When living off the grid, we can learn alot from the Amish when it comes to food.

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by tb65, May 30, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    There's a Amish market in the next county away from me, they live off the grid but there food is great. The Amish market is always packed, the food is organic and they hardly use any technology to do there work. They create all kinds of cookies cakes pies and deserts, and different kinds of sausages and meats are found there. You can really taste the difference in the way the food taste, but what amazes me is how they seem to produce this stuff with such high quality and little technology. I don't know how this type of lifestyle would work out under post apocalypse conditions but when it comes to living off the grid, the Amish seem to be really good at it.

Moroccanbeauty2266 likes this.
  2. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    The Amish really do some great stuff, but it would be hard to have a community like they have in the post world.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I know amish well they have propane stoves and refridgerators if you think what they sell is good you should try whats at home lol ladies and gents the best never leaves the farm i deal with them alot we barter with them all the time

4. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I never had an encounter with an Amish group. I was riding with my husband on his truck (he's a truck driver for Prime), he was delivering a load in Utah. We went through this Amish town and we seen a lot of horses and farming. I couldn't believe Amish towns still exist. I was so fascinated.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Amish are good people if you treat them with respect they dont like outsiders be polite leave them to their life i help my amish neighbors alot if someone is hurt ill or old i help them i fix repair motors and showed two how to do this themselfs we trade goods and work if i need help they first here last to leave

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wish we had Amish in Britain.