Why Is The West So Sceptical?

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by remnant, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I listened to a recent sermon from a highly spiritual priest from Kenya who stated that a woman from the West used to go to a traditional witchcraft practitioner and was shown live prompts on where the man was and what he was doing with absolutely no monitoring gadget. I have researched on some famous pop stars and personalities and realised that the highest and lowest sections of the society are more conversant with witchcraft and the spiritual realm than the rest we the populace. Food for thought.

2. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    The light of reason has guided mankind out of ignorance and magical thinking. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to go back to the bad old days of witchcraft and the like. They called it the dark ages for a reason.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The light of reason has led us to a point where there is question about whether we are killing our planet or not. It has led us to the ability to rain down a nuclear holocaust that might not leave any of us enlightened beings alive. Science is like Pandora's Box and if we don't act wisely it will kill us all.

Also anything that science can't explain right now is impossible...until we magically do it. Magic is more often than not simply something that we don't understand and so say "That's impossible!" until it happens so often that finally they open their eyes and look at it and then it becomes "Tra Da" Science.

Much of the things that a magical may well be simply the human mind doing things that we can't yet understand. The things that an Idiot Savant can do are at least magical. The human mind may yet have many surprises waiting to jump out at us. I have seen to many strange things that I can't explain to totally write magic off. Within our genes there may well be witches and warlocks. I knew a man that could read people so well that it was almost like he could read their minds. He said that it was his subconscious reading their body language and voice inflections but I am not sure. I have witnessed and experienced clairvoyance.

Even though I am extremely interested in the sciences I must confess that I also have known witches and some of the things that they can do are at times totally out of the realm of rational odds. Because of the crippling limits that the Catholic Church placed on the physical sciences it took us centuries to accomplish what was later done in decades. I suspect that once "Science" stops doing pretty much the same thing to the metaphysical sciences it will bloom just like the physical ones did in America.

"Any technology, sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic." I believe that was Arthur C. Clark

Blitz and poltiregist like this.
  4. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    There are things that we can't explain and I have had several paranormal experience's that defy logic or popular reasoning. I am not a witch nor do I play in the occult because it can be dangerous. And thats not an opinion. I stay as far away from witches as I can.

5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I certainly can relate to what MEERKAT and TEXDANM are saying . I once had a vision that later unfolded into reality in erie detail at the exact spot " by a certain tree stump " about three weeks later . Like TEX i also believe there may be witches and warlocks in our midst .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Meerkat,

Much about what's labeled "paranormal experiences" can be explained but it requires time and effort like prepping does.

Much is explained for public access but not necessarily correct.

"Logic" in much of Western Civilization is "Aristotelian Logic" and some of us consider it fallacy.

Popular reasoning is less reasoning than really "group-think" molded by the population's political establishment.

Speaking of witches, ..... Was at a recent multi-county meeting and one of the key figures present is a local wizard. Note that in today's USA, the fastest growing national "religions" or "faith-based belief systems" are occult and wicca.

From what I've learned ... the axiom required to inject here is Mark Twain's statement - recently cited at MSF.ORG a couple of days ago - is to never let your education interfere with your learning ... is the difference between "magic" and "religion".

Magic and religion had/have different psychological functions. Magic was directed at future events and the "religion" counterpart was used for current events. The most clarifying example I've run across is how death is handled. The death of a family member or close "tribe" member generates feelings of sadness, fear, anger,... For those inflicted with these feeling is also the added matter of disposing of the body in some way.

By "ritualizating" the burial process, "religion" (again: replacing magic) helped standardize the responses of loss and mental suffering with this same process minimizing the more destructive impulses of the human.

Do note that all this is relatively new and not "ancient".

You introduced important material here.

TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  7. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    I've seen both religion and magic be dangerous.
    So I keep my religion to myself unless in a discussion of willing participants.
    And I also know some who probably practice occult but I don't join in their discussions or try not to.
    I study on my own and not involved in organized religion at all. I do use all kinds of religious people in my study but don't follow any of them.

8. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    PS, Good Morning Prag.:)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem never is the religion or the magic. like the gun issue, it is the PEOPLE that are the problem. People can and do take almost anything and find a way to use it to hurt other people. As long as we stupidly keep blaming things for the actions of people and allow the people to continue doing this while instead of trying to restrict the THING we will never do any better than we are now.

Actually, we seem to be spiraling down as people seem to have less and less ability to think in a meaningful manner. Our high tech toys are crippling us. You don't have to be able to do arithmetic, you have to do is poke buttons on a calculator. You don't have the remember anything you just add a memo to your phone. If you need to know something you google it but in the end, you will know very little because you never had to LEARN it when you can just look it up. Once again this is not the faults of the things. Rather it is a flaw in human nature. We always take the easy way out even if that way leads off a cliff.

10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

You're right, of course, how you frame it. However, continue. Certain people also "push" the high tech gadgets for individuals.

Is not all this part of the historical pattern within the parameters of George Santayana's "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ?

The "lessened ability to think" - so true - is returning from the personal ability to think that was a tangent to Luther's reform movement. Besides developing a distinct German identity, the tradition developed that "religion" and morality were separated from the economy. Boom ! Contracts and land law were separate from religious law and the German economic (and political) powerhouse started and rapidly grew.

The tech gadgets for individuals, who couldn't afford them if not subsidized, has learning evaporating away. To learn about contracts, real estate , emergency prep, anything nowadays is by reading page one only of Google and "Boom!" the skilled and experts tell us about everything. It says it on the web. Who put the "info" into the web ?

We're already living near the edge of the cliff.....a bit more space than the Germans now have......Where is Watcherchris now that we need him ? ... but the population here is dumbed down.

I'm following the hurricane alerts and haven't heard much about Labor Day holiday weekend cancellations. It relates to our population being dumbed down.

Am hoping I didn't write anything to offend Forum Members. As an aside, I consider the regulars here to not be part of the American masses.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I could tell you guys a true story about a black cat I knew that was from a truly isolated place called the " DEVILS BACKBONE " but most people would probably think I was either lying or nuts .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltregist,

I have a hunch black cats represented something throughout the generations. So, too, the red heifer. and the white rino.

I wouldn't think you're "nuts" after hearing the story.

We've got a Devil's Backbone brew company here in Virginia. Vaguely recall the D.B. name when POTUS CLINTON closed Grand Staircase Utah area to development and made the place into some nature preserve. Just by coincidence, the coal that could not be touched by commercial interests gave a couple of Indonesian "merchants" (Riady Bros. or similar) a huge increase in value to something. Details are cloudy.

Well, was the story about the black cat label on a bottle of Liebfraumilch wine ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The thing that scares me the most about so many of the millennials that I have dealt with is that they THINK that knowing how to google something is the SAME as knowing it. If all their little tech gods die they will be little more than a shell like a computer if you pull the software out. Mechanically/physically they would be functional but unable to function nonetheless. Their education was totally based on regurgitating things and learning how to look things up and they have a stunted ability to remember or progress with linear cognition. I tried to hire a few and gave up. You could tell and show them something and tomorrow they had retained none of it and couldn't even try to think their way around a problem.

If an emp hits this world in 50 years The only real survivors will be in the third world countries. I'm not sure that the death rate in the US and a lot of Europe won't be near 99%. If the liberals get in power I honestly don't know that there will be any hope. One of the things that they will force is total urbanization. You can't live in a rural area if gas costs a fortune and driving to work costs half of your wages. There is NO mass transit in rural places. Once they get everyone locked up into the cities those cities will become little more than gulags.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I will go ahead and tell the black cat story .My grandparents and mother lived in one of the most remote areas in the southern united states , rivalling GRIZETTES beloved swamps in the 1900's . She may be aware of the DEVILS BACKBONE as it is only about ninety miles north of her old haunts . This area was home to only a few , as few people would venture into this area past the rickety old wooden bridge that crossed clear creek . Even the mail rider would not venture past that bridge . These residents were true survivalist living off the land . My grandfather would hitch up his horse and wagon once a month to travel about forty miles to the nearest town to trade for a few things such as flour and coffee . This place was so isolated when my mother turned marrying age they packed her clothes in a box and took her to town and left her in the hopes she would meet a guy and get married as there was no young males where she came from . The devils back bone was cloaked in superstition . Even my mom was named after a supposedly mythical creature . Anyway back to the cat . An unwanted litter of kittens were born . As was customary back then the cats were put in a sack containing a weight . On a trip my grandfather went to the clear creek bridge a " distance of several miles " and threw the cats in the creek . The next day they were astonished when a black cat from the sack returned home . Realizing there was something special about that cat , it had earned a home , and was named INKY . I knew the cat well . It seemed to hold a super intelligence for a cat . Just to look into its eyes would give you the feeling as if you were looking into a humans eyes . It was an excellent rat catcher and caught one about every day . We would know because whenever it caught one it would bring the rat to show it to someone before it ate it . I guess it wanted to be sure we knew it was earning its keep and didn't want to be put back in a sack . On another note I have read on here where most people are several generations removed from substance living and I agree with that. I can also say I am not even a full step away from substance living as I lived by my grandparents for many years , but don't claim to be near the survivalist they were .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Completely agree.

There really has been a "dumbing down" of the new generations and the tech gadgets assisted the anti-education movement. Overseas on the oil rigs, foreign labor with limited English-language skill was a safer and more productive labor force than young Americans.

A society experiencing EMP interruptions definitely guarantees higher mortality and morbidity rates. Guaranteed ! Even today in peacetime safety, hurricane preparations aren't a citizen routine like getting gasoline enroute to the picnic. Middle America morphed into a hedonistic society: pleasure is preeminent.

The mentioned "total urbanization" has already started. USDOT is "reviewing" whether auto safety is enhanced by cameras replacing rear-view mirrors on a private vehicle. Cars are being priced out of reach of the new middle class.

Related to our "total urbanization" involves the Hong Kong riots. Not discussed in news about the matter is that HK is being merged with 9 other cities of the Pearl River Delta into one big metro area. There will be no private use of cars - except for the purchased exceptions. 99% can't even consider a private car anymore.

Who knows ? Maybe all this will work for the better. I do find it interesting about the name of the grocery stores "Farm Fresh". There was a reason for the name.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Poltiregist,

A good story; - no "lying or nuts" aspects.

Were not "true survivalist living off the land" a higher strata of the middle class ?

Getting beyond the beginning of the 1900's, subsistence living was frequently camouflaged by hobbies such as fish, hunting and gardening. This occurred in the big cities also but adjusted to the area environment.

Arranged marriages didn't end after WWII for the same reasons your mom had to go through: practical aspects of survival.

Meanwhile, the cat ... the Egyptians of olden times (I refuse to write "ancient"; it was relatively recent) had reasons to consider cats special.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.