Wilderness Living (with Nothing But Your Bare Hands And What You Find In The Woods)

Discussion in 'Books' started by GrizzlyetteAdams, Jul 10, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Here is a free issuu.com copy of one of the best books that I know of on primitive living, and where I first learned the craft and art of better living in the woods.

The Ultimate Guide to Wilderness Living by John and Geri Mc Pherson

https://issuu.com/shimbey493/docs/ultimate_guide

Note: this copy is easier to read than the print version which is in tiny, tiny print (ouch).

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    bump... (to the tune of Van Halen's "Jump")

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmm, how do you download it?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
  5. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think so, but the author can elect for their work to be either read on the site only, or they can give the world permission to download the book for free.

The author needs to subscribe to the service to have the privilege of their work being hosted on the site.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Nope, the other link you gave to the help section specifically says you must be an optimum or premium member to download as a reader.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Their prices are way more than I would be willing to spend. Premium is $35/month. Optimum is $269/month.

It is a platform to help authors get launched. I gather that is how you got involved GA?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    No not involved other than as a (free) reader. And have known about it in the past from reading various magazines on the site.

I also know that if an author decides to sell their publications thru places like Amazon.com, etc. they are required by contract not to give their work away for free elsewhere.

But they can post it at places like issuu.com which is like a library...sort of.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I have not explored this part yet, but I highly suspect this option is geared for the author to allow his work to be downloaded from that site.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have bookmarked the site and will go back from time to time and read the full 330 pages. Thanks for the link GA.

12. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to be a book & equipment reviewer, & I reviewed all of John & Geri's books that were available at the time. It was these books that influenced the way I wrote my own books. Simple & to the point.
    Keith.

13. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I know folks will like it! The McPhersons have taught the craft for a long time.

I first learned from them back in the days when this book was in a brochure-style series. They made everything look so simple, and it really is!

14. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    wilderness living with nothing but your bare hands is down to skills and knowledge, nothing surprising about that.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.