Why One Year Of Stored Food May Not Be Enough.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by LastOutlaw, Jun 4, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There will always be bad summers and bad winters. Through the many millennia, this has been the filter that made mankind strong and smart. For the last couple of hundred years, we have carefully protected the weak and the stupid and allowed them to not just survive but breed like rats. the world that we are seeing right now is the result of that insanity. Understand, survival is more than just having piles of supplies and a lot of guns. In the far past survival we even more dependent on the person not being someone that others felt the massive need to KILL.

Man's greatest and most deadly predator has always been other men. In the past, if you were a rude, lazy, thief someone would feel the need to kill you. It might be considered bad manners to do it in a public manner but the doing of it wasn't especially frowned on. In Texas, this sort of thing was common all the way into the early parts of the 1900s. My grandfather was known for being a good Christian man. One of the things that was said about him was that he never killed anyone out of anger without warning them first that their behavior was unacceptable or that the next time he saw them he would kill them. They must have believed him. When he died there were several that returned that had left and not come back to town for years. A couple of those ended up dead anyway.

If you will note this sort of weeding, in the end, sent most of the trash up north and you might note that we are having little problems with the sort of crap that is making life so hard in many of the Northern cities. The one little mess that they tried here in Austin ended up with an idiot rioter dead. you don't mess with someone in Texas with a gun in your hand. The rioter waved his gun around at a man and that man drew his gun and KILLED him. It was ruled as self-defense and we don't have any more riots. I guess that we are still a bit uncivilized here. Sadly uncivilized has become once again a survival PLUS if it means that you won't allow animals to take over your city and rob, assault, and burn places and people.

Being friendly enough that others can deal with you and not being a useless, lazy, thief will once again have meaning. Without the civilized idiots protecting these subhuman people, they will be killed instead of supported and encouraged to breed kids that they won't support. Civilization has become a cancerous ROT on the culture in most places. Many see us as uncivilized but to us being polite and acting in a civilized manner is a WARNING and not a weakness simply because if you scratch the surface we WILL kill you and our laws mostly allow that. All you have to do is lay hands on me to allow me to legally kill you. I can and have always loved to walk the streets at night and do it free of fear. Can you say that about where you live?

PS: For many years I worked the night shift and got off work at midnight. Back then the TV played the national anthem and went OFF about midnight and there just wasn't anything much to do so I walked a lot after I ate my "dinner". That way I wasn't moving around in the house and waking up my family. Back then we lived in a fairly large town with over a hundred thousand people. I lived and walked in a middle to lower middle class area and not once had a problem. Even a near brainless thug in Texas knows not to mess with a man that walks the streets at night alone.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Caribou, Weedygarden and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in past times populations rose or fell on how good or bad the harvest was, modern humans have to an extent done away with this but the result of this is an explosion in populations, remove modern facilities and the supply chain and people will have to live (or die) on what they can provide themselves, many of the old skills have been dispensed with as being old fashioned and no longer required in the computer age, without the knowledge of how to grow food, rear meat animals and forage for wild food and other such skills many will not survive for long post catastrophe.