Your Choice Of Weapons, Are They Practical?

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Keith H., Oct 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I read about something called a tactical pen and I carry one with me everywhere. These are pens made of hard aluminum and can be driven into a block of ice. You can even take it on board a plane.

I also have Red Sabre mace with me. Granted I know some people are immune to it, but better than nothing.

I don't carry... the Gov F's want a massive fee and your fingerprints. Forgetaboutit.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is the thing that most people, especially liberals and people that live in places that heavily restrict gun ownership and use. Guns are TOOLS. They are like hammers. There are hundreds of different kinds and each was someones attempt to create a tool to meet a specific need. There is no one gun that is best to do all things. In places like where I live, people hunt...a LOT. You don't hunt flying birds with a 22 rifle and a bigger caliber won't make that rifle choice any better. You don't usually hunt deer at long distances of over 150 yards with a shotgun.

People in Texas hunt Deer, antelope, hogs, some big cats in a few places, rabbits, squirrels, Nutrea, doves, quail, ducks, geese, alligators and a bunch of exotic critters. Then a lot of us go to other places in the US to hunt Bears in three types, Elks, Moose and assorted other birds that we don't have here. I personally know a few that have taken the full range of African beasts.

Then you have the people that spend a fortune in the various gun-related sporting competitions like skeet, trap Silluete, combat shooting from one gun to three gun competition, Pen shooting (think bowling with a handgun) and just plain target shooting and plinking.

Each of these many pastimes uses a different sort of gun. You don't drive nails with a sledgehammer and don't use a tack hammer to beat metal into shape. We have a lot of guns in part because we have so many gun-related sports here. We have lots of public lands and even people that are not rich can hunt here.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I read that the Army is going with the 6.8 mm round from Remington

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine....army-serious-about-fielding-6-8-caliber-round

Whereas I can be an old stick-in-the-mud, I'm delighted to hear that the Army is going with a far superior round to the 5.56.

Decades ago, a friend of mine tried to make me a believer in the 6.5 Swedish Mauser round. It didn't take much persuading. This cartridge and this caliber are wondrous. The 6.5 / 6.8 diameter bullets hit the "sweet spot". These bullets have the necessary heft with a ballistic coefficient that is sublime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.8mm_Remington_SPC

I love the .308, however this 6.8 SPC is gonna replace it. Were I young, there is absulutely no question in my mind that I would standardize on the 6.8. The 6.5 Creedmoor is another superior cartridge -- its case length comes in just under 2 inches (a bit longer than the 6.8 SPC). For modern semi-auto and full-auto weapons the case length of the 6.5 Swede is simply too long.

However for a fast bolt and full-horse power, give me a .303 Enfield. I love that I can feed two stripper clips into an Enfield mag and have me 10 rnds in a bolt in 5 seconds. That wood furniture up front is indeed bulky, however you'll not burn the flesh off your hand by touching a hot barrel. And, aperture sights are near and dear to my heart.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If one is afraid of going to jail in a country where the people are raped out of Liberty, then I've an idea.

3e89f1e7e7c476f9a7aa219d1a97391a.jpeg

Get a heavy steel wheel-lock. As a billy-club, it will break heavy bones (even a femur) and heads. I love mine. It's original purpose I like. If questioned as to why you have one in your car, just tell the truth, to lock your steering wheel to help prevent theft. If a person puts their hand inside your car, well then their hand could get crushed. Can use it like a battering ram or swing it like a club. Post SHTF, you can then get out of your car and turn their skull into raspberry pudding.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The spring-loaded window punch is good to keep in your car. In emergencies, windows need to be blown out. Get somebody out of a burning car. Your car goes off the road into a lake, but you have electric windows -- bust'em with a punch.

And a punch can be driven into a man's hand. Or use a heavy scratch awl on an aggressive human. Thumb over the bulbous top and drive with your triceps; use all of your pushup muscles so that you bring to bear well over 100 lbs of force. You can stab backwards into somebody's groin. Pop those femoral arteries and veins. Rip their genitals or anus. You'll at least get their attention ... until they bleed out.

BIG channel-lock pliers (set to the narrowest gap between handles) work like a hammer on bones and skulls. Swing it like a hammer. Hey, it's just a tool, right!

https://www.thefirestore.com/store/...MI-5OXt9yS4gIVmkoNCh0r6wrREAQYBCABEgIQx_D_BwE

3e89f1e7e7c476f9a7aa219d1a97391a.png

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you like short clubs, get a kid's bat and nail / screw-on razor blades to the bat end so if somebody grabs that end to try to wrest it away, you can jerk it back and cut the veins, nerves, and tendons in their hands.

You can drill and put a longgggggg bolt through the length of the bat so as to keep the bat from snapping. Use a washer and nut to tighten. Can wrap the head of the bat with wire to keep it together when it starts to shatter.

Wrap the handle with cloth electrical tape for traction. Blood is slick before it dries. Might want to wear fish-grabbing gloves. "Hold on boys! It's gonna get messy!"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Turbodc2

Turbodc2 Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    I don't think the 6.8 spc will be replacing the 308 for dmr/sniper work. It will be the 6.5 Creedmoor as it is superior to both rounds.

I doubt they will be replacing the 5.56 in the military any time soon though. There are far to many benefits to using it at this point to switch.