Wsj Article Applicable To Msf.com

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Pragmatist, May 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm hoping this is the best place to tell of an article with quality theme for those here.

Can'y hyperlink it because not registered with WSJ and usually rely on their refined pulp from trees version.

In the weekend Saturday/Sunday 18-19 May 2019 issue, is an article in the section "The Intelligent Investor" by Jason Zwig. The article is titled "Your Caveman Brain Isn't Built For Investing - Evolution has sensitized humans to danger whether it's a hungry bear or a bear market". Article introduced about research by economics Nobel Prize Prof from Yale Univ. A couple of excerpts:

"One plausible explanation: In general, negative events sear themselves into the human mind more deeply than positive outcomes do. Mr Market gets inside your head."

"Over the millennia, evolution has sensitized humans to danger: 'Imagine that you're a caveman and saw a horrible mauling by a bear on a certain path,'..That will stick in your mind and you will tend to think 'I'm going to avoid that path even if the bear isn't there anymore'. A path with delicious fruit will also stick in your mind but that's not important as your survival, so it's not as memorable."

I belong to a couple of "clubs" / "orgs" that shares pertinent material via meetings, meals, email (but mostly not) and much snail mail. Recently the cost of snail mail was reduced - repeat: reduced. When you send the second ounce, the entire envelope gets the subsidy. Yes, I know it's a racket - but the info gets distributed whether we use the subsidy or companies like Walmart and Target do.

Hopefully above Wall Street Journal info of some value to those who take all this serious.

TMT Tactical likes this.