Where can ladies learn and discuss female-specific preparedness concerns?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by bluebetta, Jul 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. bluebetta

bluebetta Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    It seems like females have some special concerns in survival situations. We seem to have extra things to worry about such as menstruation, miscarriages, and the like. I am wondering if there is a place to help women prepare considering they might have some unique concerns? Would the ladies here be able to direct me on where we can get information or discuss topics from the female vantage point? Would the rest of you be interested in asking the forum mods to add a section for us or do you feel that it isn't needed? I would love to hear what the other ladies think.

Keith H. and JimLE like this.
  2. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Such issues have indeed crossed my mind and I also think approaching these issues, as you have already mentioned, is necessary.
    Therefore, it would be great to have a space here in this forum that is dedicated to women-only issues.
    I am not sure how the Moderators of this forum think about this but I hope they also agree.

Megan and JimLE like this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    That's a bit sexist isn't it?
    I have not seen any male specific sections here. so far this forum has been gender neutral, I hope it stays that way
    I hope the forum owner/s are modern enough not to get gender specific

4. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    no arkane,i don't think it'd be sexist to have a woman's section only..would you want to walk into a group of women talking about women things,that apply to women only? i know that i wouldn't want to..and if it is sexist in any kind of way,to have a woman's section only.then maybe some sort of mens section only then.

Karen likes this.
  5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    "no arkane,i don't think it'd be sexist to have a woman's section only"

Well it damn well is sexist! any time there is a mens only anything the excluded gender gets its knickers in a knot about it! so good for the goose good for the gander!
    It is all about equality and non discrimination! stuff females have been fighting for for decades! they fought, they won now they should wear it!

Not that I am interested in those topics anyway but I should not be excluded on gender alone!

6. bluebetta

bluebetta Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Sorry arkane. I never meant to make you feel excluded! I just thought you wouldn't want us to chat about menstrual cups miscarriages and rape under "food storage" . I was never saying that men couldn't be there. But since it clearly causes bad feelings nevermind! For the ladies that care, I found a youtube channel with some information by someone named patriot nurse. She might be a good resource. Also since we won't have this here, like I said, if you know of another place please send me a link. And arkane don't lump me in with nazi feminists. When I am alone in a dark parking lot, I don't feel as equal as you think.

7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    No bad feelings here at all!
    I have not mentioned nazi feminists here but you have.

Bit silly to be alone in a dark parking lot is it not?
    But you are equal!
    Ain't it grand being equal? I just love it!:)

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    patriot nurse is a good youtube channel, that lady talks some sense !!
    i'm not sure I would want a female only sub section on the forum, I know other sites have them, but prepping and survival is for all irrespective of gender.

sunnytn likes this.
  9. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    I think a woman topic section would be helpful women only section not so much I have a girlfriend a mother a sister 2 nieces and female friends (yes it is possible) and having ideas tips or guide to give them when TEOTWAWKI would help all in the group
    at the end of the day knowledge weights nothing and might save yours or someone u care about life or just make it a little easier to survive and if knowledge is not open to everyone its only takes time till it will be lost to all

Goob and JimLE like this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure we have many/any ladies active on the forum at the moment, we did have quite a few at one time but they seem to have lapsed.

11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't see why we can't have a ladies only forum for matters that only concern ladies & where men are not wanted.
    Keith.

12. Bushdoctor

Bushdoctor Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    A Ladies section on the forum is fine by me, but dont exclude men totaly, some of us can be helpfull at times.
    Doc.

Mr Boots likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    better count me out, i'm useless around women!:p

14. sunnytn

sunnytn Well-Known Member
      90/99

Blog Posts:

15. sunnytn

90/99

Blog Posts:
    I also like Patriot Nurse, because she is a straight forward nurse and a prepper. She includes topics that concern women only. I am not a sexist, it is a fact women have issues that we need to address in survival situations. So a ladies section is not a bad idea.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  16. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We do have a woman's section on this forum http://mysurvivalforum.com/forums/ladies-section/
    Keith.

sunnytn likes this.
  17. sunnytn

90/99

Blog Posts:
    Keith H. likes this.
  18. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Ladies my advice is to find you a vetern he has the skill to survive learn from him work with him and will do everything he can to keep you safe ! Your cincerns and needs will be alo less stressful with his help and skills two working together make life better

19. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I agree to having a section that is dedicated to ladies survival well-being. There are some aspects and concerns that only the ladies will understand. As what Tom said, it is also wise to have veteran survivalist and you can learn a lot from him. :p