World War Three

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by poltiregist, Jul 10, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Strange I thought after scanning the forum , that there wasn't a title for " World War 3 " . Well there is now . Today as we sit on the brink of a World War 3 , it may be something some may want to consider not only for themselves but for their children and grandchildren . --- Here is a link put out by my neighbor concerning this topic .

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The link above actually does work , just click on " watch on you tube " . Some of the comments that I have read on this forum when this subject was brought up is echoed and discussed on the above link . I suppose this is where a divide is when , how much you are willing to prepare for you and your families survival . I agree with my neighbor on his outlook on what may unfold . The planet has NEVER in the history of mankind been closer to a full blown Nuclear War as we are at this very moment . Will it happen , I don't know but having the thinking process and fortitude of a prepper face all possibilities .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its actually a very old video, about 5 years ago so many of the comments are that old.
    there are many who do not want to survive a nuclear war and whilst a minimal conflict might just about be survivable I dont think a full blown all out planet wide nuclear world war is , many I'm sure will disagree especially in the US and other larger countries but on a small island off Europe like the UK is it probably isnt.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    In many cases the age of a video does matter but here we are talking about something that hasn't happened yet and is simply discussing peoples mind set to face a Nuclear World War 3 . Lonewolf just validated the accuracy of the video maker's statement concerning the belief by some that they can not survive so there is no reason to even try . I agree that Lonewolf is probably correct in his own personal survival prospects . For some though they have chosen their survival retreat wisely and went on to strive for independence from the need of outside assistance after all the Nuking is done . -- If someone isn't already ready for the prospect of Puttin making this into a global world war 3 , likely it is indeed too late to escalate their preps to the level of facing such an event . Just ignoring and not wanting to face the situation that is here , is not even a small part of my prepper personality . -- This will be an interesting thread to just sit back , and observe and see where our members fit into the video makers observation of some to wallow in hopelessness . I suspect they will simply shrink into the shadows .

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like this fellow for multiple reasons.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Nuclear War is a funny old subject, it would not take many missiles to bracket the whole of the UK but in many places especially rural locations there is very little worth bombing and even less people, if the bombing were kept to big cities and military installations then survival may be possible in a few small pockets, however the main threat may be fallout rather than bomb blasts, a nuclear "winter" of lasting duration could kill off all those that remain, and not just people most of the wildlife and vegetation would be gone too, it has been said the only thing that will survive a nuclear war is Cockroaches!!!
    one reason we have M.A.D.(mutually assured destruction) is so this sort of thing never happens( and hope to hell we never have to use it!)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As a prepper I evaluate a situation and access the best way to confront it . I will never just give up . If the situation dictated that I was going to try to survive in a Nuke potential area , I would likely be out there with my $20 . 00 shovel digging a hole and getting ready . If I seriously thought that the planet was going to get too hot to be bearable , then again I would be out there with my shovel going underground . -- I am not joking about the hole digging as I have already done this in my younger years to protect my family from a nuke attack . I got my shovel , dug an underground bunker large enough to house my wife , two kids and myself . Then tore down an old chimney and built brick steps descending down into it . And then got some bags of mortar mix and cinder blocks and fortified the walls . My mindset is totally toward prepping / survival for me and my descendants . --- I don't have a bunker at my present location because I had the prepper seriousness to move my family to a area well away from anything Puttin or China would consider Nuke worthy . Then I proceeded to putting in some serious survival stuff . --- I have heard countless times that to be seriously prepared you have to have some serious money . " Wrong " , at one point my income was so low that we were receiving government assistance for my family's survival . What it took was sacrifice and determination to progress in the prepping effort . Like taking that $20.00 shovel and a bucket and start digging .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its all very well building a bunker but if the mushroom clouds start sprouting, once one has eaten all their food supplies there will be nothing else left, nothing will grow and no animal will survive the blast and the fallout.
    all building a bunker will do is postpone the inevitable, and that death will be a long and painful one from radiation poisoning and starvation.
    I am no fatalist but some things are just not survivable.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    On this we disagree . I believe it is survivable . " If "the dust does settle back to the ground in your chosen area to make your stand , the radioactive dust immediately starts to dissipate according to the experts " then again they could be lying " . That is a bit like playing Russian Roulet as to where the dust will descend back to earth at . But even if you were unlucky enough to receive a moderate to minor dost of the radioactive dust it is still survivable . Three days to dissipate is one figure given out by the proclaimed expert . After that you have survived the blast and the radioactive dust , next to survive is the cooler temperatures and procuring food after your stored food has gotten a bit low . A problem for some will be the radioactive dust has settled onto lakes and streams and beings there is not any electricity or power grids pumped water will be no more for the vast percentage of the population . A few like me have a spring bubbling up from out of the ground to obtain water . --- It is after surviving the initial danger that gives me the most concern . --- One thing for sure , Me and mine will not wallow in despair proclaiming it is no use to try . Yes we will ALL die one day from some cause , but giving up on life simply doesn't compute here .

TexDanm and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    ---- Some of our members may want to start educating themselves on what to expect by watching the above link on the results of a Nuclear attack . It appears many have an unrealistic idea of what it would be like . And to be fair there has never before been an all out Nuke exchange before so this video is again just someone's opinion of something that hasn't happened YET . I can say this though , the video maker appears to have done his homework and coincides with the information that I received by visiting a Civil Defense Office to discuss this topic .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble will be if there is a nuclear winter, this could turn out to be a long term thing, nothing will grow and the animals will die because there is nothing for them to eat.
    when Chernobyl blew up the radioactive dust travelled as far as Wales, the sheep were unsellable for years because they were all contaminated with it, so was the land they were feeding off.
    maybe in a country the size of America there may be some pockets where survival is possible if somewhat limited, in a country the size of Britain it is not.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- A NUCLEAR WAR WARNING has now been issued . No as for as I know as of this moment no Nukes are on the way . The link above discusses the warning that has now been issued .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I will put out my thoughts on a Nuclear war from a pi--ed off Puttin onto the United States . My conjecture will be for him to send three Poisdon underwater drones to explode - one off the West Coast of California , One off the East coast and one to roll into the Gulf of Mexico . The Tsunami would wipe out Los Angelas along with the rest of California . New Orleans would be deep under water , Washington DC cockroaches may run to their underground bunkers under the Capitol building but unless they are water tight will drown . Nuclear ground bursts will take out military posts and select Cities . Simultaneously two EMP explosions will wipe out the entire electrical and communications for the survivors .--- Only a relatively few Nukes would be needed to leave the country in shambles . --- Then whether sanctioned by Russia or not will come the Chinese troops looking to incorporate the U.S. into its control and gather the bounty of its food production and vast and plentiful oil resources that our present U.S. administration has shut down under orders from the Green New Deal overlords . You can be assured the Chinese will not be listening to the Global Change enthusiast but will fall upon the oil like vultures on a carcass .

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    news to me, nothing on the news channels about it here, has Biden finally flipped??

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That escape airplane that I bought my grandson about a year ago , I know seemed ridicules to a lot of our members then . Well it doesn't seem so ridicules now . My little tribe have no intentions of submitting our women to the Chinese , Russians or Iranians and letting them enslave the males . --- This only goes to show that I think farther into the future than the typical prepper or sheeple . That is the key to my preps . I look farther ahead and prepare accordingly .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nukes are unable to create a tsunami. Long explanation, let's don't go there. Within the past couple of months, I read-up on this topic. When tectonic plates shift, that energy makes a hundred 10 megaton nukes look like silly little firecrackers.

And oh by the by, it is difficult to create a sizable tsunami on America's eastern coast due to the long stretch of the continental plate. However, there's little to zero continental plate on our west coast = tsunami central.

As to EMP devices. They are totally effective. All superpowers have these toys perfected.

EMP the U.S. and the cities would self-destruct. Why waste nukes?! We all know that urban areas and urbanites are crispy crackers -- easily crumbled.

Military EMP-hardened equipment and aircraft would keep on truckin'. The computers on the B2 are triple-redundant and shielded like nobody's business. A lot of farmers' old pickup trucks and tractors (have no electronics) would also keep on running. EMP would run-in on power lines (induced noise) and cook electronic devices and burn the power lines like blowing tiny little fuses. Your uninterruptible power supplies (UPS devices) would not be adequate to protect your equipment. This sort of voltage leaps across such "protection". As a matter of fact, EMP will create mini lightning bolts, thus causing many fires.

A REAL solar flare could outperform man-made EMP nukes; but still, these warheads are real performers. Neutron bombs (people-killers) are also super-duper EMP generators.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This aircraft, does it have a lot of critical electronics / computerized engine control? If so, don't be aloft when an EMP occurs.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Again, the Russian military sees a BIG difference between intercontinental nuclear warfare and using field-grade/tactical nukes.

Americans see nukes as nukes. We and the Russians have very differing views on this. America's nuclear power emphasizes intercontinental / strategic nuclear warfare. Not that way with the Russians. They have a vastly superior arsenal of tactical nuclear weapons -- these toys dwarf what NATO has in place. Russia has been mass-producing these puppies for decades.

I don't see the Russian brass going to strategic nukes; however, the Russian military has few qualms about using their tactical weapons.

If Russia uses tactical nukes, the West will not respond with strategic nukes, NOR will the West use any tactical nukes -- especially against anything within Russia's boundries and within Ukraine's boundries. The Russians know that the west will not retaliate with nukes nor full-scale non-nuclear weaponry.

The West has already imposed all manner of economic sanctions against Russia. So, how much does Russia have to lose?! Germany has now cut off coal sales from Russia. Russia is getting cozy with China -- this in the face of all of their disputes. Russia and China are strange bedfellows, but they know that they need each other to shut-down Western nations.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/05/poseidon-is-russia-planning-to-deploy-a-nuclear-drone-torpedo/ Doing further research deducted Old Geezer is correct . As the link reveals the Poseidon under water drone is for real but isn't ready for deployment . It appears the threat to use it against the U.K. was all bluster . This only goes to show however the importance of defeating and reducing the Russia threat toward other nations , before this weapon is ready for use .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia putting in place technology to blind our birds:

https://www.thespacereview.com/article/4416/1

"There is strong evidence that a space surveillance complex in Russia’s northern Caucasus is being outfitted with a new laser system called Kalina that will target optical systems of foreign imaging satellites flying over Russian territory. Initiated in 2011, the project has suffered numerous delays, but recent Google Earth imagery shows that construction is now well underway. Kalina will complement a mobile laser dazzler known as Peresvet that has been operational since late 2019.

"The Krona space surveillance complex

"Kalina is part of the Russian Ministry of Defense’s Krona space surveillance complex, situated several kilometers west of Zelenchukskaya, a place well known in the astronomical community. Also located in its immediate vicinity are the Russian Academy of Science’s Special Astrophysical Observatory (housing the six-meter BTA telescope) and the RATAN-600 radio telescope.

"Kalina will complement a mobile laser dazzler known as Peresvet that has been operational since late 2019.
    Krona ('tree crown') consists of a radar system (designated 40Zh6) and a lidar (designated 30Zh6), which are several kilometers apart. The lidar (literally referred to in Russian as a “laser optical locator” or LOL) is situated on top of a two-kilometer-high mountain called Chapal (its exact coordinates being 43°43'2"N, 41°13'41"E). Krona was conceived back in the mid-1970s (among other things to provide targeting data for Soviet anti-satellite systems), but didn’t become operational until early this century. The radar system is mainly intended to furnish LOL with accurate trajectory data to point its telescopes at targets of interest.

"It is also worth noting that NPP Advent has a role in Numizmat, a so-far unflown satellite of the Central Scientific Research Institute of Chemistry and Mechanics (TsNIIKhM) in Moscow, which specializes in counterspace systems. Known payloads for Numizmat are an ultra-wideband radar and a TV camera, probably to enable it to rendezvous with other satellites in orbit, but its true purpose remains a mystery.[31]

"In addition to all this, Russia possesses conventional kinetic anti-satellite weapons. One of those, Nudol, destroyed a defunct Soviet-era satellite last November, producing a massive cloud of space debris that will pose a threat to low-orbiting satellites for many years to come. This showed that the Russians have few qualms about performing highly visible ASAT tests against actual targets in orbit, let alone covert tests with non-destructive counterspace systems like Kalina."

upload_2022-7-15_21-32-34.png

upload_2022-7-15_21-32-58.png

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The airplane came off the assembly line right after the end of World War Two , either 1946 or 1947 as I don't remember exactly which . It is so primitive that the landing gear has to be cranked up and down with a hand crank " no hydraulics " . Hopefully the pilot will not forget to lower the wheels before landing , or even worse should they become jammed while in flight . I would hate to be the one to have to crawl out of the airplane , hang upside down reaching under the belly of the airplane to un-jam it . Honestly though my group does have men with balls enough to do such a thing as our pilot's dad has worked dangling from helicopters on a cable while working on full powered electrical wires coming straight out of a electrical generator plant . -- The airplane is one sharp looking airplane that would fit right into a airshow .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Man, that's great!

The wifer and I have been to air shows where all of the aircraft are oldies but goldies. They did things right back then.

The less complex, the less to go wrong.

Moody Aviation and Bible Institute

https://www.moody.edu/undergrad/aviation/

"With Moody Aviation, you can train to be a missionary pilot mechanic or maintenance specialist and develop technical and spiritual skills to equip you for the rigors of mission work. Experience comprehensive training that will prepare you to meet the challenges presented by missions flying and maintenance in diverse environments.

"When you major in Missionary Aviation Technology, you decide a speciality focus—Flight or Maintenance—and train using a wide variety of mission-specific equipment, including tailwheel and high performance aircraft."

The moody school started in Chicago, I think. I guess they have multiple schools now.

------------------------------

Moody used to have a school in Elizabethton, East Tennessee. It was right up in the mountains of E.Tenn and far western North Carolina. Students learned to fly and maintain small aircraft. Because it was up in the hills, they would fly in and out of coal mining air strips which are bare-bones and have steep access. These strips are short and so you'd better know how to land and takeoff. Can't take all day to get altitude or you'll hit the side of a mountain.

Mistakes are bad mistakes:

upload_2022-7-16_13-14-39.png

23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Satellite Image Reveals China Blew Up Mock Japan Warplane Amid Taiwan Invasion Fears"

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/...ock-japan-warplane-amid-taiwan-invasion-fears

"There's increasing concern a possible Chinese annexation of Taiwan would fundamentally challenge Japan's security and result in a broader conflict.

"The People's Liberation Army (PLA) understands an invasion of Taiwan would likely result in conflict with Japan because only 110 kilometers (68 miles) is Japan's westernmost inhabited island of Yonaguni.

"Japanese leaders have linked Taiwan's security with Japan's, enabling the country to play a role in Taiwan's defense. As a result, the PLA launched a missile(s) at mock Japan Self-Defense Forces (SDF) aircraft in a desert area in northwest China called Xinjiang, according to Nikkei, citing a report from Planet Labs.

"'I think we can safely conclude this was a test of a ballistic missile of some sort,' said Jeffrey Lewis, professor at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey and a specialist in the military analysis of satellite photos, referring to what appears to be a mock Boeing E-767 AWACS used by SDF.

"It's unclear precisely what the PLA used to target the mock AWACS or surrounding aircraft. Kiyofumi Iwata, former chief of staff of the Japan Ground SDF, said there are no impact craters, suggesting the 'AWACS object may have been set ablaze, rather than hit by a missile.'

"PLA forces also built a mock U.S. Navy aircraft carrier and two Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers last year in the same desert area for weapons testing. Nikkei said the 'aircraft carrier was found to have marks that experts said were made by missile impacts.'

"If an invasion of Taiwan is planned, it seems China recognizes that Japan and the U.S. could be drawn into the fight. That's why China and Russia aligned and conducted a joint military exercise last month between the island of Yonaguni and Taiwan."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    -- Any serious prepper should be very interested in the video from the above link . Topics - Russia has now declared all contracts to furnish oil and gas to other countries , null and void . -- War breaking out between Israel and Iran almost a certainty with it possibly pulling in a global conflict . --- Food crisis " famine " especially for European countries , plus other prepper concerns . The unprepared will not like this video . Videos don't get any more serious than this one .

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      If one studies history, one is in no way shocked by the potential for "perfect storms". Right now, the world is staring down a world-wide collapse of economies and cultures. This is going to be a pee your pants moment for all of those who've not prepared. Weak people are going to lose their minds.

Old Geezer, Jul 19, 2022
      poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    -- Guys here is a video on World War 3 , and the mad max existence . This guy I would definitely consider an expert on a Nuclear World War 3 . This video is long , about an hour long , but if you are like me within the first few minutes was hooked on what this guy was saying and sat there and watched the whole thing . --- The unprepared from what I have seen as an indicator , will simply deny that this could possibly be true . I for one though am a believer . My preps have been geared toward such an event . --- He and I are on the same reasoning path including the Chinese ground assault he discusses .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had to laugh this morning, there was a statement by the Russian overlords that they would Nuke England but leave Scotland and Wales alone, I guess they know less about nuclear weapons than I do and thats saying something, What about the Fallout Putin? LOL.
    these statements from the Russian Gangsters gets dafter and dafter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This means that they will go with mainly air-burst nukes that do not dredge-up irradiated earth and thus haven't anywhere near the fallout ground-bursts create. Because the USSA has so many missile silos, we will be in for hellish levels of fallout.

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2019/ph241/abbate2/

1. Old Geezer
      Also, England is a sea power. If Russia goes full bore kill, then they will primarily target Naval attack forces and Naval bases. The British Navy has nukes stored at a few sites and these would get a "digging" nuke and the fallout appertaining. Cities would get air bursts.

Russia has always planned on winning a nuclear war. Their land-mass is enormous. What lands they lost, they could replace by moving into the areas of Europe spared of radioactive fallout. They could send-in their own folk to these cleaner areas.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
      Old Geezer, Jul 20, 2022
      lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  28. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The truth is that a loooong time ago the proliferation of nuclear weapons made that sort of war a "nobody wins and everyone loses" war. In an all-out full bore nuclear exchange, there isn't going to be any place that will be truly untouched. The blast area will be a quick death while the rest of us will have to deal with a crushed world that VERY FEW people are going to be able to survive. The fall out will make the animals unfit to eat and the soil itself may be unsafe for agriculture for a long time.

People will survive. They will eat what is available and live shortened lives. Our modern civilization will be a memory because it is a VERY codependent sort of structure. With no fuels, the tractors will be stilled and there are nowhere near enough animals left for us to go back to that sort of farming.

I liked having a big garden for many years but even one that was 3/4 of an acre was only a small part of my food supply. I usually had peas, beans, corn, squash, peppers, and tomatoes. The corn was for corn on the cob and then when that was passed I pulled it up and planted something else that was a fast return sort of plant. This was a pretty large kitchen garden but was nowhere near enough to offer a long-term food source.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess it all depends on what kind of attack is used.
    an air burst would destroy a lot of the infrastructure but not contaminate the ground with fallout, where a surface blast would destroy everything including people. am I right?
    lets hope it dosent come to that, none of us needs an all out nuclear war.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Air burst would not kill enough people and there will be a lot of really p1ssed off survivors to deal with. Ground burst will kill off the population and also destroy a lot of infrastructure. I don't think the radiation will be the biggest killer but a nuclear winter will be the biggest determining factor for survival. How many years of food can be stored to outlast the winters, before any crops can be planted? nuclear WW3 will put millions of tons of debris into the atmosphere. It will cause major temperature drops, i.e. Ice Age. I have never seen a study that shows any safe spaces to deal with a global ice age. What warm blooded mammals will survive an extended ice age? What reptiles will survive an ice age? What birds will survive an ice age? Will there be some people who will survive, yes but not very many.

31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem isn't going to jst be the initial damage caused by the bombs blast zone. The real death count is going to be the colapse that will follow. Modern cities are not someplace that people can survive in for long without power and sevices. No power, no water and don't think that you are going to get in your car and leave. I have seen the insanity of even a partial evacuation and most of the people ended up sitting in their cars running the AC until their gas ran out. that ensured that even when things COULD move again they couldn't and so the miles long line behind them were stuck too.

People are stupid and in an emergency you see that in the endless insanity that people do. The greatest majority of people these days have almost no common sense. That means that they are going to be totally dependent and expecting others to take care of them and provide for them. What kind of idiot evacuates with a quarter tank of gas, a can of soda and a candy bar for each person and then gets in an endless line of stop and go trafic as people try to leave town??? I don't know where they came from but there were LOTS and LOTS of them.

I have seen a bumper to bumper 4 lane traffic jam that was STOPPED for two days that was 50 to 75 miles long. It took days and days after the storm to clear the roads. In an end of the world as we know it senario there won't ever be anyonne coming to sort the idiots out! I used to live in a place that I would have HAD to evacuate in the event of a nuclear exchange. We were a top ten target when I was young. We did leave during the Cuban Missile crisis.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I will revert back to the video that the expert made that is posted above . Like him I believe the aggressor will want to preserve as many buildings , bridges ,good fertile farm land , oil fields and any other things they covet . Therefore EMP attack will be a major strategy . Like him believe , their first strike will be ground bursts to take out military installations to reduce the ability to retaliate . The lack of the electrical grid from the EMP strikes will quickly reduce cites to masses ready to surrender as they for the most part are backboneless . No I don't believe it will be as bleak as some , as to this planet becoming a wasteland as they like to show on the Hollywood movies . -- As for as some's theory that China " would not " send in ground forces as they fear the armed citizens of the U.S. . I disagree , they may have to sit back a few months are even a few years before sending in the troops waiting for the " Golden Time " . When the people are hungry enough and humiliated enough that they wouldn't put up much of a fight when Trucks of food are being handed out by the invaders . -- Have you ever wondered why the Democrats in the U.S. encourage homosexuality , even within the military and now beginning with small children . These mentally messed up people by the very nature of them would roll over and give up without much of a fight . It appears to me this homosexual agenda is for the purpose of destroying the masculine fiber to defend the U.S. .--- Of course all of this is just my opinion . -- The bottom line is , there would be a LOT of land not destroyed and quite livable . It is just a matter of having the fortitude and the correct preps in place and being ready for such an event .

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess it is different where you live. I actually have several gay friends and one familly member. We go shooting together pretty often and there isn't but one out of about 8 that would fit your description. I've never been bothered by gay people. They are born that way just like some people are white, some are brown, and some are black. I don't judge people by general impressions. Of the people that I know you would not know it by how they look or act. The ones that make a sceene out of how they act are seeking atention and would most likely do it if they were straight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The express purpose of air bursts is to take out populations. A military cannot count on the pattern of fallout.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    obviously you are correct as that type of individual would not be tolerated in my area . They would simply disappear either on their own accord or with help from the MEN folks . I did hear of one such fellow , but as I said he has disappeared .

36. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here there would be a real question about exactly WHO disapeared never to be seen again. A country redneck queer is a totally different critter from a city sissy gay boy. I have several gay friends and honestly I might be willing to help them disapear the body if someone tried to harm them. I have ZERO patience with bigots whether it is racial , nationality, or sexual preferance.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This World War 3 discussion seems to have pulled out some interesting comments from our members . What I am not seeing is the plans from preppers on how they plan to survive it . Perhaps I am the only one with an optimistic outlook of such an event as I really wasn't bull sh--ing about my tribe and me would enjoy a depopulated planet . We have no need for other survivors except with the exception of having new blood from other survivors for the creating of new lives upon the planet .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I made my plans years ago and acted on them. I moved from a major target area to the woods and am well settled in. The people here are pretty hardy and there are a lot of survivalist sorts here. Between gardens, hunting, fishing, and thousands of head of livestock in the fields near me food is taken care of. I an well armed and sort of off the beaten track. I won't last long but my family should be able to ride out the storm. Small towns tend to pull together or have in the past.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    an all out nuclear war is not survivable in a country the size of Britain.
    I dont really see an air blast being used, a pissed off enemy would not be so lenient, it would be a ground burst for all the big cities and fallout for all the rest, a nuclear winter would kill off all those who survived the blasts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    how exactly does an AIR burst take out populations?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nuclear air burst works kind of like when you stomp a bug!!! It kills people without totally destroying the structures and infrastructure. A pressure wave like that is just more than the human body can survive.

42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought an air burst was the other way around, destroys the infrastructure but not the people.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  44. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's another useful article

https://thereader.mitpress.mit.edu/devastating-effects-of-nuclear-weapons-war/

"The blast wave from an air burst reflects off the ground, which enhances its destructive power. A ground burst, in contrast, digs a huge crater and pulverizes everything in the immediate vicinity, but its blast effects don’t extend as far. Nuclear attacks on cities would probably employ air bursts, whereas ground bursts would be used on hardened military targets such as underground missile silos."

"air burst A nuclear explosion detonated at an altitude—typically, thousands of feet—that maximizes blast damage. Because its fireball never touches the ground, an air burst produces less radioactive fallout than a ground burst."

"The blast wave is over in a minute or so, but the immediate destruction may not be. Fires started by the thermal flash or by blast effects still rage, and under some circumstances they may coalesce into a single gigantic blaze called a firestorm that can develop its own winds and thus cause the fire to spread. Hot gases rise from the firestorm, replaced by air rushing inward along the surface at hundreds of miles per hour. Winds and fire compound the blast damage, and the fire consumes enough oxygen to suffocate any remaining survivors."

"Fallout differs greatly depending on whether a weapon is exploded at ground level or high in the atmosphere. In an air burst, the fireball never touches the ground, and radioactivity rises into the stratosphere. This reduces local fallout but enhances global fallout. In a ground burst, the explosion digs a huge crater and entrains tons of soil, rock, and other pulverized material into its rising cloud. Radioactive materials cling to these heavier particles, which drop back the ground in a relatively short time. Rain may wash down particularly large amounts of radioactive material, producing local hot spots of especially intense radioactivity. A hot spot in Albany, New York, thousands of miles from the 1953 Nevada test that produced it, exposed area residents to some 10 times their annual background radiation dose. The exact distribution of fallout depends crucially on wind speed and direction; under some conditions, lethal fallout may extend several hundred miles downwind of an explosion. However, it’s important to recognize that the lethality of fallout quickly decreases as short-lived isotopes decay."

"A single large weapon exploded some 200 miles over the central United States could blanket the entire country with an electromagnetic pulse intense enough to damage computers, communication systems, and other electronic devices. It could also affect satellites used for military communications, reconnaissance, and attack warning."

---------------------------------------------------

Ground bursts would be better called "digger bombs", these are only used for hard-targets such as military base bunkers and missile silos. These produce a fallout streak that is determined by the prevailing winds. The fallout can be distributed in a streak pattern or a wedge pattern. The fallout distribution is determined by how much mass was dredged up and the weather patterns / wind direction.

Air bursts create shock waves capable of destroying buildings and thus, people. Those people who manage to survive will have major injuries. Many will also have burn injuries, because before the shock wave arrives, the oven-hot thermal radiation will arrive (this level of infrared light will bake a human if they are not protected, their skin comes off). The kill effect with these is in ALL directions.

Neutron bombs (a special category) kill people (and electronic devices), but leave buildings intact. These weapons are detonated well above the surface of the Earth to maximize its kill radius. The reason for using them is that the radiation levels drop precipitously and thus allow an invading army to take cities wherein the people have been irradiated to death. These bombs do not make structures radioactive. Human bodies would have to be moved but they may take longer to rot if the bacteria has also been killed. Eventually of course, the bacteria win.

46. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I made the mistake of thinking air burst and EMP were the same thing, they obviously are not, I realise that now.
    I assume an air burst will cover a greater area than say a ground burst but wont have the same fallout because it dosent touch the ground.
    was watching a tv program about Hiroshima last night, the city was wiped off the face of the earth and 80,000 people died, that was about one third of the population, about the same number died later of radiation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      All of this nuclear war sh## is one dirty stinky topic. Not letting it play in one's mind is something to be recommended to all. Me, my life made me pay attention to "things that could go wrong." Lucky for me, I put this to use back when I worked in Quality Control (for two decades and those were two decades ago, funny that). I got paid to find bugs and boo-boos before equipment got out into the field. Bugs in industrial equipment get people killed ... routinely so. We preppers know that the inattention of the masses is going to get a bunch (most?) of them killed. Blind people walking towards a cliff without their canes -- my voice has grown hoarse. Screaming at the doomed seems not to help anyone.

Old Geezer, Jul 23, 2022
      paul m likes this.
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Why Do South American Drug Runners Keep Getting Caught With Uranium?"

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/uranium/

"As Russia, China, and other nations hostile to the US boost their presence within South America, should it come as a surprise to find uranium being trafficked by South American drug runners?

"The current rulers of Venezuela exhibit openly close and strong ties with countries like Iran. It is not just a question of if they will build warheads with nuclear capabilities. Maybe they even already have them.

"Anyone believing that they will not dare to use these warheads is wrong. The way a theocracy thinks is much different from our Western approach to life. Eleven thousand virgins are waiting.

"Venezuela, showing a growing hostile attitude towards the USA and the West, has collaborated actively with the Iranian theocracy for over ten years.

"Bolivia too has been on the Iranian radar for a long time as well.

"Since 2006, at least. Bolivia’s strong man, Evo Morales, is another hardcore communist line in the region and holds a strong hate speech line against “Yankee Imperialism.” And Bolivia is rich in uranium and lithium, both considered strategic materials.

"There are basically about six main areas where uranium is located there. While not all of these reservoirs are easily accessible, those easier to exploit are in the region of Tachira, a frontier area under the control of the socialist party and Cojedes. The other regions need access by air, using helicopters. Interestingly, the last studies of the radioactive levels of the mines started in 2019. Since 1998, not even one official position for the exploitation and peaceful use of this material went public.

"The concerning part is that there is no possible way to know how much uranium is being extracted, traded, and where it is going/has gone.

"Even common criminals here have been detained for uranium trafficking. These are people without any training or special gear. They possessed drugs for dealing, too. Uranium was just the icing on the cake for them. How many people are trafficking these materials? Is there any way to find this out? How is uranium trafficking even possible?

"This is not the sole incident either. In March 2020, six men in Venezuelan were detained for uranium trafficking as well.

"If a soft approach continues, the consequences for the West could be catastrophic.

"The lax positioning of the US politicians is unbelievable.

"The threat is a real one. It is there and will not go anywhere unless severe actions start to show the world will not tolerate a nuclear Iran."

48. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I recall not that long ago some of our members taking up the statement that there would never be a World War Three with nukes as that would assure mutual destruction . Thankfully some of those clinging to that hope are beginning to realize that such a statement is like a drowning man grasping at a floating straw for support . -- Our latest potential World War Three , most of you probably know and it isn't Ukraine . The United States's evil Nancy Pelosi and a few of her chosen political friends have made plans to fly into and land in Taiwan . Along for the trip according to a news outlet will be escorting U.S. fighter jets to shoot down any Chinese jets that they may deem necessary . China has vowed if they proceed with this plan the consequences will be severe . Some think Nancy and friends will chicken out after China's threat and others think Nancy will not want to back down at this point . Well she is right now either enroute or in this region of the planet as I type this . --- This kind of crap is why preppers need to take prepping to the level of facing a Nuclear World War Three .

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    funny, I read yesterday that that trip was cancelled.

paul m and TMT Tactical like this.
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont believe there will never be a WW3, but an all out nuclear war is something else, that will be all over in half an hour and all human life will have ceased to exist.

TMT Tactical likes this.