Zombie Guns

Discussion in 'Living In A Zombie Post Apocalypse' started by Tallahassee, Feb 24, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tallahassee

Tallahassee New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Just wondering what type of firearm would you depend on? Now me personally I'd have a shotgun and a sbr in my arsenal. Maybe a couple of handguns too.

2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I see that this is your first post here........So welcome to this forum from The Greate State of ALASKA.

A little heads up......this is an "Advance" Prepping for Survival" forum, it is a serious environment, dealing with serious survival. So the whole zombie thing is largely for clueless children. However general defensive firearms discussions are popular.

Edited to add.......I am simply a member here, and my opinions do not necessary represent the opinions of the owner, or any forum management.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    "Type" doesn't matter as much as your ability to use it effectively.
    Shot placement rules.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Now in response to original post. If we are to substitute Zombies for any other critters (two legged or four legged) then it depends on your terrain, shooting skill (shot placement per Snyper) and a few more items. Heavy forest will not require long range caliber. Open plains or mountain ranges may require a flat shooting caliber to make long distance or peak to peak (mountain shooting) shots. Since I live in a desert valley surrounded by mountains, I want both a hard hitting close range caliber (308 and a 7.62 x 39). For the longer ranges, I have a 223 Wylde and a 6.5 Creedmoor. Now Sourdough, may want something with even more stopping power. His critters can look you eye to eye and consider humans as just another menu item.

Morgan101, Rebecca and Caribou like this.
  5. Tallahassee

Tallahassee New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Interesting that my thread was posted on a board titled zombie apocalypse. Lol. Thanks for the reponses. Personally I think duel semi-autos and/or a short barreled shotgun would be enough to defend myself against four or two legged animals. We have rattlers, havalinas, and of course coyotes. Mountain lions as well.

6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Tallahassee, I'm not a fan of the whole zombie thing although "zombie" scenarios are a useful idea for planning to repel/contain large disorganised groups such as rioters, addicts or looters during a state of emergency......However the idea of reanimated dead people actually trying to eat you is frankly laughable.

I can't/won't discuss plans for self defence in an open forum as it implies premeditation which would in turn harm my legal defence if I ever had to use violence in self defence.

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Rather than an SBR I'd look for a bullpup or a pistol with a brace. This effectively gives you the same thing without the cost of the stamp or getting on another list.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

This is a hard choice, but I think the terrain and location would be a factor. Judging by the critters in your area it sounds like you could be in the desert Southwest, although they live in Florida as well. Never heard of javelina being there, but certainly plenty of nuisance wild pigs. In that environment I would opt for a lever action and revolver in the same caliber. I am always a sucker for having one caliber, one ammo for rifle and handgun. Nothing less than 357 magnum. Probably 44 or 45.

In a more urban environment I would probably choose an AR platform and a semi auto pistol, 9mm or 45 ACP. Just my 2 cents.

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.