Who And Ebola Virus Disease

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 17, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.who.int/news-room/detai...sease-in-the-democratic-republic-of-the-congo

The above provides reader with a near-comprehensive overview of the subject situation.

The article's "challenges around community acceptance and security ............ The response continues to be hampered by a lack of adequate funded and strained human resources." is applicable to areas outside Africa. I just don't want to be an alarmist.

If you think the statement "cross border screening" does not relate to you personally, I will provide a class on germ theory and and mass infection control. Meanwhile, while I prep my notes, ... where is Yuma, DR Congo ? or is it in Uganda ?

To your list of worries, add: "WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE)".

I'm still doing research on who purchased the white tent and vehicle. My research narrowed it down to:
    - Equatorial Guinea
    - Bangladesh
    - Venezuela
    - Timor

This link provides the environment we must think about for our areas: "challenges around community acceptance and security".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I've got nasty feeling about Ebola. I can see it growing into an epidemic and moving from Uganda to Kenya and then from Kenya to the UK. I read a news bulletin earlier that said it could not become a pandemic and would not reach the UK, but I feel that a denial often suggests that there is a likelihood.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Brownbear,

I agree with you.

A / the main reason a pandemic was NOT declared...maybe a good internal decision for DR Congo and Uganda...was because the declaration stops all international flights, water traffic and overall external business activity.

Still, a human can be a vector - a carrier - of the dread virus and other countries don't have the best of border controls. I am not naming any specific nations; just mentioning with or without a declaration, the Ebola virus can spread.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Exactly Pragamtist. In Europe one should always be mindful that the "BlackDeath" (a combination of both bubonic and pneumonic plagues) travelled to Europe from Asia with merchants and traders.

TMT Tactical likes this.