Wow...i Did Not Have A Clue Until She Told Me..

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Jul 23, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

• I occasionally see a woman who spent some time in jail ....and took her to breakfast today.

We had been at our family graveyard early this morning and before the heat got up with my electric weed eater and were cleaning up the graves.

After completing that task, we stopped at a local restaurant and had breakfast.

This restaurant was run by a number of ex cons...and I don't have any problem with them and had eaten there several times...and enjoyed it.

I was wearing a blue bandanna around my forehead to keep the sweat out of my eyes and sometimes I will switch to a red bandanna.

The guys behind the counter were sort of looking at me funny and I made note of it.

My lady friend told me that blue is the color of a gang called the Crips...and that is why they were looking at me oddly. She told me also that a red bandanna is the colors of another gang called the Bloods.

None of this information was I at all familiar.....but now thanks to my lady friend I am.

I buy around here mostly blue or red bandannas as sweat bands at the local Wal Mart.....not for gang colors.

I am also told that these gangs are on the rise round here.

I just wanted to pass that on to the members here if, like me, they were not familiar with that information's concerning colors of certain gangs. There is more to it ...but that is a start.

I am not in favor of such gang activity and consider it two-legged wildlife..

I am usually carrying my Ruger GP 100 when out on the street and sometimes switching it out with my .45 ACP Charles Daley or my Kimber...as it was so today..but not looking for any trouble.

At the same time, I am recognizing that I may have caused those people some angst and even possibly putting them in a hazardous position by wearing that bandanna.

I shall speak and apologize to them at that establishment about my new found knowledge....as well as any anxiety I may have caused them.

I shall remember that from now on.

• You members do what you must with that information.

• Watcherchris
      Not an Ishmaelite.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    l do not like two-legged wildlife and hope never to so become....but at the same time this may be an important distinction or information for the members here to know...in their travels about towns and cities across this country.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not to be disparaging in any way, but I'd say over 70% of the population knows. We older folk learn about these "interesting" defects in our crumbling society every so often. Me, I've done a lot of reading about gangs -- their origins, their behavioral patterns. But the bandana thing is in the news too often. People have gotten shot for sweating in the summer heat and pulling out a bandana of the wrong color in the wrong place.

I ALWAYS have a bandana with me -- just as is the case with my lock-blade flick-open knives. I sweat. If I get cut, I bleed. Worst case, I see someone requiring an arm or lower leg tourniquet, I've got my bandana. These bandana uses do not discriminate based on the color of the bandana I've got in my back pocket. Just sitting here in my home office, I've got my bandana (and a gun or two). In my car, I've got one heavy toolkit.

We preppers are actually a different breed. I was born into a prepper family, a.k.a. poverty. Add to that, from early childhood, I've seen a lot of bad things to include seeing people die / getting killed. I am acutely aware that during what you imagine to be a respite from "the bad things", bad things come out of nowhere.

With the above life-view in mind, I'm going to put in my back pocket whatever color of bandana that happens to be on top in my dresser drawer.

Watcher C., I imagine you do the same.

If I'm shot at, I will return fire.

Watcher C., I imagine that you too would return "leaden favors".

upload_2022-7-23_13-29-35.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Festivities at the lake"

Oh and this was "gun violence". "Misguided" "youth" have little or nothing to do with the violence. If we could only ban 130 year old technology, the violence would go away. Such is the case in Sweden where there is no gang violence. The Swedes made guns and grenades illegal, therefore no gang violence occurs there.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    growing up and living in a city for all those years one learns to "watch your back", keep an eye out and watch what is going on around us, which is not what many people do these days with their noses pressed firmly to their mobile's screen.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Reloaded some 136 rounds of .38 Special ammunition last weekend and have it on the ready line.

Stopped by one of my reloading stores to check out supplies and bought a box of 500 cast lead semi wad cutter bullets. They had no powder or primers available...

I also have some repairs to do on one of my scooters as a plastic cover has broken and this one covers the radiator...and hence I need it repaired in particular should he radiator not be damaged. I will wind up ordering one but no problem. I have other scooter to ride to and fro work...if need be. Also a car and a truck too.

Repaired one of my chairs here in the living room as two dowel pins had broken and my lady friend helped me with that. Hand fitted two new dowel pins and had to carefully drill out the olde ones. Yellow wood clue applied and pieces refitted and clamped while the glue dries. I will shortly find out if my repairs were sat...as I will be taking this chair for a test ride. We shall see if I wind up flat on my Donkey!!!!

Expect it to rain later today ..should cool things off a bit. Understand my English Friends and members are having very hot days as well as in places in Europe. I don't envy them that as I don't believe many have air conditioning.

I don't have air conditioning up here in my Radio Room/Man Cave but I was not raised in said Air Conditioning and can manage with a fan....or two.

Back to work now...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Ystranc
      A couple of days around 95F but not too bad because I just siesta when it gets like that, I do all of my heavy work in the early hours of the morning. We’re back to normal now and we’ve even had some gentle rain.

Ystranc, Jul 26, 2022
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ordered some smokeless gun powder --- H335 and H4350, one pound each, as there was a limit. Still hunting Varget and Alliant 15.5 along with assorted magnum primers. I am good on brass and bullets. I have installed a EC Tuner Brake on my 223 and will hopefully start tuning it next week. I will reload 100 more 223 rounds for the tuning session. Just received another 1,000 rounds of 22Lr. Once I get the 223 tuned, I will purchase another EC Tuner Brake and install it on the Ruger Precision Rimfire. Later as funds and reloading components become more available, I will install an EC Tuner Brake on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I will update as I get the tuning process completed.

watcherchris likes this.
    1. Ystranc
      Do you think you’ll see much benefit from a muzzle brake on a .22lr? I’ve absolutely no experience of competitive target shooting or bench rest shooting and I’d be really interested in your results. I mainly use a silencer which also has an effect on recoil but it’s so slight it’s difficult for me to discern.

Ystranc, Jul 26, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We're off onto the target of reloading. Oh well ...

I'm really tired right now and could make mental errors.

Don't need a muzzle break on a .22 LR. One wishes a bull barrel so that there will be no deformation of the barrel even if warm. A heavy barrel also negates recoil.

There are differences between a target barrel/chamber and a regular/standard barrel/receiver. It's not just the barrel weight. A target chamber for the .22 LR is shorter, such that the bullet is right up against the rifling when the cartridge is chambered. This results in higher pressures. Well, target .22 LR ammo isn't loaded as hot as a lot of / most high velocity game load, therefore greater pressure brings the target load pressures only up to that which would be seen in high vel loads. Regular chambers allow the bullet to jump to the rifling. This reduces accuracy. So what. Hunting usually doesn't require competition accuracy. The jump-to-rifling keeps pressures down with high velocity loads = safety = rifle and handgun manufactures don't get sued by scummy lawyers.

Note that a rifle or handgun with a bull barrel does NOT mean that it has a target chamber. Most commercially available firearms with bull barrels don't have target chambers. Don't shoot high velocity ammo in true target rifles and handguns. This causes too much pressure.

Tell you the truth, killing squirrels, rabbits, and paper targets doesn't require high velocity .22 ammo in the first place. Truly high vel hollow point .22 LR ammo is really great at destroying edible meat. Dead is dead. Standard velocity ammo killed game for how many decades before the fancy crap came along! It's the shooter's / hunter's ability, not gimmicks.

When reloading center-fire ammo for maximum accuracy, one seats the bullet out to touch the rifling. This is another topic and there are techniques to accomplish this without blowing-up your barrel. Too long of a topic to discuss here.

1. Ystranc
      I use 40gr subsonic hollow point or segmented ammunition in mine, it gives a tiny bullet a bit more stability and stopping power compared to the high velocity which often just goes strait through small game without expanding but makes a messy exit wound.

Ystranc, Aug 18, 2022
  8. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ystranc,Today at 2:44 PM
    Do you think you’ll see much benefit from a muzzle brake on a .22lr? I’ve absolutely no experience of competitive target shooting or bench rest shooting and I’d be really interested in your results. I mainly use a silencer which also has an effect on recoil but it’s so slight it’s difficult for me to discern.

The EC Tuner Brake is not to mitigate the recoil but to tune the barrel harmonics to the ammo being shot. The 22lr does not need a muzzle brake, as the the recoil is minimal to non-existent. I could get the EC tuner without the brake but I would also have to purchase an adapter, which drives the cost back up to the price of the Tuner with a muzzle brake. I have tested the EC Tuner Brake on my Ruger Precision Rimfire and it cut the group size from .704" to .263" at 25 yards (tuning distance). I do not use match grade ammo. I typically shoot Aquila Super Extra, 40 Grain, plated round nose ammo. I am not a competition shooter, except against myself. My challenge is to see just how small a group I can consistently shoot. That applies to all my rifles. Work to develop accurate reloads, then tuning my rifles to the reloads ammo. After that, it is up to me.

watcherchris and Ystranc like this.
  9. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    A quarter inch group sounds pretty impressive to me TMT, you’re obviously doing something right.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I own a Ruger Government MK II heavy barreled target pistol.....this model here..

20200627175236-5865.jpg (1200×900) (gunauction.com)

And I am here to tell you...it is an incredibly accurate pistol for a .22 long rifle.

Agree.....high velocity ammo is not really needed for many applications and over the years have determined it is mostly a sales gimmick. You members make up your own mind. Hyper velocity does not make up for good shooting skillsl/knowledge..... black powder shooting taught that lesson to me.

I have been very pleased with that pistol right out of the box...and see alot of them extensively modified and or adapted up at the gun club.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Mine has a tapered barrel. I put target grips on it to take advantage of the target sights. I've had mine for over 40 years. I've put heaven-only-knows how many thousands of rounds through it.

Old Geezer, Aug 19, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The 22 Lr is vastly under rated. While I do own high power firearms. I am partial to my Ruger precision Rimfire. Low cost ammo and it will get the job done, if I do my part, in most cases. Proper shot placement and proper target selection. I never plan to take my 22 Lr out to hunt bears. LOL

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The lowly 22 rimfire has probably put more meat on tables than any other round. It may not always be the BEST choice but it gets the job done. I think that it is in part that people seem to be able to shoot a much better group than they do with stronger and louder rounds. There aren't many critters that a perfictly placed shot won't drop.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      People forget this. Rifle manufacturers make lots of money off of incompetent hunters who imagine that if they "just had a powerful enough rifle" they would drop more game -- total and absolute B.S..

Old Geezer, Aug 20, 2022
    2. Old Geezer
      As for shotguns, why go overkill?!!! Small game doesn't need any cannon to end their days. My 20 ga. shotgun put game on the table for heaven's sake. Too much power = too much ruined meat.

Old Geezer, Aug 20, 2022
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yep. What do poachers use?

Answer = Spotlights and .22 rimfire rifles. We all know this to be true.

Hunters in days past only had standard velocity .22 rimfires. They do the job. They are quiet. Just think about how many .22 shorts and longs did the deed (NOT "high velocity" "long rifle" ammo). Learning how to hunt and shoot puts food on the table. Hundreds of years of history proves this to be true.

Aligators? Good'ol'boys use the .22 magnum rim-fire. Center-fire high-power rifles? NO.

Competent hunters do NOT use bazookas.

Overkill = ruined meat and ruined hides.

I know that my kin only used that which was necessary. And too, post-SHTF, do you really want to notify the entire county that you just dropped some critter for your supper table tonight?!

Oh hell no!

Ladybugmo and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There is also the matter of cost, .22LR has to be one of the cheapest… if not the cheapest round that money can buy. I doubt that you can even get near reloading a centre fire round for the price of a .22LR round. I use CCI segmented these days which costs a little more but if I buy the much cheaper Eley subsonic hollow point they only cost a few pennies each.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Air rifles and 22 Lr are the best for continued practice and small game. I use both to keep my skills up and stay proficient. My center fire weapons are for much larger critters. While I do reload, there is no price comparison. A hundred rounds of reloaded 223 will cost between $40 and $50. A hundred rounds of 22 Lr. will cost about $8.00 to $9.00. It is even lower for my PCP air rifle. 100 rounds cost about $6.00. Practice makes perfect and shooting skills will diminish over time if not used. I shoot a minimum of four times a month and more if not too busy. Air rifles will not forgive a shooters poor skills. Breathing, trigger control and repeatable positioning is critical to proficient shooting and practice is required to maintain these skills. The 22 Lr is a very good way to afford to being able to maintain these skills.

Ystranc likes this.