Zombie Apocalypse Plan

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Captain, Jul 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    so what is everybody's plan if the zombie apocalypse takes place. Would you stay in your state? Do you have an evacuation route or would you stay home? Do you have a group? just all the basic questions I think it could be fun to share plans

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess before anyone can decide on whether to move or not you would need to know if anywhere else was better than where you are now. Assuming that whatever goes down is nation wide, we would be staying where we are. We are off grid in a forest.
    We have a group of family & friends so plenty of people to defend our position. However, we are also skilled & well equipped so if we had to leave & go further into the wilderness we could do so.
    Keith.

koolhandlinc and Captain like this.
  3. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    That's awesome man thanks for the reply

Keith H. likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    1. I don't believe in Zombies as in "the walking dead", but I do believe in the addicted, the diseased and the unprepared, they are my zombies.
    once the power goes down I am far enough out in the countryside to not have to leave straight away, and possibly maybe never leave depending on the mortality rate.
    I have 6-8 locations further out-already scouted and checked- where I can go if this place becomes unsafe.

5. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    The defence contractor I work for has a few nice toys around the office. I might grab the .50 cal machine gun attached to the atv and go zombie hunting. Not seen any ammo around though, so that could be a problem.

Captain likes this.
  6. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I guess we better be building some underground fortress or solid bunkers. We need to have a good communication and teamwork, those are the key.
    We also need a leader which everyone will follow; a leader who has knowledge about survival and is strong, and patient.

Captain likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    why rely on someone else? why not learn these survival tactics yourself? that's the trouble with the sheeple, always expecting someone else to do it for them.

Captain likes this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Supermarkets will be stripped bare in less than 8 hours at my guess. You need to have a store of food at home & be well equipped before you go bush.
    Keith.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  9. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Totally true. The situation by then will be chaotic. There will be others who will kill for food.
    Such a scary place to be.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree with what @Keith H. Said about the store shelves being empty within 8 hours, and maybe it would not even take that long. whenever we have a thunderstorm out here, and especially if there is a tornado watch in effect, people rush to the stores and buy milk, eggs and bread. It is not uncommon to see any of these aisles in the store almost completely bare, and this is nothing more than a common thunderstorm.
    I am sure that if something really drastic happened that people would be grabbing everything they could at the stores, and then the looters would get the rest of it. Anything that you do not already have, you probably won't be able to get, and even if you do; someone might kill you to steal it afterwards.
    I don't believe in any kind of "movie zombies" either; but we sure seem to have a lot of people on medications that destroys their thinking process and integrity, and if no food is available, they will be out in marauding packs very soon, and not be much different than what is in the movies.
    We have a lot of these kind of people that live in our neighborhood, and they are basically almost non-functional under regular conditions, and depend on the government handout to have money and food each month.
    If their drugs are suddenly cut off, it is scary to think what these addicted people will do to try and satisfy their drug addictions, let alone trying to find such basic things as food and water.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'd probably secure my house and stay here. I have plenty of supplies. Sure the time would come when I have to go out and get food for example, but I think I'd be able to handle it with my machete.

Captain likes this.
  12. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    This would be a reminiscence of Dawn of the Dead for me as I would choose to hide inside a mall and keep the mall doors shut. I would probably be able to survive off a year easily inside a mall, uses the various tools there and the grocery as my food resource. Malls are generally bigger in my country compared to the ones in US, so I would most likely last a year living there easily while taking in some survivors too to keep myself sane.

Captain likes this.
  13. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No offence intended Beth, but I don't think you have any idea how bad it could get. Your machete would not be enough to protect you. You need to prepare better than this if you seriously think TEOTWAWKI could happen.
    Keith.

BethSztruhar and Tumbleweed like this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    You have no idea how bad it can get, & what people are prepared to do to survive. Your plan is not a good one, unless there is something about the area you live in that is drastically different to most other places.
    Keith.

15. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sorry guys but life is much too short to be discussing zombies again.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all this talk of supermarkets is a no brainer, the reason we are preppers is not so we do something AFTER the event, but that we prepare well in advance, we have stores of food and water and other supplies so that when the event happens we don't have to put ourselves at risk of injury or even death by having to go among the panicking masses. its just common sense.

Keith H. likes this.
  17. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that we have to face the fact that a lot of people on this forum are not really serious about prepping for survival. For many this forum is simply a place to meet other people & chat. Much like the Zombie thing, we are better off just thinking of Zombies as a horde of dangerous people who did not prep before the shtf. Very frustrating I know, & I suggest we totally ignore the worst questions & answer the others as best we can without losing our rag!!! As you can see from many of the comments, not many people will be surviving if it all goes to hell in a hand cart, but you & I knew this already. No matter what we say or advise, it will make no difference to someone who really is not interested. So let's not beat our heads against a wall.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  18. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    You're right. I just think that I'd last a few weeks in the area where I live. Unfortunately I think I know how bad this could get, especially with people who try to survive, because I think I'd be the same if I'd have to save my family or myself.
    In situations like this, the worst treat is always the other people.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thanks Keith, it is fairly obvious from some of the replies and some of the new threads that some people don't have the first idea about prepping and aren't bothered to learn, such has been my experience since I joined the online forums several years ago.

20. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    A 50 cal on an ATV now that's awesome

21. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    So personally for me my plan would be to get the people I want with me and hold out at home and kept quiet for the first night (I live in apartments which all look the same if you don't make noise no one will know your there). Once day comes I'll either hop in my truck with as many gas cans as possible or a boat which thankfully are all around because I live 2 miles away from the beach. My trip will take me around an hour away from home to the national guard armory which should have weapons food shelter and generators. There is a police station, gas station, car dealership and small grocery store all with in a 5-8 mile radious of the armory I figure hold out at the armory and eventually build up walls.

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    as far as apartments go we have just had a big fire in a tower block in West London, 80 people died. that will be your biggest problem in apartments, ARSON, with one way in and probably the same way out your escape routes are going to be limited.

Captain likes this.
  23. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Well this thread has had one use at least, it has given me an idea of who's posts are worth reading and identified a few more of the clueless ones that I can simply ignore.:rolleyes:
    Years back, I used to post in some of the survival rooms on tribe.net. Most of that material is now lost but you would be amazed how rarely discussions about zombie hunting came up in those forums.
    I suppose it could be worse, there could be some posing teenager posting about battling vampires and werewolves :confused:

24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    dont put ideas in their heads:rolleyes:

25. zeedollar

zeedollar New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Even if i want to go all 'Resident Evil' on those zombies, i don't actually think a zombie apocalypse is possible. But if something related gets down, I have some few places listed out that i can go to where someone like the zombies who can't think for themselves would find difficult accessing, or maybe i just go all hero and save some adorable puppies. lol

26. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    (Sigh):rolleyes: "someone like the zombies who can't think for themselves" describes the majority of the human race. Sometimes I despair, I really do.:(
    I can't believe we're even discussing this.:confused:

27. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Apartments was the wrong word it's like condos I guess? But I completely understand your point that could be a big problem even where I live during a crisis like the apocalypse

28. seandeville

seandeville New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Cold climate would be best if you had the ability to stay warm. Zombies, having no circulatory system would simply freeze. Drawback is very difficult to grow food

29. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a problem with the Zombie discussions. Anything that gets people to THINKING about what they might need to do if our civilization were to collapse is a good thing. What you need to understand is that a lot of people don't do real well with worrying about things that might really happen. For them the Zombie apocalypse is a way to consider a possibility that isn't so depressing because it isn't possible. As pointed out above there isn't all that much difference between a zombie and a crack head needing a fix or a gang banger that would rather rob and kill than work for a living. We all pretty much agree that in a post apocalyptic period there is going to be a lot of human on human violence. If it makes it easier for some to use Zombies to distance themselves from the depressing thoughts of a world wide collapse then what is the harm?

It has actually brought a lot of things out into the open that might otherwise have not been there. They can have a zombie apocalypse drill without scaring timid people to death. You don't have to mention the unmentionable minorities that will riot and burn everything the second things get bad. It is sort of a part of the political correctness that IS epidemic in the west right now I think.

I have a lot of BIG and very deadly edged weapons. If it makes someone more comfortable to think of them as Zombie Weapons than something else that in no way lessens or improves their effectiveness in a real life problem. For a lot of you in Great Britain that may be about the best weapon that you will be able to easily and legally have available. If you don't have a gun a machete, ax, spear and bow are about as good as it gets. You can always use any one of those and with stealth "procure" a better weapon later. During WW2 we dropped thousands of little single shot pistols in the occupied areas of Europe with basically those instructions. A person with an assault weapon is as vulnerable as anyone to a machete if they don't see it coming.

Zombie makes as good a code word for "bad people" as anything and if it gets people to maybe considering possible problems then they will at least be a little better off. We are all at different levels of dedication to survival. I bugged out decades ago. I live where I live because of a lot of careful thought. I have NOT built a fortress, don't have an underground bomb shelter or started making a mine field around my property yet. Some people are farther along than me and some are just starting. What matters to me is that we are all on the same path.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  30. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith, you I and a lot of the members here have. I believe, something in common. The zombie apocalypse has no attraction to us because it isn't real or possible. I thought about this thread some last night and realized something. I knew it but hadn't associated it with this sort of thing. We don't care for Zombies because they are not real and so we have no interest in them at all because at some level we actually sort of hope that we live to see TEOTWAWKI.

I suspect that a lot of us here have often felt like we would have "fit in" better at times past in history. We chafe under the civilized endless rules, insanity and noise of this modern world. We would, or at least feel that we would, feel more comfortable in a world with fewer restrictions and people. Keith you would love to be able to walk the path of the mountain men and master woodsmen of the past. I see your love of this is many of your posts. You detest the fences and the trash that people have cut up and despoiled the forests with. You need more room and that is a shrinking thing in the world today.

We have to have understanding for those that are not like us. We already FEEL at home in the darkness and in the woods or nearly anyplace that will get us AWAY from the masses. Most people are not like that and it is scary as heck to them. They fear the collapse while we see it as to some extent freeing us. I admit it, I love when the power goes off and the cell phones stop working. I easily could just say chuck it and camp for the rest of my life. I also have to accept that this sort of thing is not the norm and in all truth is probably as much a fantasy as the zombie apocalypse...but it is what some of us feel. We don't fit well in this world and often wish for another simpler one...

koolhandlinc and GS AutoTech like this.
  31. seandeville

seandeville New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    The risk as you say isn't zombies themselves. However, there are diseases that turn humans completely bat sh*t crazy, and as the population grows, nature will come up with more interesting ways to kill us through new and exotic diseases. More worryingly now are the narcotics like SPICE that produce psychosis and are having a devastating effect on the inner cities. They don't call it the "zombie drug" for nothing. Almost impossible to police because it is so easy to change the chemical formula.

32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I posted this on another thread as the result of a comment that GS Auto Tec made that I lik and think that it is equally applicable here.

"I like that. A zombie is a mindless dead person walking that wants to eat your brain. That actually is going to describe a lot of people when things get bad. They ARE mindless and refuse to think ahead. They because they have made no effort to prepare are indeed dead men walking. While they may not eat your brain, trying to talk to them now is mind blowing and makes me want to pull my hair out because they seem to glory in their prideful ignorance. That may not be exactly the same as trying to eat my brain but it is close enough for me. After TEOTWAWKI the sheeple might as well be Zombies for all they will be worth and what they will want to do to those of us that prepared."

Like the Zombie about all that you will be able to do with or for them is put them pout of their misery...or they will drag you down! In my past I have tried on several occasions to help these kinds of people and in EVERY instance they refused to help themselves and ended up ripping me off and going right back down into their gutter life. I eventually figured out that you can't really help people until they are working hard to help themselves. If you make any effort to assist them before they hit rock bottom it will make them angry and they will bite you. You can cure ignorance but there is no help for willful stupidity.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  33. seandeville

seandeville New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I returned to Manchester in the UK for the first time in like 10 years yesterday. For the first time stepping out of train station I didn't feel safe, and I've traveled to over 20 countries. It just had this vibe of malevolence that I couldn't shake. Organised beggars everywhere, visibly harassed commuters, gangs hanging around. Turns out it has a big problem with Spice. Doubt i will be going back any time soon

34. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    From what I have read recently you might not want to go to New York City either. Evidently their liberal mayor won't allow the police to enforce the law on illegal aliens there and so it is getting like you describe in the tourist type places there now. I read an article about it just yesterday.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  35. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Cobra, if you think Manchester is a total toilet you aught to look at Cardiff and Swansea. The numbers of homeless and drug culture have exploded.

36. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Zombies is a nice way of saying "them."

Ystranc and GS AutoTech like this.
  37. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    If you can't "Imagine" zombies, ask yourself this question. If all access to narcotics & opioids suddenly were cut off, access to food & water was restricted or non-existent. The Walking Dead show would look like a walk in the park.
    As far a plans go, is prefer to bug in due to the fact that we are reasonably well set in supplies & equipment in our fairly secluded rural area. Although recently I've had my mind on a preferred bug out location. A place with an extremely low population & all the basic survival needs met by nature itself.
    This location in my mind is perfect. What I need to work out is how to safely travel there with my family & as much gear as I can carry. The dangers of the journey itself causes me alot of worry.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  38. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    Rather than relatively dumb zombies with a slow march. We wold see the worst mankind has to offer.

39. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    Have you ever watched the "zombie" TV shows? or the vampire shows they have created the last 10 or 15 years? I can't stand them. They are on the same level as a bunch of the stupid reality shows. Just sayin

Ystranc likes this.
  40. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I miss Herman and Lily Munster and Gomez and Moticia Adams!!

My wife is in the Dental field so we are especially aware of dental issues and Zombies always have really bad and nasty looking teeth. I've often wondered if there is a connection with their poor oral hygiene and them ending up zombiefied.

PS: I honestly believe that even in the face of the end of the world as we know it a good sense of humor will be a very valuable survival tool. Sometimes when we need to cry the best that we can manage is to laugh.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  41. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    If you have ever met an ice addict you would know that zombies actually exist.

The bad news is they are faster, angrier and more aware than hollywood zombies.

The good news is you don't necessarily need to head shoot them. A double tap to the chest will suffice.

42. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife worked for 25 years in the Texas prison system taking care of their teeth. One of the things she often commented on was that she could often look at someones face and then in their mouth and immediately know what their drug of choice was and why they were in prison. Two of my best friends were substance abuse counselors in the prisons also. I have known a lot of junkies...where I was raised a lot of my childhood friends got eaten by drugs. (That is one of the big reason why I moved into a very rural area when hard time forced a move onto me. I didn't want to raise a kid in the city.)

When a person becomes an addict it really is similar to what a zombie goes through as they lose almost all of their humanity. They slowly sink into the control of awful urges that in the end totally rule them. They will steal from their own Mama and often cut your throat for the pocket change in your pocket. Physically they let their bodies go to hell because if they get money they use it to buy drugs. Their bodies become unable to resist illness and they are sick to some extent all the time. One of my "friends" that I grew up with died at the age of 35 from the flu. So many died before they were 40. They were not born corrupted or in anyway evil. Most had good hard working parents but in the end because of the drugs they became parasites at the BEST and monsters at the worse.

One place that you will want to stay a long way away from is anyplace or anyone that sells or handles medical pharmaceuticals. All the junkies suppliers will run dry in a matter of days and at that point they will become like rabid animals. Anyplace or anyone that they can IMAGINE might have something to make their pain go away they are going to attack. Drug stores, hospitals, doctors offices, Doctors themselves will all become targets! After a while some of them may come down and become sort of OK, some will die and in some their minds will be destroyed and never be anything like sane again. For the first 6 months though they will make Zombies look pretty good.

koolhandlinc and GS AutoTech like this.
  43. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    They will also go after handicapped and older people that they think might have pain pills.