Your Survival Plan For The Corona Virus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by poltiregist, Jan 31, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A - S.H.T. F. situation is coming and already arrived for some people . What is your survival plan ? By sharing your plan you may give another member an idea on a survival avenue that they have not thought of .

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    isolation and personal quarantine.

3. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Isolation is also my plan . On most months my only contact with other people outside of my 10 person survival group is less than 50 people . If the pandemic moves closer that number will be drastically reduced . My weak spot is my prep group members going to public work places and bringing the virus back to our group .

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    normally I only go to 2 places, one is the corner store and the other is a small supermarket, the first twice a week, and the latter only weekly and I only go to the supermarket on a quiet day.
    go in, get what I want(I have a list) and get out again.

5. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Find a near FEMA camp, kick back and relax. They will take very good care of me, that is there whole joy in life is to help others survive, be warm, well fed, safe, entertained.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I hope that was a joke?

7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Still LOL !

Good morning Sourdough,

FEMA camps would be run by contractors.

The contractor employees could not distinguish between 550 para cord and graphite-lubricated wire rope on an oil tanker.

Gotta run, ... the paper towels ran out and the FEMA camp folks didn't know that consumption increases as more survivors arrive.

I'll just wash my hands and dry them on my semi-clean shirt.

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    A pandemic is one of the worst scenarios for my preps. If it was just me, I would self isolate and just stay well away from all other humans. Not too difficult where I live. But, here's where it all falls apart. My husband has to take 3 flights to get to work and 3 home. Every month. Passing through Canada's biggest airports. If he gets it, then I get it, and then it's down to luck and preexisting good health.

Good morning Sourdough, and thanks for the laugh. I can imagine many things, but you and FEMA camps are not one of them LOL

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if it gets that bad NOBODY will be going to work.
    everywhere will go into lockdown like in China.

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    But how long until it's "that bad" and who decides? Canadian officials have already said they would not create a quarantine or stop internal travel if there was an outbreak here. Although admittedly I do not trust a word they say. And with people running around without symptoms spreading the virus, well it may be absolutely nothing ever, or it maybe already that bad.

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    check the numbers being infected and those who die from the disease, it may not be as bad as in China, you'll just have to use your best judgement.

12. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    If this coronavirus really kicks in, even at a modest level it will disrupt delivery of supplies, especially from China.

For example........many airlines have stopped flight to China (well....actually nearly all have) our Alaska supplies including U.S. Mail and UPS and FED-X all stop here for refueling before crossing the ocean, they drop off the mail and supplies for Alaska at that time. The airlines need the U.S. Mail subsidy to be profitable on passenger flights.

I have ramped up my Amazon orders massively. They might stop shipping to Alaska.

Rebecca and poltiregist like this.
  13. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm already starting with basic face masks while anywhere near others, as I associate w/ many people on a daily basis. Next comes personal isolation. And I also have upped some of my orders through amazon, recently for specific supplies. By the way, I am an Amazon affiliate, so I do earn a small kickback, at no extra cost to any of you, if you click through to Amazon from my website links.

Rebecca, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    An interesting point . We could live without leaving our survival area for years . The problem is creditors . They will still likely want their payments even if businesses were shut down . I would think it would be better if it was a government declared shut down rather than individual business owners shutting things down . The reason being if it is a government declared shut down they might have enough sense to freeze all scheduled payments to creditors . Whether this virus escalates into businesses shutting down in your area is unknown but this should be a wake up alarm for those who are in debt .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  15. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Pay extra attention to personal hygiene (do not put your hands to your eyes, mouth or nose...get out of that habit right away) Make sure you always wash your hands after any outside contact. Only consume food or drink prepared at home in order to minimise the chance of contracting the virus.
    Optimising my health by means of eating a good quality balanced diet will help me recover if I'm actually exposed to the novel corona virus.
    It is important to be responsible for your own health and the health of others in this situation, if you become ill you should quarantine yourself.
    We need to get this in perspective.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  16. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Isolation and altering my shopping excursions. I don't shop local, except for food. Being ancient, I already have all my required stuff. I am now just replenishing consumable supplies or getting a few of my wish list stuff. Wish list stuff is delivered to my place and my food shopping hours will shift to 2 a.m., when only us vampires are out and about.

howler, Rebecca and Sourdough like this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am increasing my pantry stocks. I have little faith in the masks but do believe that hand sanitizer and maybe gloves will make a difference. The truth is that I'm not so much worried about catching the flu as I am the other issues that poor government decisions and the media's horror stories may cause. This is the FLU, with a 2% mortality rate, which is not unusually high for a flu, not the Black Death with an 85% mortality rate.

If people are afraid to go to work things will rapidly come to a grinding halt. If the stores close or the shelves go empty a lot of people will be in trouble in a matter of a few days! The trucks that are the bloodstream for cities can't hesitate or slow down much less stop. The major urban areas like NYC and LA have enough food on hand for an average of three days. After that people will start starving and the riots will start.

The infrastructure of these places requires constant maintenance to keep it operating and the fact is that in order to keep the costs down to the taxpayer they are staffed at the absolute lowest level possible. If for any reason they lose more than 15% or 20% of their workforce then things are going to start breaking down.

The sheeple will fully expect and demand that the government fix it and take care of them. When it doesn't happen things are going to get ugly because the sheeple and liberals will deal with their problems emotionally rather than logically.

BSHJ, Duncan, poltiregist and 3 others like this.
  18. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Looks like "Maybe" this Bio-warfare engineered coronavirus might have HIV added just for giggles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Been reading Zerohedge again? ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If this is a bioengineered weapon the designers are massively incompetent. the virus while very contagious in passing from human to human, it is actually is rather delicate and can't live very long at all outside of a host body. About 48 hours and it is done. that is good and means that anything shipped from China should be safe by the time it gets here. It also means that any place that someone with it has been will be safe in three days without anything having to be done.

I really do see the disease itself as less dangerous than the panic reaction that the media and governments seem to be encouraging. It could end up like the small pop of a primer that sets off the power load in a cartridge or the detonator that sets off a bomb. Even with my age and health issues, I have little to fear from just a flu virus. My immune system is still strong. So far there have been a few hundred deaths in China. Their population is 1.4 BILLION people. Percentage-wise that many people have been murdered in the US in the last week.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The published mortality rate of the novel corona virus is 2% although many of those deaths are also blamed on underlying health problems.
    In the event of this becoming a global pandemic 2% of a world population 7.7 billion is around 154,000,000. 154 million people could potentially be at risk if the Chinese have been honest about the mortality rate of this virus. The percentage death toll could rise much higher in densely populated places or where there is already famine or poor sanitation.
    While in general terms I don't lament losing upwards of 2% of the worlds population I really don't want to lose any loved ones so it's important for us all to act responsibly.
    Maintaining good hygiene rules and minimising outside contact are a good beginning

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  22. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Finally, someone has said it! Thank you, Sourdough!

Within the last couple of decades, there has grown within me a burning desire to live in a shipping container. I just don't know why, yet I'm thinking, "Steel, home sweet home!"

Here's a photo of some container folk having a sit-down tea. Witness the joy.

upload_2020-2-1_14-8-20.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If coronavirus breaks out in America, it will cause HUGE problems. I do NOT however see it being any kind of apocalyptic event. Now if this were a killer 1917-ish virus, that could trigger mass-panic in the cities.

This coronanasty killing at a rate of "only" 2% hitting an urban area of 5 million people, gives the number one hundred thousand dead, 100,000 . Funeral directors gonna be big-time busy ... maybe some back-hoe and bulldozer operators also.

upload_2020-2-1_14-30-7.png

Duncan and TMT Tactical like this.
  24. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Isn't that number based on the premise that the entire population will become infected? That doesn't seem realistic in any way at all.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Even the bubonic plague that had a near 100% mortality rate of those infected didn't wipe out the people in the places it hit. For some reason, there seems to be a lot of people that will have a natural immunity to any disease. I think that if a disease was too infectious and had a too high mortality rate that it would not be a surviving trait for the virus. You see this all through nature. Note how prey animals breed and their numbers and then look at how the preditors breed and their numbers. If lion bred like wildebeests there would soon be nothing left for them to eat and they would all die. Nature seems to limit the ability of preditors to overkill its prey. This even seems to be true down to the viral level. Some people will be immune, some will not get all that sick from it and some will be overcome and die. It's a roll of the dice.

varuna and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good point.

Let's say worldwide only one billion contract the virus, so 2% of a billion is 20 million people die worldwide. Pretty good sized war that, 20,000,000.

Let's say that in America only 20 million out of our 300 million population contract the virus, so 2% of a 20M results in four hundred thousand deaths / 400,000. Normally each year America has 2.5 million people die (not counting babies murdered by abortion). That would represent a 6.25% uptick in overall deaths -- fairly significant.

The American population would be very, very upset ... well actually, overtly angry. They would begin blaming the US government, China, Chinese students at universities, Chinese nationals working in America, plus anyone who could be blamed, however irrational that blame might be.

There would be irrational folk panicking during the virus' spread and they would of course be acting irrationally. In urban areas that could get pretty disrupting.

Would people go to the polls to vote during the 2020 November elections if the virus was spreading rapidly or perceived to be rapidly spreading? Humans are not rational.

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Humans are irrational but the conservatives are less ruled by emotions than the liberals and more willing to take risks for the good of our nation. Exactly how many wild liberals do you think enlisted in the military after 911?I knew several young men that immediatly enlisted and one and all they were conservitives from consevitive parents.

You are right about the plight of people in this country of Chinese origins. Look at what we did to the Japanese Americans during WW2!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    If you read the post back to yourself Snyper you will catch the qualifying caveat in the sentence "in the event of this becoming a global pandemic"....That is precisely what it's called when everyone gets exposed.
    If you just want to argue semantics go ahead and I'll just block you again because you seem like you're trying to annoy me rather than contribute to the thread.
    Edit; I pushed the button on you Snyper after reading back through your posts...five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  29. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I read that, but it still doesn't mean the entire population gets infected, which is what I said.

Blocking me won't change the meanings of the words.
    You're the one trying to make this an "argument" just because I pointed out those numbers aren't realistic.

It makes no difference to me.
    Words have specific meanings.

"Mortality rate" has no relation to how many might be infected.
    That only tells you the percentage of infected that are likely to die from the disease.

TMT Tactical and varuna like this.
  30. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't like getting into the fantasy scenarios.
    There's too much fantasy spread around now without my contributing.

31. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Well, there's no vaccine available yet -- at least here in southern Idaho -- for the Corona virus. Thanks to our preps (props to my esteemed colleague, Mr. Pragmatist, for his excellent inputs), Dawn and I have just about everything we need to handle the symptomatic aspects of the disease: analgesics, anti-diarrheal meds, NSAIDS, even broad-spectrum antibiotics for secondary infections, and so forth. I'm old, but in pretty good health. The etiology is beyond my pay grade. All we plan on doing is to practice good nutrition, good hygiene, eat stockpiled foods, and play backgammon and chess if the TV goes away...

And take care of the goats and chickens!

32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a vaccine wont be available for some time, even after it is developed it has to be passed for human use, that's down to the N.I.C.E. people to approve in the UK.
    it could be up to one year before it is available for public use.
    as for the plague, it killed about 40% of the overall population here but it killed ALL who contracted it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of fantasies, in your profile information section, you list your age as 68. Why at such an age would one pick a video-gamer icon for their identifying image? Your nerves are perpetually all lit-up and you attack people. Sixty-eight year olds sure can be incensed, however they do not respond in any sort of knee-jerk fashion. Aging seems to impose a discipline of reflection on the mind, a certain wisdom, hopefully.

Snyper, tossing frags and pumping buckshot, is inevitably ineffective. It also tends to make the locals want to see you to go ambient temperature. True snipers scout, wait, watch, evaluate, calculate, acquire target, then and only then squeeze the trigger.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    You're imagining things.

Yours seems to be jerking right now.

And yet here you are, doing it yourself rather than simply discussing the actual topics.

Why at your age do you care about what avatar I choose?
    :)
    I'm not complaining about your old guy fantasy am I?

35. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Prolly "Gun Kid" by another name.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    LOL
    You're not doing a very good job of "ignoring" me.

37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    To ignore some people is to evince wisdom and judgement.

One must come to understand the howling of the defective, for what else is theirs but their madness.

354056f0b99926d4e24ef1aa279be501.jpeg

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am evil manifest do you not see. I had younger cousins who threw rocks at a local screamer. I told them not to do so and stopped them. On reflection, these boys were simply enjoying themselves. The madman imagined them daemons come to test his soul. In his suffering he found spiritual respite and purpose, he achieved a sainthood of sorts, at least he did in his own mind. Considering these things, were not the little boys' rocks holy blessings?! Giving a damaged mind some sort, any sort, of purpose is a grand achievement is it not!

In me and others you've sought enemies, Snyper. What would you do without enemies? You need hatred. You need to feel anger. You need some pretense to image yourself superior to something. You need to feel. That emptiness within you is unbearable. Filling that hole with something, anything, must provide some sort of balm. We will take your frothing bile as a form of thanks. I will.

354056f0b99926d4e24ef1aa279be501.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  39. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Ride it out and hope for the best (seriously I do)

howler, Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  40. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That "Gun Kid" from SB..??

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Nope.
    I'm not seeing it.
    I just see lots of silly rambling.
    I suspect there is ETOH involved

You're still imagining things.
    Any "anger" is yours alone, and is a self inflicted injury.

LOL
    Now you've appointed yourself as spokesperson for everyone?

You'll feel better after you sleep it off. ;)

42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  44. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    There's a handy ignore feature if you don't want to read what I post.
    It makes no difference to me.

45. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    DONE! You offer nothing of value. If you are this abrasive at a point in time when people are free to take out the trash your life will be short.

To everybody else, stop playing this yoyo's game. All he wants is attention. Stop giving it to him. "Click on ignore"

1. Old Geezer
      I'm going to hit the [ignore] button on him, not so much that he tries to irritate, but because he posts no useful content. I get a LOT of information here on this website that is VERY useful to me, however I have no memories of this strange fellow contributing something/anything worthy of putting to memory. He's all emotion, zero no new information. He takes up space.

Old Geezer, Feb 3, 2020
  46. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    LOL
    I'm sorry reality upsets you.

47. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure why you feel a need to lie simply because you don't always agree, but it's your loss, not mine.

You're the one ranting, not me. :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

Well comma what are the basics on the outline, Roman Numerals I to X, to properly address the Wuhan epidemic becoming a pandemic ?

Whether the background causes are natural or governmental, what is recommended for the advanced-level Prepper ?

I'm breaking my personal rules again, but must.

Sometimes irritating but not caustic - - - compare to other sites worked - - - Snyper DOES provide some clear and concise statements in posts here.

Recall the exacting and to the point post when he explained the difference between a .45 Auto Match and a soldier's model.

Like that baseball guy: I call 'em as I see 'em.

MSF is a combination functional area specialist group of regulars, a focus group, and a typical example of those survivalists sitting around a campfire. Someone's steak fell into the fire and some conversations were irritating - but not caustic. This is because of the mental depth of those minds sitting around the camp fire. A couple of the most-experienced went to the supply cooler and got another steak out.

Remember that after the French Revolution, the Reign of Terror was not set up to eliminate the remnants of the royalty and the clergy. It was about fighting between and among the revolutionary groups.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, Lend-Lease

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

I think a plague will start from California. Probably San Fran due to people shiting in the street. Mankind figured this out centuries ago and stopped tossing shit and what not in the street and created modern plumbing. Thus diseases were more impeded.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    too many people living close together is the problem, easy spread of germs and a large number of hosts for the germs to inhabit, unless a cure is found the only way it will stop is when there aren't any more living hosts to inhabit.

TMT Tactical likes this.