Will Humans Adapt To The Current Times And Integrate Their Primal Instincts With Their Mindstate?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Jahkobi Martin, May 22, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Jahkobi Martin

Jahkobi Martin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I have watched many survival shows and put myself in the shoes of those people from the so called civilization, trying to survive with very few items and sometimes nothing. My question comes for naked and afraid, Im sure some of you have watched this. The thing that always sticks out to me is why do the people complain soo much? As Im sitting at home thinking " I could do that so easily I would just drop all I thought I knew and trust my senses!" but its never just that simple on the show. So much drama and dissonance because of different belief systems. But shouldn't you drop that stuff in a survival situation?
    So the final question...
    Do you think our belief systems hold humans back from experiencing the full spectrum of their senses?
    We have more than just 5....
    Research Oceans.jpg

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    First of all no, I don't watch reality TV shows. From the parts I have seen in the past, I can see that they are totally fake. Two, the majority of the people on this planet have lost all connection with nature. They can't see the forest for the trees, they have lost their acute sense of smell & hearing. Placed in a survival situation in a wilderness area or even in the city, most of these people in my opinion will not survive.
    I don't know what you mean by "belief systems", if you mean their belief that the government will help them, then that has nothing to do with their senses as I see it. I have seen city people placed in the country, many are totally freaked out by everything they see. All they know is the concrete jungle, beyond that most are lost.
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with Keith, most city people are lost in the countryside, even so called hikers and walkers-take away their maps and compass and they will very quickly get lost.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    take someone from a city and put them in the countryside, they will quickly be lost, cold and hungry.
    that's why I have never believed in the "golden horde" theory, not in Britain anyway.
    most people are so involved in their 21st century lifestyle that they will never adapt to a change in circumstances.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Jonathan Solomon likes this.