back home, and you're out of GPS range. So you hunker down, light a fire and start laying out a hand of Solitaire. No worries: with ten minutes, someone will come along, look over your shoulder and tell you to play the ten on the jack!

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  41. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:

Duncan: That is perfect. :D You are ssssooooo right!!

42. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Chess is the ultimate survival game, you can only win or die.

43. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Duke in Wales,

Believe chess has faded from the scene. The replacement is mah jong.

The world and its civilizations have changed.

Ref: "Decline of the West", Oswald Spengler, 1918.

44. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Chess is a game of attrition --- lose fewer pieces than your opponent. Go is a game designed to capture more area of the board, while losing fewer pieces.

45. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Kim's Game! It is a game that is taught to snipers in the military to increase situational awareness.

This video expounds on how and why it works (beginning at the 3:07 mark). The first part up to the 3:07 point in the video shows how the actual game is played.

46. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    not a survival game but played at nearly every hunting camp is a game called cribbage. Games are not for me, I'll carve a axe handle or some such.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  47. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It really isn't a game but I have always been big on "What IF". I did this with the kids about all sorts of things. They would offer their answers and then we would go over them and see if there were improvements to be made. To some extent that is the game that we are playing here in a lot of threads. Because we are such a varied group from all over the world I have got to learn how to see things from angles that wouldn't normally have applied to me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    My favorite game is moose followed by caribou.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think Caribou would like that. LOL

50. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't even want to THINK about having to haul a moose or an elk out of the woods!! I like my little white tail deer. Kill them, gut them, then pick them up and go home.

TMT Tactical likes this.