Will This Be The Future? (natural Remedies)

Discussion in 'Natural Medicine and Home Remedies' started by Chris Bac, Apr 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Chris Bac

Chris Bac New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I got a question for you guys: Is this book worth buying because I really consider buying it! But I live in Europe and it seems like it is more for America. If it was for Europe I would have bought it. So I don't know what I need to do now. Do you guys believe in this remedies? Because if they are real, I am definitly going to buy the book! And are natural remedies the future? Let me know your opinions, pls!
    https://marketing448522660.wordpress.com/what-if-even-a-doctor-cant-help-you/

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    a book about US plants wont be any good to someone living in Europe, save your money.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Chris Bac

Chris Bac New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes but couldn't it just be handy to know all these kind of things! It would just be nice to read the book I guess. And on the photo's I saw some plants that I also see in the forests and gardens!

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    buy a book that is about plants in your area and country, most of the plants in that book will not apply where you are.
    you will need to research , try Amazon in your country, that's where I get most of my books.

5. Chris Bac

Chris Bac New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes that is a good idea I will try that out!

6. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    As for the book itself, I am hoping grizzlyette will weigh in. This is a weak area for me, but one I am very interested in.

7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Fortunately, many of the most important healing herbs and wild edible plants are common to both Europe and North America.

8. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't have this book, but I went to the publisher's website, https://www.bookofremedies.org and some of the herbs in the book are mentioned there. A sampling of the herbs in the book is also cited on the publisher's website (marshmallow plant, plantain, boneset, mullein, etc.). These herbs grow in both Europe and North America.

I sent an email to the publisher and asked if all or most of the plants mentioned in the book, Lost Book of Remedies, grow in both Europe and North America. Hopefully, they will respond soon! (This book's Table of Contents is not available online. If it was, I could tell you myself whether or not the listed herbs grow in your part of the world.)

Meanwhile, I took a look at the Table of Contents of their other book, The Lost Ways. Almost all of the wild edible plants mentioned in that book grow in both Europe and North America, so maybe the author has given the same geographical consideration to the Lost Book of Remedies, as well.

Because there are poisonous look-alikes that look almost exactly like useful wild edibles and medicinals, I felt the need to sound out a caution in this thread (especially in the second post):

https://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/fool-proof-wild-edible-medicinal-plant-id-method.6106/

Although I only mentioned field guides for North American plants in that thread, keep in mind that many of the plants also grow in Europe.

Herbs have been extremely valuable for me and my circle of family and friends over the past thirty years and will likely to be more so in the event pharmaceuticals are not available during a widespread disaster. Herbal medicine is a worthwhile field of study, especially if you are preparing for a time when conventional medical treatment may not be available.

I must add another important caution: Just because herbs are natural does not mean they are without risk. A lot of herbs do not play well with some pharmaceuticals or medical conditions. For example, some herbs that would be great for certain infections may not be safe for those suffering from heart issues, high blood pressure, glaucoma, etc. Similarly, certain herbs are not safe for children or pregnant / breastfeeding women.

ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH. Now is a great time to learn! I have heard that Rosemary Gladstar's books are great for beginners to learn the basics. She covers the use of healing herbs that you can easily grow in your home garden (or reseed in the wild).

https://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Gla...mary+gladstar&qid=1554573380&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  9. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I have not yet heard from the Lost Book of Remedies publisher, but I stumbled across this today and thought of our European friends, particularly in Britain. I suspect that many of the herbs found there will also grow in other parts of Europe.

https://www.eatweeds.co.uk/