Which Apocalypse Would You Most Want?

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Toast, Jun 19, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    If there had to be an apocalypse, which one would you most want to happen?
    There's a lot of choices, like natural disaster, airborne virus, zombies, war, famine, enslaved by an alien race, etc.
    I think if I had to go with one, economic collapse counts wouldn't it? I think it's the one that's the least threatening to my life out of all the possible ones. I guess you can also hope to be one of the immune people in an airborne virus apocalypse.
    What do you think?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    whatever one causes societal collapse.

3. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    Surviving an economic collapse wouldn't be that hard.

All you need is some land, some farming knowledge and everything will be relatively fine. Wars, global pandemics, the earth being struck by asteroids — it would be a lot harder to survive those and even if you there'd be no safety anywhere. You'd be fighting for your life every day.

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Economic collapse would be harder here in the United States because I feel we are spoiled and spoiled people don't get "unlazy" when the SHTF immediately. Instead, they get desperate, which becomes dangerous when they come after your food and resources. However, I watch a lot of zombie movies/TV, I think I could manage the zombies fairly well. So, I'll go with the zombies. It's the living walkers ultimately that you still have to worry about anyway.

Brownbear likes this.
  5. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    The most fun would be a Zombie Apocalypse, The most Likely to happen would be a Natural Disaster, or Societal/Economic collapse.... So Hmm.. I'd go with a Societal/Economic Collapse, It'd be dangerous, but doable.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  6. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, social/economic collapse. I just pray for a bug in. Emergency travel bug out would.be a nightmare of the worst kind.

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that an EMP based catastrophe that affected the entire world would offer the best chance for the survival of the smart and prepared and the maximum reduction of the just too stupid to live.

8. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    An atomic bomb E.M.P. attack along with a few ground nuclear attacks would sute me just fine . This planet needs some population thinning . I would enjoy going back in time a few hundred years .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If things continue as they are I can imagine things ending up a lot like H.G. Wells book "The Time Machine" two species of human one little more than herd animals and the other massively intelligent monsters.

A little more radiation and several generations of harsh survival of the fittest might be what we need as a species...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would vote for an EMP. IMHO that would be the most survivable. I don't think we would go back to the Stone Age. Probably only back to the early 1900's. I think the technology would be restored much faster than people think.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    EMP would do the social collapse and thinning of the population, that would do it for me.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Anything where I die in bed at 100plus age and a 20 something babe next to me:D
    Oh and dieing from sexual exhaustion:D

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you should be so lucky!:p;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer: As much as I agree with you we have left reality and entered fantasy land. Do you remember the old vaudeville joke? Guy #1 asks " Have you been getting any on the side lately?" Guy #2 replies " Its been so long since I got any I didn't even know they moved it."

That is probably closer to my world.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If I am in my urban environment, then I would want a fast burn event. If I was in my rural environment, I would prefer a slow burn event. Different locations require different responses and work better with different time lines.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would prefer a fast burn event myself, get it over with and come out the other side and start our new normality, but I think a slow burn/cascade effect is more likely.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    :rolleyes: Oh FFS,
    .....none of them, I want to die of old age, in my bed surrounded by young naked women....
    .....that will do nicely, a young naked women apocalypse please.o_O

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    seems to be a theme developing here:p

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    That may well be.... It does just go to show that I'm not alone in my choice of how I would want to go.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to go at all , I prefer to survive the apocalypse, my main goal is to be "last man standing".

TMT Tactical, Ystranc and Brownbear like this.
  22. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I think mine would have to be climate change, but I believe that is already happening so it is here right now.....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Ystranc: I think that shows that great minds think alike. I didn't know that your choice of apocalypse was even a choice. I'm definitely voting for that.

Lonewolf: You are in the same boat with Woody Allen who was quoted: " I don't want to become immortal for what I have done. I want to become immortal by not dying."

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  24. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You get Second to last man standing. I have reserved the Last Man Standing position for myself and I got more guns, than you. :rolleyes::p:D

lonewolf likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, but your also over 3,000 miles away from me so no contest.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

LOL LOL LOL......what world are we living in.....a television and or movie education?????

Sometimes the posts here prove my often contentious point about people having a television and or movie education.

As if we get to choose our calamities. Sort of like which apocalypse do we want...the one behind door number 1.....door number 2.......or door number 3 !!!!!???

As if we get a choice of apocalypse's to have!!!

What are some of us thinking here!!???

But the concept of giving up the ghost next to a nubile young nymphet does have a certain appeal....though fantasy. Perhaps two or three.
    At least one would be warm in giving up the ghost.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    definitely fantasy land, as if some young nubile thing would even look twice at us old farts, never mind anything else!!:p
    not my personal fantasy either, mine would involve peace and quiet and lots of empty space-empty of people that is.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  28. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually lonewolf...some young nubile things do look at older men. They are drawn by maturity...often lacking in the younger males of the species.

For much of my life I dated older women....and liked them very much. They tend to be much more appreciative than the younger females trying to avoid boredom and running in the fast food lane so to speak.

One thing I don't like in females is easily bored....not resourceful...at any age.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    actually, I always liked the larger women, skinny women didn't interest me much although there was one notable exception but mostly I went for the bigger lady.

TMT Tactical likes this.