Would You Live In A Bunker Complex For The Rest Of Your Life?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I read about a really expensive underground "condo apartment" (since it's about a hundred different houses) located inside a silo, that can withstand earthquakes, has its own ventilation and water filtration, garden, etc; and you can be sure you can live out any disaster there easily. But one, it's incredibly expensive. Two, it's fairly far from the city (it's in the US I think) and in case of a disaster, you'll have to drive to the countryside to get in. So wouldn't the obvious choice be that you have to live there for the rest of your life? I mean, you already bought it, what's the point of having it if you're not gonna use it?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    If I am that serious with a bunker as to have one constructed then I would have the firm resolve to live in it. Let's say the bunker is situated near a desert, that would be challenging enough to make living there more exciting. And to think that the bunker comes complete with facilities like water collection system and filter then that bunker deserves to be a homem

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    These bunkers are there so you can survive a major SHTF situation. That is ALL they are for. Once that SHTF situation has been resolved, then hopefully you can go back to normal living. IF this situation is a nuclear strike, then you will be in that bunker for a long time, possibly the rest of your life. Yes, if I were to have access to such a bunker, & it required me to live there permanently, then I hope I would have the fortitude to stick it out.
    Keith.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think I could live in a bunker for the rest of my life, I need fresh air and to feel the sun on my body, i'd probably get claustrophobia after a while.

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I saw this movie with that premise. There's an apparent disaster that made the air and the earth's surface uninhabitable, leading them to staying inside an underground bunker for months. They've fought against themselves as to whether they should venture out into the outside world to check - and risk opening their air sealed door. Trust and doubt was the common theme of the story, and if I were them I'd rather stay inside and use up all the supplies (they had 2 years worth of sustenance) before I even attempt to check the outside world for any survivors or damage.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not bothered about (other) survivors and the only reason I would live in a bunker is if there is an all out nuclear war, every other scenario is liveable and survivable above ground.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The only way I would be in a "bunker" for more than six months or so would be if it was my coffin!

lonewolf likes this.