Who Plans Your Travels?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by WildSpirit, May 22, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    When talking about traveling to an unknown location, many people don't feel safe enough to travel until the whole trip is planned by someone who already knows the place (either personally or virtually, after much study on some specific place). Only after that they are safer and motivated to travel. Would you be one of those people?

I definitely wouldn't fit into that group because I love planning all my travels without anyone telling me what to do or where I should go. I think it's pretty annoying to receive those "orders".

2. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I do plan all my travels, I would never let anyone else plan it for me. Maybe I would just ask for some tips or suggestion to someone who already have been here, but otherwise I like to have full control over my travel.
    This is even more true in case of ad unknown location! I like to discover new things myself, not follow a itinerary made by someone else who might not even know me well enough to suggest something satisfying.

WildSpirit likes this.
  3. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm open to the possibility of asking for suggestions for other people too, but from the moment I realize that the person is wanting to "dominate" my trip (or the way I'm planning it) I literally dispense the help (in a polite way, obviously).

I don't like it when people want to impose their needs on others.

4. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I plan it together with my partner. It's sort of like a duo planning. Two minds, different ideas, compromises. We always have a lot of fun planning. None of us act as overly dominant - we both act as leaders when certain situations arise. Our knowledge compliments one another so I guess it's nice.

Otherwise, I don't really let other people plan my trips. I wouldn't enjoy that. I still like to somewhat have control over what I'll be doing.

5. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I have always preferred joining package holidays for the simple reason that the travel agents take care of the nitty gritty right from the time we make that decision till we get back home safe and sound.
    I have travelled to many countries. I search the net for Agents who have itineraries to suit what I want to see

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    When we first traveled to Singapore, my husband and I depended on the accounts of friends. The impression we had was that Singapore is very clean but it is very strict - smoking is a crime and even chewing gum can get you to jail. When we arrived, it was true about the cleanliness but the strictness was an exaggerated story. For our next travels, we would make a personal research from friends and verify it in the internet. In August this year of 2017, we are going to Jakarta, Indonesia for the first time and our impression is that it is like Malaysia which is a Muslim country. We have been to Kuala Lumpur so it looks good to us.

7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I always plan my travels by myself. I usually make a "book" with all the informations that I need. I buy my tickets and book a hotel online, usually 3 months before the actual trip. I don't need an advisor to guide me. I guide myself.

8. amelia88

amelia88 Well-Known Member
      75/99

Blog Posts:
    I am basically in the exact same situation as you. I plan with my husband because between us our planning strengths are complimentary and we just work well together (I guess that's a good recipe for a marriage, right?!)

I do think that having someone else do the planning for me would actually stress me out rather that alleviating any stress. I like being in control, at least to some degree!

9. Anniee

Anniee New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I don't take orders per se. But I've made it a habit to check online and ask friends if any has the experience of where I am heading to. I already have a plan and know where I am going so, someone's talk wouldn't change that. It will only give me options and let me know what to expect. We have a forum in my country where, in the travel section, people share their experiences with pics and all. So it helps to see a review.

10. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I plan all our travel and create our itineraries. I enjoy doing and I really enjoy the research about where we are going. My wife says I research it to a point that I could be a guide even though I have never been there before.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm a person who prefers someone to plan a travel if they know the place because I felt safe. It's not that I cannot plan on my own but I thought I would enjoy more the travel if I will not worry about anything because I know someone is with me who had been to that place and so everything will be alright.

12. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I plan the travel for myself. I do take help of the parents and the friends sometimes. But going to such places on my own is the way to go. I think going solo is better way to explore your life. I think travelling can be done to detoxification from your everyday life. I guess that way you would explore more and without anyone's opinion.