When it is Needed

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Lunasurvivor, Apr 27, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Lunasurvivor

Lunasurvivor Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    Mental preparedness or preparation is something that is called for on a continual basis every day. Not being mentally prepared for something or a certain situation can leave you in a predicament. Not only are you putting yourself in danger by not being mentally prepared for things you are putting others at risk as well to.

MG5-gfk0Sp9JmABFt-ZA1heYLqve6c7q.jpeg
    When somebody is not mentally prepared it can lead to irrational decision-making. Irrational decision-making is oftentimes the main ingredient for disaster. Avoiding disasters as well as avoiding dangerous situations can be facilitated by planning ahead with mental preparedness. Reading books, attending classes, as well is participating in survival forums are great ways to increase your knowledge, skills, and ability to handle any situation that is thrown at you.
    [​IMG]

There is no such thing as being overly prepared. So go out and get yourself some books, DVDs, or computer programs that will help you study and learn. Having a strong mind is just as important as having a strong body when it comes to any kind of survival situation. Every day that we are alive is a survival situation so strong mental preparedness is of the utmost importance.

2. terryse

terryse Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    Problems and illness come along like everything else in the world. Accepting calmly the fact that we too have our own share of these, can help make you far more effective in life. The chances are that you can do something about it. Focus on the present and live in the golden now. Our options are more numerous than we usually realize.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a "positive mental attitude", many do not.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I'd say I am an average person who may or may not be prepared depending on the situation. Like the first time we experienced flooding inside the house, we were panicky as if the world had collapsed on us. But on the succeeding occasions, we tried to take it easy and in fact, we were playing in the floodwater just to take away our fear. With an earthquake, it would depend on the damage. Maybe if the damage were restricted to old houses and ours is spared then I would have the presence of mind to be of help. But maybe when it is our house that is hardest hit then I cannot promise to have presence of mind.

My other problem is my husband who has bouts of anxiety attack. In times of crisis, he is easy to panic although not all the time. There are times that he seemed stronger than me mentally and emotionally. I just hope that when an emergency strikes, either one of us would have the presence of mind to do what needs to be done.

5. NormaD

NormaD New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    We were put on this earth to live full lives and enjoy this physical life experience. I don't think that it serves anyone to spend all their time on this wonderful planet worrying about disaster. That being said, a decent amount of preparation can be the only thing standing between you and death in a disaster, so take time to learn survival skills but don't forget to live your life to the fullest in the meantime.