Who Declares Global Emergency

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 30, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51318246

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

IMO, our Prepper concerns are to maintain prudence and use sound discretion in our daily activities.

Article has a link (of 3 ) titled "Diary ... Locked-Down in Wuhan". I am just about positive that BBC helped draft this diary entry and the 29 year old author might really be living in Mayfair, London.

A 29 year old woman living alone in an apartment for 2 months and not prepared for anything ? ... and she's a social worker !

Regardless, BBC loads easily.

I am now in the mood for some garlic sprouts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Part of the problem is that WHO is more politically motivated than health driven. That said, this time they are possibly right and not overstating the problem. If this virus gets to the third world nations the mortality rate is going to skyrocket. we are talking about places and people that raided health centers where people with ebola were being quarantined and even stole the bedding. They live in squaller with the hygiene of a warthog. They are underfed, with the weakest immune system imaginable and once it gets started there it will be like a fire in a drought-ridden grassy field.

The possibility of it then spreading onto a worldwide pattern and mutating starts to grow in a geometric fashion. What you have to understand is that at the time of the last truly international outbreak in 1916 50% or the US population was urban now it is over 80%. The disease spreads fast when people are crammed together into close confines. Rural people don't go to the store every day nor do they eat out as much.

Do we think that the Sheeple are going to change? They are about feeling not thinking. They will continue to do the things that make them feel good even as it kills them. That is because sheeple only act in mass as a group. Beware though that same thing can infect any group. We each will need to think for ourselves as individuals. By not all doing the same things in mass we ensure that some of us will survive. I guess I am rather odd in that I often think in terms of survival of beliefs and ways as sometimes being as important as individual survival. My hope is that IF at any point our world goes down that it will be we the conservative prepared survivors will rebuild a better world from the ashes.

Rebecca, howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Of course WHO is as political as they make 'em. I'm sure that they didn't release this statement until approved by the US and China - or WHO would be relocating from Geneva to Goma, DR Congo.

No, you're not odd in " survival of belief". Hand-shaking is being phased out among some groups because of the belief in the germ theory of disease and the germ transfers by touching. This is definitely an example of survival of belief.

A global crash, based on our historical record, will generate some form of recovery. The new civilization will not be better than that prior. This is the real historical record.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist, I look at this differently. A civilization, in its early stages, is a reflection of the people. What I see is something like the REAL evolution. Evolution is a two-stage thing. There is the slow change over time of the survival of those that can best reproduce with that one thing being the deciding factor of what is beat. THEN you have a worldwide cataclysm and all of those changes. A great majority of the top species are killed and exactly who lives is to great extent luck. After that, the fittest are those that fastest adapt and change to fit a new reality. Then the slow evolution returns to fill all of the various ecological spots...until the next cataclysm. When the weak and stupid are killed and then even the lucky ones that survive die those that are left WILL be of a different sort. We the human species have become weak and stupid because NOW THAT is the best and the definition of the fittest. They don't limit their reproduction. They don't go to war or die defending their country, family or beliefs. When they are gone the species will be very different. the WOLF will return and the toy poodles will be prey until they are gone. This will be equally as true of humanity as it will be for the canids...Our inner wolf will reemerge...but not be exactly the same...

5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

We're saying the same/similar thing although I omitted details and usually do not write clearly.

Nothing is - exactly - the same but the rebuilt civilization after TEOTWAWKI recovery will still encompass Plagues, mass starvation, mass human violence, child sacrifices, slavery - and upbeat speeches by the political class.

Less the exacting specifics, so far, it's been the same. The human species remains and whatever constitutes "WOLF" will remain the same. Today the wolves live around the swamps in gated communities and have good mental health coupled to the best of much. "It was the best of times, .. "

Not too much is new under the sun.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.