Winter Holiday Info

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Pragmatist, Nov 8, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.ready.gov/holiday-safety-social-media-toolkit

Good morning Troy and other newcomers,

Above links gives basics on safety / survival matters re winter holidays environments.

I start with this Monday's Veterans Day and go past the winter solstice holiday. The US Fire Administration does, however, acknowledge "Christmas".

I recommend to never, ever, ever, use candles.

When cooking, how can you wear short sleeves or roll up (long sleeves - this was written by an overpaid government worker and perhaps - also - an overpaid government contractor) when wearing a Jimmy Carter cardigan sweater ?

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of going on a vacation / holiday, I would like to recommend NOT going to the once lovely resort city of Cancun.

"Cancun Chaos Leaves Two Dead As Cartel Beach Gun Battle Erupts"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cancun-chaos-leaves-two-dead-cartel-beach-gun-battle-erupts

"The attorney general's office for Quintana Roo said cartels faced off on the beach in Bahía Petempich that left two dead:

"'About 15 people arrived on the beach to assassinate two men who had showed up saying they were the new dealers in the area," the head prosecutor of Quintana Roo state, Oscar Montes de Oca, told the Radio Formula station.'

"The cartel shootout is the latest incident frequent by American tourists. About two hours south in Tulum, a resort town popular with celebrities, Instagram influencers, and millennials, has been descending into a chaotic hellhole this year as cartels wage war against each other for control. Last week, two tourists were killed in a shootout, and three others were injured."

An individual reports:

"I'm fine now, barricaded in my hotel room for the night, just trying to decompress," Sington said.

Guests are telling me they were playing volleyball on the beach, gunman approached firing gun. Everyone ran from beach and swimming pools. Staff hustled us into hidden rooms behind the kitchens.

— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) November 4, 2021

Active shooter at Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun Resort. All guests confined to lobby now. Hotel staff huddled together in corner. Still no announcement or update from hotel, Hyatt, or police. Several guests have now told be they saw gunman come up from the beach, actively shooting. pic.twitter.com/fL9BP7Jisb

— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) November 4, 2021

TMT Tactical likes this.