When An Angel From God Saved Me

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by randy cruz, May 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. randy cruz

randy cruz New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    It was back when I was a teen in middle school. I was living in the south bronx and traveling to school in Manhattan everyday. At the time my hobby was skateboarding. I was skating every chance I got I loved it. My favorite part of the day was riding from the train station to the house at the end of the day. Reminiscing about the day while skating with the wind was everything to me. It was the most peacful time then. One day at that time I had to walk because one of my wheels popped off. As I am walking with my board in hand just drained about the situation. Someone from behind me comes running towards me yelling "hey wait" I continue walking as if I didnt hear him. He stops next to me to introduce himeself and starts asking me a lot of questions about skatboarding. He seemed cool so I played along and continued talking to him as we walked. I look up ahead and see a group of guys with hoods on walking across the street towards us with their hands in their pockets. It was sketchy to me so I was super nervous. It was clear they were up to no good. The group of guys happend to know the guy I just met so he greets them. I overheard one of them asking him if he knew me. The guy lied and said he knew me for awhile without thinking. Confusingly, I walk pass the group and saw one of them putting a blade back in there pocket. When i got home all i could think was "wow I am lucky to be alive" After aawhile I realized that this guy who I met randomly. Was my angel sent from God. If that guy didnt coming running to me trying to talk to me. I would have most definitely been hurt from what I saw in the eyes of that group. In my belief God put me at the right place at the right time.

kgord likes this.
  2. blisstv

blisstv New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello Randy. After reading your story all I could think about was how all my life I have never been able to achieve the balance necessary to skate on a skateboard or roller skates.
    I am 53 now and I wonder if I should keep trying. But on a more serious note I am glad that you came out of that situation in one piece. God is good.

3. randy cruz

randy cruz New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you can relate. As far as skateboarding I say you should most def. Keep trying. Skateboarding taught me all about not giving up. The more I fell the more I felt like I should keep going to achieve my goal. It didnt make sense to stop after the physical and mental practice I put into landing my goal. Skateboarding woke me up and helped me apply what iv learned from falling and picking myself up to everything else in life. I say you keep trying until you feel accomplished. telling yourself that you will and before you know you will be feeling like your like 35 and not 53 with all balance in the world.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    So your god saved you but allows the Indonesian government to kill hundreds of West Papuans in genocide. Sorry Randy I am not buying your explanation.
    Keith.

jeager likes this.
  5. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Same for me.

I doubt "god" had anything to do with anything.
    Let me see now? I've been in 3 gunfights, stabbed at, beaten, don't have a clue how many fights I've been
    in with nasty miscreants, survived a chemical fire that KILLED 55/60 others...........

God had nothing to do with any of that.
    If you really knew the Christian Bible you'd know why God had nothing to do with any of that.

If religious faith and affiliation had anything to do with warding off evil this board would not exist.

I just happen to be a man of Faith, have studied religion for over 30 years, have two degrees, one
    from a Presbyterian college.
    Our first text book was a study Bible and we wrote many essays on Biblical passages and books.

With my education I am a minister but don't practice.
    Why?
    I don't wanna that's why.

No one is so "righteous" as to be chosen by God for any reason.

NASB: " the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

Today's English Version: "the whole world is under the rule of the Evil One."

ESV (English Standard Version): "the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

Living Bible 1981: "the world around us is under Satan's power and control."

ISV (International Standard Version): "the whole world lies under the control of the evil one."

6. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Rebuttal????
    On second thought don't!
    This is not the place for religious debate.

That said FAITH is a powerful force for surviving when other methods might just fail.

Read how Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses and Catholic Priests survived the Nazi death camps.
    Gypsies were also given "hot" treatment by the Nazi's.
    google that.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree, & I guess some people NEED to believe in a higher power to get them through. But personally, I do not believe in god, I believe in my own ability & I give it my best shot. How anyone can believe in an invisible friend I have no idea, but if that is what it takes, fair enough.
    Keith.

8. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in God but no particular Christian denomination.
    Faith can help one survive the seemingly impossible.
    I sure don't want to test that however.

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Read how Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses and Catholic Priests survived the Nazi death camps.
    Gypsies were also given "hot" treatment by the Nazi's.
    google that.

Now you see that is just danmed well WRONG!

How many did god not save? He that is god ALLOWED 6 MILLION souls NOT to be SAVED!!

Reconcile that all you believers!

10. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    @Arkane:
    I was referring to personal FAITH helping people to survive.
    I didn't attribute survival to any "god" .
    33,000 denominations of Christians all read the same book.
    Wonder which is the one "right" one??????
    I find that a conundrum.
    And please, no need to use foul language.
    A point can well be made without being snarky, nasty, or using unacceptable language.
    Thank you.

If one really strives to study and understand the Christian Bible then on can understand
    what entity is in control of this world.

Hint: It isn't God. Whatever "god" one does or does not believe in.
    But again this forum isn't intended for religious debate.

11. Jahkobi Martin

Jahkobi Martin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Wow that guy was nice, glad you're okay.

12. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in God and pray.
    (just in case some think me an atheist. I ain't.)

13. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    That does sound like someone was there at the right place and time to save you and might have been divine intervention. Sometimes we experience those Godwinks in our life, and some things that we probably can not chalk up to coincidence. Many people say there is no such thing as coincidence. This might be something that was one of those times you met an angel.