Zombies & Enemies!

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by BeautifullyBree, May 31, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    In popular television human enemies are often as dangerous as zombies. If a zombie apocalypse comes will there be healthy people turning to cannibalism? Do you think you will have abundant enemies human and zombie both? I like to think people should stick together against the zombies. It isn't likely to happen. I think most people will have a survival of the fittest outlook. What do you think?

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I can't really tell, We human beings are ot driven by instinct but for our own moral code. And the environment really plays a major role in set our behaviour, although even there We don't have a predictable outcome. Environments with lingering scarcity promotes selfishness and despair but not all people there would be selfish or violent, richness's environments do otherwise, but someone have to end up like a greedy bastard.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I think any apocalypse would lead people to cannibalism. I read a book about Yellowstone erupting and gangs began kidnapping people to eat or sell in a sex slave trade.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Most all possible human behavours will come to the fore! different people in different locations will have different ideas.
    but most will pop up somewhere at sometime! some will prosper some will fail
    One will need to have a keen mind to recognise these things early and deal with them on your terms!

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    each problem post SHTF is just a problem no matter what it is, and each will have its solution.
    that's what prepping and survivalism is, problem solving.

6. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    What I have noticed is that a lot of people, survivalists included fail to recognise some quite obvious problems until they
    are literally in your face! and then a few deny the problem until it is too late!

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In past survival situations, people are known to have eaten human flesh to survive, so I see no reason why it would not happen in the future. The human animal is the most dangerous animal, they are also the weakest. A clever experienced human could be dangerous to hunt, but the majority of humans could easily be hunted. In any isolated situation or survival situation, humans can be a very real threat & the most dangerous.
    Keith.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if a modern human being is starving post SHTF you can bet that all morals will go out the window, even those who say they wont steal, will, its human nature.
    it'll start in the inner city and fan out from there.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Hunting humans won't be the problem!
    Being hunted by humans will be!

And here we are at another hard question
    As the head of family however large or small Would you submit to being the rest of your families dinner?
    The ultimate sacrifice!

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, if your in a city maybe.
    I know in my country people only walk about 200ft or so from their vehicle, post collapse with no fuel and no electric I don't think they will suddenly become marathon walkers.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. megaman93

megaman93 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Sure, if survival means working together, then yes. People inherently look to protect themselves first. If the best way to survive is with another's help, then they will work with others. If the best way to survive is to throw someone else to the zombies, then that will probably happen too. It really depends on the situation.

12. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Desperate people do desperate things. Disasters can, and do, bring out the best and worst in people. In a complete collapse, odds are you are going to see the ugliest manifestations of humanity. Human history has been marked, after all, by almost complete moral bankruptcy.

And, yes, cannibalism has happened in the past, so it will likely happen again. An interesting fictional SHTF book, Lucifer's Hammer, has that as a major plot point, for whatever it is worth.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    catastrohies will bring out the worst in people, more so in the 21st century than in earlier times, people in general have lost the ability to look after themselves and self reliance is now a term of derision, panicking people will do some extraordinary bad things.
    personally speaking POST SHTF the further I am away from other people the safer off I will be, but that's just my personal opinion.

14. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:

^ Agreed. I've seen in my own lifetime society slowly decay into the mess that it is now. A lot of people can't get their act together now when everything is hunky-dory. Imagine when essential services are lost, there is no rule of law, and the food sources are gone.

15. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    It's definitely possible for canabilism to happen in those circumstances desperate people do desperate things like eat other people lol. But in all seriousness I think the main concern in that world is zombies and then other human enemies. Every popular zombie show isn't actually about the zombies or survival it's all about the next bad guy which gets annoying after awhile. I mean don't get me wrong if the zombie apocalypse ever happened there will be some CRAZY people running around trying to take shit over because who's really gonna stop them but you gotta worry about the things that are trying to kill you 24/7 "the zombies" before the other people

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you'll be better thinking about how to put food on the table, how to make water drinkable and how to put a roof over you and yours heads, than thinking about zombies or human enemies, when the power grid goes down and the trucks stop delivering to the stores, many people will only have what food they have in the house, when that 3 or 5 days worth of food is gone and the toilets start backing up the people are going to start dying, I give it 6 weeks to 3 months and a lot of the population will be dead, certainly one third-two thirds if not more will succumb to starvation, dehydration and disease.....especially disease.

17. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    More likely to happen is that humans will be one pain in the butt than zombies themselves since it will be survival of the fittest.
    When the food supply is low, then it'll become more problematic.

18. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Depends on many things, if the pandemic only focuses on small sectors and there is a larger population of humans than zombies, the humans would hold together against it and everything would be resolved soon, but if the pandemic expands a lot and there are few people and All services are cut and survival is very important, humans would be divided into violent groups to see who survives.

19. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Right. But what if those humans don't have enough weapons and ammunitions? :D I guess it will be hard.
    But if they are clever enough to make their own weapons then they'd probably have a chance.

20. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    WTF! Zombies again? You people are obsessed! Cannibalism I can understand if everyone is confined in a city but I live in a country where there are 12 sheep for every man, woman and child. Rabbits breeding faster then I can shoot them. Plentiful fresh water and open space. I'm living in the f***ing land of milk and honey! There is no need for cannibalism.
    Yes, humans are dangerous...some much more then others . Kill them by all means but there's no need to eat them unless you really want to.