Your Covered In Sh!t......because You Missed Seeing It Hit The Fan.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Sourdough, Oct 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have noticed that things are happening faster and faster now. There seems to be zero resistance or push'back to this accelerating "Change". I guess where I want to go with this thread is, do you or are you noticing the little bits of shit hitting the fan pointed in your "Personal" direction......????????

No......not the huge truckloads of shit, but the early projectiles of shit that foretell the big and maybe fatal "Dump". The past five months I have been getting hit with the early spray of shit hitting the fan. Yes.......I will admit that at first I was in denial, (this is no big deal) then in a state of "Stunned" and ever so slowly was compelled to confront the stark reality of being downwind of the SHTF.

Sorry........I am not going to post all of my drama but I'll post a small tiny part of it. A part that I simply at first dismissed as, "well that is not a big deal", it likely will not effect me "Directly". And if it did, surely I can overcome that problem (Note here my foolish arrogance).

Warning: Your going to think, "dude your just a big sissy, that is not a serious concern". True, I agree, but my point is that it is part of the early spray of the SHTF. And acknowledging that is a key to survival, and the failure to acknowledge could be fatal. Especially with other early warnings, or shit spray in the face.

Morgan101, Sonofliberty and Caribou like this.
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    So......my latest clue that the brown stuff, being sprayed on my face is not tasty chocolate.

I'll not bore you with the backstory, but the Alaska government has been slashing the budget. And sadly it brought in "dipstick" budget director from the lower 48, with near zero grasp of the reality of life in Alaska. And in my opinion took a broad brush to cutting things that are critical to some peoples survival.

I have posted on my profile that I live on the Kenai Peninsula, of Alaska. It can't be denied that Los'Anchorage, Alaska is the core or heart of Alaska (I consider it the Black Heart), but it is still the core of Alaska.

So our "Over'Rulers" slashed the budget for The Dept. of Transportation, they are charged with many tasks, only one of which is maintaining the roads. That includes snow removal to keep highways passable.

Now to get from the "Kenai Peninsula" area of Alaska to Los'Anchorage, you must travel through "TWO" mountain passes. Both Summit Lake Pass and Turnagain Pass can get (4) four or more feet of snow in a few hours, especially at night. So it was some shit spray in the face from a SHTF dump, to realize that the Dept. of Transportation will no longer remove snow in these mountain passes in the night time, because of budget cuts. I'll not go into the ramifications of having the "ONLY" road closed for several days in a medical emergency.

Yes........this is a long and rambling, and boring post. But my point is that we need to see the early spray of the preverbal "SHIT" hitting us in the face. Being in denial, or arrogant could be fatal.

I think this thread will likely be viewed as the silly rambling of an "Old'Fool".

3. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    These cuts have also affected the Alaska Marine highway. You don't get snow removal at night but Southeast has their road rolled up. I like his cutting budgets but the roads are the primary job of the government. I'd rather that he cut more of the giveaway programs.

4. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree and I also am in favor of balancing Alaska's budget; However I don't support the choices they are making to achieve that goal.

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Basic budget 101. Cut the stuff people really need/ want. Then they will not scream as loud when you raise the taxes. Don't cut the stuff they won't miss, because they won't let you increase the taxes.

6. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    So in a SHTF what are you going to do with zero govt to clear those passes or roads any time of day or night or ever again?

7. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    get a tucker sno cat and screw the roads

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  8. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:

That would be "SUPER WONDERFUL" in a post SHTF time period. The goal of this thread......is that one needs to notice everything, and assess it's remote possible consequences, "Especially" just prior to the SHTF. It will be a given that we will be on ultra high alert to negative ramifications post SHTF..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  9. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Sourdough, you have a SnoCat squirreled away in one of your stashes?

10. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    No.....Just Ski-Doo Super Wide Track. The point is that it is a given that people will die this winter on that extremely isolated stretch of the Seward Highway. Actually people have already died in that pass this winter. The ambulances have stated they will not roll, if the road is not maintained.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  11. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Shit has been being spooned at us for years now. The flingers just got smarter years ago and realized people resist quick change. So, now bad things happen slowly so people don't resist.

My points of interest:
    1. The National Firearms Act
    2. Prohibition Act (still active for "illegal" narcotics)
    3. Pure food and drug act (Go buy milk from a farmer)
    4. The Patriot Act (Been to an airport lately)
    5. I think that makes my point.
    Our government is smoke and mirrors, as are most governments. Unfortunately, the sheep of society vote and don't mind being told what to do and how to live. So Shit continues to be spread.

There is a reason I think a TEOTWAWKI event would be good in the end.

Dale

12. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The point being to notice the little things. Dismiss nothing as "Unimportant".

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  13. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Interestingly most political upheaval sneaks in almost unnoticed. By the time folks are aware it is already happening. I suspect this is because the changes are gradual and in sync with the mood of the people. I give you the example of Nazi Germany - in the late twenties who might have thought where it would end up?

Dalewick, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Benjamin Franklin

So aptly stated 200+ years ago. When you hear many older Germans speak, Hitler was welcomed. He was duly elected. How much have we given up to this Government that we will never get back. It hits the fan every time they pass another bill.

Caribou, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  15. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    only clear the roads that we use, the rest can stay blocked as an extra security measure.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    If you hadn't read it on the internet you wouldn't know it now.
    I doubt that will improve after "SHTF".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    once the power goes down so does the internet, I guess the power going down will be the catalyst for everything else, most people can cope up to that point but not after.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  18. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Look at the few million out there in Cali loosing their shit over the power companies shutting off the power. They bitched and blamed them last year for the fires and deaths and sued them for hundreds of millions so this year they did what any sane company would and shut down rather than be liable for the fires. Nope hot good enough, now people are dying cause you shut the power off. Now they realize, no power = no cell towers and now it's the cellular companies fault for not having back up generators and batteries. Batteries? How big of a battery do they think it would take to power a cell tower for say even only 24 hrs? hmm maybe their beloved nut job Musk can build them special batteries. But now the lawsuits will hit the cell companies and the power companies and the govt is going to lean on the cellular providers or illegally implement regulations parading around as law for the cellular companies to install expensive generators and battery banks at their towers. Oh I'm sure the libs in Cali won't mind paying more for all of that on their monthly cell bills.

How many there haven't yet realized these outages are mini SHTF events in their lives and they aren't even prepared enough for a day or 2 without power.

19. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    So, Now Cali is becoming unlivable? https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/rea...becoming-unlivable/ar-AAJBbJF?ocid=spartanntp

So, South Cali ecotype is a combination of plant species with volatile chemical makeups, that depend of fire for renewal of the ecotype. And, it's fall, the driest time of year EVERYWHERE in the northern hemisphere.

South Cali is overpopulated and nature is doing what nature does,...

Waiting for the lemmings to march into the sea...…. LOL!

Dale

20. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I actually got to watch that happen. Was long ago down on the Alaska Peninsula, near the town of King Salmon, Alaska. I had a Hunting Lodge, and there were tens of thousands (maybe there were millions) of Lemmings for weeks just crossing the tundra and dropping into the mouth of the river.

1. Dalewick
      That had to be something to see. Thanks for the share! Dale

Dalewick, Oct 30, 2019
      TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  21. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Even if you have your own power sources, it won't make your cell phone or internet work if their power is out too.

Rebecca and Morgan101 like this.
  22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    same in the UK, power goes out in the first storm of the winter, lines come down or some falling tree takes them down and it can take 24 hours to fix and people think it is the end of the world, I was brought up with power cuts and its no biggy, back then we had open fires and candles and flashlights now most people don't have these things, new houses are all electric and if the power goes off they are sitting in the dark and the cold and cant even make a cup of tea, but do they prep? no sir.

23. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    In our house there is an LED torch next to most of the light switches plus several much more powerful torches dotted around. I have stored fuel for cooking and heating, fire wood, oil, spirit for stoves etc. I wouldn't miss the phones or Internet, the roads would be a problem if they were blocked permanently but seasonally wouldn't worry me at all.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.