Who Really Really Really Hates You........??? "really" "really"

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Sourdough, May 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not looking for an answer.......... BUT.

I got to thinking in a post Massive SHTF event, there are a few people I would help a little, and suggest they not come back for more. One thought train led to another thought train, and I am thinking who could possible show up looking for food or help, who knows I don't like them, but they are desperate.

Eventually I got to who does not like me (other then Snyper/Snyper 708) I got to wondering who, given the total absence of any social system, or any rule of law/ zero law enforcement system.

Is there anyone who would maybe travel substantial distance to hurt me. In the realm of prepping I think this is a legitimate thought and valid prepping question.

Remote as it could possible be.......I would prefer to be mentally prepared to seeing them approach. That being better then surprised and shocked to see them.

Now I am not talking a two week weather triggered power outage, talking end of social systems as we know them. No rule of law. Who (if anyone) would reek their vengeance on you.....??? Who would go to substantial effort to hunt you down......???

NOT looking for any answers, just something to reflect on.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting, I honestly can't think of anyone who hates me enough to want to harm me. Plenty of jealous people on the net, but nothing beyond that. Your post though did make me think about people that I hate enough to reak vengeance/pay back. On reflection though I think I will have my hands full just with the everyday living to worry about going after people.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical, Morgan101 and Sourdough like this.
  3. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes.......there are people who got to avoid physical injury....for only one reason, I simple was not willing to go to prison.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    IBME,

It is a physically impossibility to be mentally prepared at all times. One sleeps, gets sick, gets forgetful, ...

My approach to address matter is to use low common denominators. Business enemies from decades ago to the spaced-out drifter can realistically approach my shack's outer perimeter. My arrangements do accommodate for any law enforcement vehicle and related. My outer perimeter is a flood-light zone. I have a megaphone here if a conversation is needed.

Humans are an irrational species. From my business days, enemies were created. Some might look for me. They will be fatigued and unsuccessful.
    Interesting term: "social system as we know them". With no law enforcement there was that term "law of the jungle".

Foot Note: "Outer perimeter" inherently reflects on additional layers.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I cant think of anyone.

Radar, TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Or drinks too much Tequila....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmm...I could think of a number of women who hate me for not asking them to marry me before their biology ran out and it struck midnight Cinderella.

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith: I very much agree. I don't think anybody hates me enough to hunt me down, but there are plenty who I hate enough to consider it. I wouldn't waste the effort to hunt them down, but if the opportunity presented itself I would not waste it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've come across plenty of trolls in my 10 years online but they don't count as they are just BS artists.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Recommend a return to IBME's posed question.

Recall: "who could possib[ly] show up..."

The person showing up at your draw bridge hates you because of some business slight from 40 years ago.

At your hidden back door gate, your paramour from the business trips to the Bay of Pigs shows up. She loves you and has a large plastic bag of money she says belongs to you.

She has 5 (five) infectious diseases.

Deal in common denominators. What is your objective ? How do you prepare to meet the objective ? Will hugging Miss Piggy from the Bay of Pigs further your survival plans ?

Deal in common denominators.

11. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I only have one person I would classify as an "enemy". My ex-wife. She is one of those who will quickly die off in most SHTF scenarios. Not too worried about her.

12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good questions IBME. I don't think there is anybody alive that hates me and I know there is nobody I hate. I don't do hate, it is a waste of my time and energy. Are there folks I would not pee on if they were on fire, Yes but I would not hunt them down. Burying bodies takes up too much energy. You have got to be a threat for me to waste that much energy.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Sonofliberty and Morgan101 like this.
  13. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think this can be expanded quite a lot. And this is likely the only forum on the internet thingie that members can discuss this type thing without spinning out of control.

I feel that this exact subject is equal to or superior to other key components of the prepping/survival studies course material. I am a bit shy about "What if Scenarios" with others, but being alone, I play "What if" thinking games with myself all day long.

My guess is that everyone "what if's" a lot more then they are consciously aware. I am very well prepared, and very well located, and very well experienced and skilled. So that kind'a leaves running through all the possible situations and possible surprises. I don't deal well with humans, I am often confused about them and me. I am always at the disadvantage with human contact. I have so little human contact, that I can see they are truly bewildered and confused, by my failure to act and respond with-in the menu of responses they expected. Generally I don't respond, because I don't know how, so eventually they repeat the question.

So for me it is important to have pre-considered human contact optional responses well in advance.

Allowed distance is very important, with humans and bears, (for those who don't know I live with a lot of bears). I allow bears to walk up to me, they are very curious about what I am. I notice that I often fail in keeping humans at a safe distance, and allow them to unwittingly get dangerously close.

I am actually willing to allow unknown bears to approach closer then unknown humans. Humans think they have the "Right" to approach right up close, and seem bewildered when ordered, "STOP".

Sorry.......guess I am babbling.

14. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    I well know what you are talking about! I call it "hermit-in-the-mountains" syndrome.

After a while, our kind tends to go completely feral and kinda wild-eyed among so-called "civilization."

15. pacmantacman

pacmantacman Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    It’s a good question. I think most people are going to say nobody. Because of the nature of how criminal homicides happen. Typically it’s an emotional decision, made in the moment, or at least in a window of time when emotions are involved.

Or if it is more of a calculated planned homicide, it’s usually done to solve a problem. Which also implies a current point of friction. Vs a past event.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've got people who hate me, however they are weak.

My enemies would be your run-of-the-mill thieves. There's plenty of them around and after the SHTF, there will be multi-fold more.

Once my wife got a death threat (met me at the door with a rifle), however I think I know who that was. He was a mental case. I'd have killed him for fun and relaxation. No real threat, just a nut, all mouth.

Oh, he's dead now. His lifestyle killed him before age 50.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I may have a few people that dislike me but I can't think of anyone that has a reason to hate me. I will admit to having done a few hateful things but I was young and sneaky and didn't get caught. It probably helps a lot that I have been in love and going steady with my wife for 48 years and 45 married. Love seems to be the most common path to true hatred and I never had a problem with that am still happily married to that first girl that I asked to go steady.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning IBME,

No, you're not babbling. You're posing a major philosophical question of civilization. A basic benchmark to trace this question is from the "And ye shall exercise dominion over all the animals and fishes...".

Some thinkers say the above quote is false because the human species is just another form of life like the marine mammals, the birds, the microscopic,... A marine mammal is of a higher order on the scale than a kangaroo rat but is confined to a water environment. I'm not skilled enough to know where the human species fits into the chart.

In our pre-civilization state (however one defines "civilization"), our species mirrored other species. Daniel Defoe in his "Robinson Caruso" book indirectly addressed this but not appropriate for discussion here at MSF.com.

It's great to hear you live around bears. I've know of "locals" teens in Pacific playing with sharks in tidal pools. What species on the list are safe and what species are not ? Here, my greatest danger is not the tick nor the snake nor even the greatest danger there is - the mosquito - although still dangerous. My greatest danger is the human species.

There must be a reason Smokey is so famous as a symbol representing goodness. Ditto the Care Bears, the Share Bears, the Cub Scout rank of "Bear".

Your aircraft will never be hijacked by a mid-Atlantic rabies infected raccoon. Aforesaid cannot be said of the human species, whether infected with avian flu or healthy.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    still cant think of anyone, I don't tend to have much to do with others apart from online, I keep myself to myself, polite to anyone I meet but forget them instantly afterwards.

Radar, TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  20. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I can't think of anyone either but there are probably people out there that hate me. I would be shocked to find out who it is.
    I hate no one but am not too fond of politicians.

21. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Turns out I know the whole history of this, and it is very very interesting. It shows how powerful the MSM was long long ago. It all started with the MSM "Haters" attacking Teddy Roosevelt, over a bear hunt. But to me the man who guided him on that hunt, is likely the most skilled survivalist ever in America. And that is saying a lot.

The man was truly beyond current day comprehension. There were others kind'a like him in that period of history. But it is like they have been airbrushed from the photo of history.

randyt, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  22. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Two of my neighbors they have called the cops on me a few times and get mad when they don't haul me to jail

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:

Do you mean Ben Lilly?

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  24. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Do you have any books about that hunt.......there may have been more then one hunt. My very foggy memory is the hunt was not going well, and they brought in another guide. All my books, or the ones I need for this subject are in storage in Anchorage, Alaska. I am kind'a thinking about a guy who's last name started with a "C" maybe like Colton.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    OK.........found it.....Holt Collier is the name I was thinking of.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I thought maybe Ben Lilly, both were likely of the same caliber.

Here's what Roosevelt wrote of Lilly.

"I never met any other man so indifferent to fatigue and hardship. The morning he joined us in camp, he had come on foot through the thick woods, followed by his two dogs, and had neither eaten nor drunk for twenty-four hours; for he did not like to drink the swamp water. It had rained hard throughout the night and he had no shelter, no rubber coat, nothing but the clothes he was wearing and the ground was too wet for him to lie on, so he perched in a crooked tree in the beating rain, much as if he had been a wild turkey. He equaled Cooper's Deerslayer in woodcraft, in hardihood, in simplicity–and also in loquacity."

I don't have any books pertaining to that hunt, I have a book called The Ben Lilly Legend by Frank Dobie. There is a little info in there on Roosevelt's hunt. If I recall Lilly may have been the guide that joined the hunt. This evening I'll review that.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  27. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't contribute one iota to this thread, but please continue. I am thoroughly enjoying the history lesson.

28. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well.........there are several separate and only slightly related history lessons that revolve around this.

What interests me, is the massive difference in the physical and mental abilities of "Some" men in that period, compared to today.

When you look at the photos of their bodies, and read about what they did day in and day out, their every day lifestyle. How did they do that with those bodies...???

Then you compare that to todays (Ultra-Ultra-Ultra) athletes, and the legal and illegal performance enhancements available today.

29. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not everyone has to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. When I read the post about Ben Lilly the first thing that came to mind was Navy Seal. Not necessarily the biggest, or the fastest, or the toughest, but probably the one with the greatest resolve. Nothing will faze him. You just move on; keep going; get the job done. An incredibly important trait, especially, in a survival situation.

30. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I had considered the "Seals" but they have a totally different physical body. I think the closest today is if you can imagine those photos of the people barely alive in concentration camps (just loose and translucent skin on skeleton) now imagine them winning those modern day ultra marathon races, where they race 100 miles (Yes....on foot) in under 24 hours.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  31. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    It is said Ben would wear the soles off of a pair of new boots in a few weeks. He could take a anvil and grab it by the horn and flip it over his head. he would not stay in the bunkhouse of the folks he hunted for. He stayed under a tarp instead. He would eat mostly cougar and bear meat and boiled corn. His wife or a neighbor asked him to shoot a chicken hawk. He took after it and came back two years later. Told his wife the bird just kept going and going. He had left his family but always sent money back.

He used a 30-30 for cougar and a 33 winchester for bear. His bear knowledge was unbelievable . He claimed to be able to tell from a track of a bear if it was male or female. If the sow was in heat, if the sow was nursing.

He would not hunt on Sunday, ever.

He was a character

TMT Tactical likes this.