Wuhan Infection Arrived In Thailand

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Pragmatist, Jan 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/asia/wuhan-virus-questions-intl-hnk/index.html

Good morning all,

I'm posting this article here under the auspices of the subhead's "or other away from civilization scenarios...". Actually before a SHTF calamity, this area's medical facilities are supersaturated and in effect not available. It's a YOYO situation. I've been trying to address this weak link of mine for some time now and, so far, failure.

If interested in worrying about mass infections, the article allows for appropriate worry.

For the private citizen prepper/survivalist, we can glean from the article something to address: "issue of food supply".

Don't mix up the article's "the WHO" with a song group. They're different organizations.

Obtaining drinking water from the ocean or scaring away snakes is now so basic, it's like the children sharpening the pioneer tools around the wagon train's camp fire. The BIG matter to address is personal health.

Prep, prep, prep to be a survivalist
    and always
    factor in safety

Justin Baker and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Who are a lot more than just a "song group".
    The Asian region is always having infections, most of it from how the ordinary peasants live, are usually confined within the countries borders.
    worth watching how it progresses but only out of (mild) interest.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Lonewolf,

Yes, indeed, the area is always having infections. The US view is that it's less about the "ordinary peasants" and much more so getting generated from the HUGE pig farms in Guangdong (Canton Province; just north of HK). Of course, the "locals" /ordinary peasants (cleaner and in better health than areas of Virginia).

I used to live there before retiring. On a return trip back here for some business matters, Madam Prag and I tested positive for SARS. She had a mild case and got cured - by going somewhere else than here for medical care. Mine was a false positive. Apparently I built up immunity. ... I wouldn't go even near a farm there... won't even walk on an airport tarmac if 20 years prior it was a farm.

Here, too, my interest is "mild" - because my prep already and fully addresses health care "concerns" when Hades breaks lose.
    My prep weakness is health care.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there was an Asian "bird flu" epidemic a while back, mainly because the birds were in and out of the houses where their owners lived, its a lifestyle thing.
    it was thought that the domesticated birds would pass it on to the wild birds who would migrate to the UK so there was a bit of a panic for awhile.
    I live in an area that was the centre of the "foot and mouth" epidemic in 2001-before we moved here. we drove through here at the time and it was strange to see empty fields.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Just as dangerous - some say worst - as epidemics are the related panics.

Above is good info,

Prep for these infectious diseases like bird flu are my major survival "weakness".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    any infectious diseases like those mentioned ever reach these shores and I go into total personal isolation until the thing has run its course.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

My exact plans also !

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Rebecca,

Appreciate above link.

Here is the US CDC's latest update as of 16 January: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html

The second paragraph's "Global Initiative On Sharing All Influenza Data" means cordial and mutually-friendly relationships by the Initiative's participants. Scary ! ...... unless all other matters, eg tariffs, etc are satisfactory.

My prep weakness here is health maintenance for us.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.