Windsheild Sun Screen ?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Tom Williams, Aug 23, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering if a windsheild sun screen would work as a fire reflecktor to help warm a shelter light easy to carry it would sve time as you wouldnt have to build one maybe two one to reflect one to lay on to help warm has anyone tried this ?

2. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like a great idea.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Those cheap survival blankets are good for that too and even lighter to carry. I'm not sure that you wouldn't be warmer with one behind you and a fire in front of you than you would be wrapped in the thin things.

4. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Ive used those blankets and disature bllankets both in finding lost peoplefound both to be poor quality they fall apart and tear easy dont like them ive got wool blankets from harour freightt and ust blankets now they hold up and last

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I saw a you tube video where man used tin foil for reflector and a video where man made fthe suggestion of Sleeping mat with shader thought on idea and passed it on