World Oil Politics

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      452/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      193/230

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

452/460

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Do we have public domain media pictures of key personnel of Saudi ARAMCO and Saudi's delegation at OPEC Vienna, driving in electric cars ? I do not think the Saudi embassy, Washington, D.C. uses electric cars. I could be out-dated though.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

193/230

Blog Posts:
    Because so far there isn't any electric car that is "plush" enough for them. Al so keep in mind about the need for up armoring the car. And the typical car that could fulfill such requirement is the Mercedes-Benz S-Guard. And neither the BMW 760Li High Security or Lexus LS 460L. could delivered the same level of "plushness"

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Expert Member
      180/230

Blog Posts:
    What I'd really like to see is a natural gas driven hybrid. We (the U.S.) are the world's largest producer of NG and it's half as pollutant as other carbon-based fuels. Combine that in a hybrid configuration and you have very little pollution, excellent fuel mileage and NG is cheap.

I'd like to make my own kit car that runs on gas or NG for a hybrid. All that is is two different electric generators.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    The only difference between NG, gasoline, and diesel is the number of carbon chains. Diesel has more energy per gallon than gasoline and gas more than NG. The original internal combustion engines were designed to run on alcohol but gasoline became available and is a more compact energy source. Come up with all these "greenie" ideas you want but the denser the energy source the better. You can run a pickup on firewood but you'd need to tow a trailer everywhere to go any distance.

All the coal, oil, and natural gas that is buried today was once carbon that existed on the surface. Bring it back to the surface and burn it makes it available for food for plants. Forests grow, harvests increase...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

452/460

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

I don't know what is typical but some private sector executives like their vehicle to be 4 wheel drive.

For certain insurance, it's a requirement.

I do know what "plush" means. Was once picked up at an airport in a Farrari. Don't like 'em. as far as luxury aspects go. Plush = Mercedes 600 but it's a target.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. varuna

193/230

Blog Posts:
    Here is a case example, my oldman was once driven around in Toyota SUV, until someone whispered to him that he should consider change what vehicle he use to driven him to the office, and my oldman isn't even in top level job with no requirement for armoured car, albeit some of his colleagues do get driven around in armoured vehicle.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

452/460

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Yes, that's a perfect example of your Dad's change from the Toyota SUV to something else.

In "prepper talk", this is the doctrine of "grey man", someone walking in a crowd and blending in with the many others wearing a bland grey suit.

Don't stand out; just blend in.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      480/575

Blog Posts:
    I am the perfect Grey Man. Old wrinkled with grey hair. LOL