You're Spending The Next Five Years On A Deserted Island.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Denis_P, Jul 1, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Today is the day, you're heading off to a remote island in the middle of the ocean, and it's time to pack. Your suspiciously rich friend Harold has bet you ten million dollars that you can't survive five years alone on a remote island without losing your marbles. Basic supplies such as food, water, fire starters, and medicine will be supplied to you regularly as well as a shelter to stay in, so you don't have to worry so much about survival as much as you have to worry about keeping your sanity.

He is allowing you to take five items with you on your journey, but they all have to be able to fit inside your rucksack. Which means no, solar panels, your desktop and a flat screen television aren't an option. What five items do you bring?

Personally, my choices would be:
    1. A large sketchbook with hundreds of pages.
    2. A set of drawing pencils. (Small sets of multiple items are allowed)
    3. My favorite book.
    4. My mala necklace.
    5. A hatchet.

How about you? Think you could do five years alone on an island without going bonkers?

Koala likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    1. a pair of good binoculars.
    2. a full set of fishing/angling gear.
    3. tool box and tools.
    4. enough paper notebooks and pencils to last 5 years.
    5. good quality green woodworking tools.

3. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Oh, well thank you to my good friend Harold for at least supplying me with the basic things :p

Anyway, my five items would probably be:
    1. A machete or a hatchet
    2. My guitar - music would keep me completely sane since it would take me back home and bring me good memories.
    3. A gun - you never know what or who also appears on a ''deserted'' island. You can never be too careful. A gun brings a sense of security and safeness.
    4. A sleeping bag - gotta have somewhere to sleep until I build a shelter!
    5. My favorite book -a book combined with my guitar would keep my brain occupied and prevent me from going crazy.