What's Your Greatest Achievement In Life So Far?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by airfightermax, Jul 19, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Even though we make mistakes, there are moments where we do the right thing.

What is something you have done that you are most proud of?

The Innkeeper likes this.
  2. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Been there for my people when they needed me and helping those who couldn't help themselves. Those are the things that keep me moving every blessed day, and are the greatest achievements of my life.
    They are what I will ever leave to remember

The Innkeeper and GREGORY Brooks like this.
  3. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I like this thread that I'm just smiling just while writing this answer ... :)
    My greatest Achievements actually I put it in plural beacause I think it's an endless list but I want to be brief and will state few of them my first achievement so far is My current job I always wanted to own a business and be the boss of myself and I made it:) Plus all the steps I made since when I left my uncles' house without anything at all :) Now I feel very proud of myself that I was able to make it till now And that now I'm on a long Journey to make all my dreams come true :)

4. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    You are a very good person :D Not a lot of people like you are left in this world anymore. Thank you for being selfless and always out helping others in need :)

I am sure that is how you will be remembered once you leave this world :)

The Innkeeper and GREGORY Brooks like this.
  5. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I am doing it for the betterment of this world, if all of us can be there for our loved ones, this world can be a better place.

6. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I am so happy for you :) Starting out without anything and ending up having your own business is difficult to achieve! I am really proud of you even if I do not know you because that is something not everyone can do.

It is still a long journey for all of us but I am pretty sure you have it all figured out :)

Good luck to you!

7. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I guess my greatest achievement so far is the lessons I learned and the experience I gathered. I don't have much to show for when it comes to material goods nor education but I learned quite a great deal of life and from the people I interacted with.

The Innkeeper and Keith H. like this.
  8. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Am very proud of a lot of some decisions I have taken in the past. One of such is my decision to acquire web designing skills. This really opened a lot of financial doors to me, and have so far help me to take care of those that look up to me.

It wasn't convenient for me but am glad I took the decision.

9. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    At least you took the initiative to learn! That is a really difficult thing to do!

You took the plunge in learning something you aren't familiar with. In the end, it all worked out in your favor and it has benefited you :). That really is a huge achievement :)

Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

10. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks@ airfightermax. It wasn't easy taking that decision but I had yo take it if my financial future must remain bright. I saw a lot of wonderful opportunities the internet brings but without a skill I could still be locked out. LOl

11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Marrying the woman that has been my wife for over 40 years:)
    Keith.

12. AntonyRaison

AntonyRaison Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    That should be celebrated and honoured... not often you hear of relationships lasting well and long.
    I am also along the same lines... except I only been with my wife for 3 years.
    But I am very happy and proud that I could find some one to love and be loved for whom I am.

The Innkeeper and Keith H. like this.
  13. AntonyRaison

AntonyRaison Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    For me I don't value financial gain (it's a necessary evil, we kind of need money)
    I value relationships and friends, and loved ones.
    So I am proud to be of help to those around me.

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Blood oath (as the aussies say), my wife is my best & closest friend.
    Keith.

The Innkeeper, Radar and Ystranc like this.
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm with you Keith. We will have 43 years married and 46 years going steady this year. I am also proud of my daughter. She is a good and very successful person. I'm pretty proud of my Granddaughter, Danni, too.

The Innkeeper, Radar and Keith H. like this.
  16. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The wifer and I over 40 years together. Caveat, we have had so many external life-battles to fight that we ourselves have not had sufficient time to fight each other. We are both on the mean side and could have torn each other apart. She's been a beauty which set the hook in deep -- there's another reason to not fight.

As to life achievements and royal f###-ups, we actually don't get to know such until we are judged before God at the end of our lives. People who have died then been resuscitated by medical crews report that the things they considered important meant little and seemingly minor good deeds meant the world. Go figure.

17. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good to hear it, so many marriages breaking up these days. Some of course are necessary when it comes to domestic violence, but others? I don't know, you can't judge others because you don't know the whole story, but I thank my lucky stars that my wife has put up with me all these years & still loves me :)
    Keith.

18. Richa94

Richa94 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    The best is yet to come in my life...for this, I'm making efforts and hope I'll get succeed in this very soon:cool:.

GateCrasher likes this.
  19. perkin steel

perkin steel Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes there are some people in the World who really don't know what is their great achievement, trust me it is the real fact in real sense. By my point of view "do something everyday to other and get greet like thanks is the greatest achievement in the life "

20. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my greatest achievement is making it this far, there were a couple of times I didn't think I was long for this world.

Radar and Keith H. like this.
  21. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    No single thing for me but a head shot on a camel at 1,128m is right up there:D

22. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I have to say my son . i raised him to hunt, fish,trap,canoe, live in the woods,set up a back country camp, winter camp in the woods now 35 years later he is a top wilderness backcountry guide. with all sorts of people singing his praises, makes me proud.

23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    One cannot bring up achievements without being faced with one's nausea-inducing failures. And, contemplating God's possible help in it all also presents one with His more common abandonment.

The Innkeeper and perkin steel like this.
  24. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Other then giving money to a few homeless people who probably spent it on drugs, I go to this website and buy toys for two children's hospitals.

My greatest achievement would have to be getting a GED. I also have a high school diploma, but I didn't feel like I earned that at all. The GED was much tougher actually.

Radar, The Innkeeper and Keith H. like this.
  25. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I think that the greatest achievement I had in my life is having a family and parents who had mold me to be a God fearing person and a good individual. For me this is priceless than any material things or any other achievements. I will not ask for anything more. My family is my strength and my life and the only treasure I had in this world.

Radar, The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Very nice to hear of such long term marriages. I would put myself in that category; 43 years this year married to the same person, and that is something of which to be proud. I was granted and issued a patent, which was a significant business achievement. I have received other awards in other walks of life, but I would agree, my children are my biggest, and life long achievement.

27. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Being married to Dawn and having two kids who grew up to be happy and successful would be (in my eyes, anyway) probably my greatest achievement. Going back to school later in life and getting some Uni degrees was a good thing, and so was finally leaving suburbia and buying a homestead in rural Idaho last year.

28. GREGORY Brooks

GREGORY Brooks New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely, he is very selfless and looks to other needs before he looks at his needs. He should be a first responder.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  29. RICH-FL

RICH-FL Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    First - Keeping a wonderful woman.
    Second - Four kids who now have their own families but still get together 3 times a month.
    Third - Grand and great grand kids - Just to keep me on my toes.

I'm still passing my skills on to my next generations. As my grandfather did for his grand kids (Black Smith trade) up to the age of 96. Was shoeing a Belgian that got away from him. He died doing what he knew and loved best. Cannot bet that.

30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, so far I've not played Russian roulette with an automatic.

Give me time.

Git out yore banjo! Git out yore geeeetar!

♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪

Boom!
    He weren't so happy.
    Boom!
    Some loved my pappy.

Round and round that cylinder spun.
    Oh my God, what a pertyful gun!

Boom!
    Always acted like he wuz mad.
    Boom!
    Maybe he wuz just a little bit sad.

Doom!
    Oh where now could that sad man be?!
    Doom!
    Gone to wander or out to sea.

Doom!
    Not with his God.
    Doom!
    And not with me.

8006e811f849e5c7b9339072cc3c53ac.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not dead yet.

32. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    my five children

33. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I try to spread a little "nice" each day, it's not much but hopefully it ripples out and spreads. Small acts of kindness cost little or nothing.
    I have this theory that by being on the receiving end of small acts of kindness people can be influenced and go on to commit their own small acts of kindness. I think of this as a ripple effect.

34. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    I have been blessed to have some accomplishments in a number of fields, but I thank God for

1) bringing me into a relationship with him
    2) giving Me a wife who has been with me for nearly 43 years ... through richer, poorer, better, worse, sickness and health ... we have done them all... when I said they vows it never really occurred to me that you actually had those ups and downs
    3) two sons who turned out way better than my parenting skills - both serving as pastors with godly wives and six grandkids between them

I have been blessed more than I ever deserved

35. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Kicked an addiction, it wasn't easy, but it is the greatest thing I've done in my young life thus far.

Radar, Ystranc, GateCrasher and 2 others like this.
  36. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Keep up the good work NomadWill.

37. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
  38. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Winning / earning that Green Beret cap in 1970 was a high point but honestly now looking back at my mostly over life I would say moving from what I saw was becoming a humanity cess pool to my now survival retreat was my biggest accomplishment .The move wasn't planned , I was just following an unseen force . I had two grown children out on their own , both with good jobs and I had two younger kids . The two older kids also felt the pull , one quitting their job to follow me . Now I have all four kids on our retreat plus 4 grandkids residing on our Ozark retreat . The grand kids are all hoping to build and spend their lives here . My daughter told me yesterday , my decision to move to the Ozarks was the best thing I have ever done . This week another set of in- laws contacted me wanting to move up , but that situation has some issues . ---More of a human interest thing My Son in Laws son from a previous marriage is wanting to come up but I defiantly don't want him . That sorry scamp has a contract out on him by three different gangs . He returned to the area we had moved from . About a week ago he was gutted with a knife from groin to chest and then shot through the chest for good measure . Laying in the hospital bed my daughter was on watch when someone tried getting into his hospital room at 2 o,clock in the morning to finish the assassination job . My daughter alerted the security and the assassination was prevented . He sure is doing some begging to come to our survival retreat . Right now he is in a hidden location . Any way that is the kind of area we moved away from .

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.