Which Would Be More Difficult?

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by kgord, Jul 10, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Would the mental or the physical aspects of survival be the most difficult? I think for me it would depend on the circumstances. If I was trapped by myself with only myself to rely on, I think the mental aspects would be the toughest, if I had a spouse, partner family, or even a roommate or pet with me I think I could get through a situation a little better. Remember Castaway? He was so lonely, he made a friend out a volleyball.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    for me neither, i'm used to being on my own.
    for many people, the mental part of being on their own would be very hard for them.
    for anyone used to a sedentary lifestyle hard manual work would not come easy.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    When stranded in an alien place in a survival situation, I think it's pretty even between physical and mental aspects. Being alone is a big burden to your mental condition but a survival situation would also require efforts to find food and water and other things like shelter. Well, mental and physical are both needed in such a situation.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I agree with both of the above. If you are used to a sedentary lifestyle the physical part would likely be harder, but if you are used to having people around and are alone, I think the mental or social aspects would be harder to deal with. I think it really comes down to the individual and what they need.

5. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I think mental aspect of the survival are lot harder. If you are mentally prepared then you can pretty much fight any scenario being thrown over. But if you are not mentally ready, even simple rain or some extreme hot temperature may make you sick and weak. So it all comes down to both mental and physically preparedness. That's how you deal with the difficult days.

6. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Depends on which place you are stranded and trying to survive. If it's a crowded place, like zombie apocalypse or alien invasion together with other people, probably the toughest would be the physical aspect. But yeah, most people tend to suffer from mental aspects.

7. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    There is a body of research that suggests that physical work enhances a certain area of the brain to do with intelligence, so both aspects feed each other. Mental toughness is required to survive in difficult situations because if you lose the winning attitude, you are done with.