Boots as a weapon.

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Para173, Oct 26, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    When you are in a survival situation, you're in it from the ground to the top of your pointy little head. That's why I'm suggesting that some people might want to consider thinking about their boots as a survival weapon too. Here's the thing, a good pair of safety boots can have metal toes in them that can protect part of your foot in some situations. If you end up in CQB (Close Quarter Battle or hand-to-hand) fighting a pair of steel toed boots give you the edge to kick somebody in the shins, head or other parts of their anatomy and cause them wet themselves in pure pain. The neat thing is that nobody knows that you're wearing safety shoes/boots with steel toes or supports in them until its too late for them.

Imagine you're in an urban area moving around and you have to use public transportation. Nobody working security would think anything about a guy having safety shoes on his feet going to work because so many tradesmen wear them every day. About the time some guy pulls out a knife and lunges at you, if you plant a size 11 docker on him, that might give you and other people time to get away without anybody being killed. It is something you need to consider if you are going to wear such safety shoes. Why are you wearing them? How will you use them? Have you practiced using them at home?

PriscillaKing likes this.
  2. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Ah, the famous Bovver Boots! I don't think I've seen them for sale in the U.S. but they do sound as if they'd "bother" a deserving person.

3. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Now that's thinking on your feet!
    (or with your feet)

4. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    I am quite a good weapon................

5. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:

Funny.
    Good one.:D

6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Down side is they do get heavy after a while!
    Every ounce on your feet = pounds on your back!

The steel caps are good but regular boots are nearly as good but much lighter!
    Bugging out will be lots more walking than kicking so is that extra weight worth it?

I have steelcaps I wear regularly but for walking and or kicking I go with the non steel and lighter boots
    I have been known to reinforce the boot tung with an extra strip of hard leather!

Over the years at work I have had to kick quite a few dogs and steelcap or not a well aimed kick will kill them, even the big nasty trained ones!:D
    Six big kills with a single well placed kick steel cap or not mattered little!
    Defending a static position is where I would use steel caped boots but bugging out I would favour lighter boots!

PriscillaKing likes this.
  7. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Yea, boots are a good combat item but you have to know how to use them. For instance, if you are not good at delivering kicks, then they might not be of much assistance, so practice is required. I think the kind of boot that would incapacitate an intruder should be light but with a hard front core to deliver an impact. But make sure you withdraw your leg fast lest the boot be caught by your opponent and you find yourself on the ground!

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    For years I wore steel toed engineer boots. They were great for bike riding and were also good for kicking people or stomping their feet.

9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to call my steel-toed boots my "magic dancing shoes".

10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How about barefoot.

upload_2022-6-23_13-30-21.png

"Chicago man with jiu-jitsu black belt pins alleged thief who punched 7-Eleven worker: report"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-man-jiu-jitsu-black-belt-pins-alleged-thief-7-eleven

"Idriz Redzovic, who has 22 years of training and owns the Supreme Academy of Jiu-Jitsu in Lincoln Park, was buying 7-Eleven Slurpees for his kids when he noticed a man harassing patrons outside the store, FOX32 Chicago reported.

"'Once I saw him actually connect and hit the employee in his head, I jumped in, grabbed him like I do in training here, put him down, flattened him like a pancake and then I tied him up like a pretzel in a position called ‘Gift Wrap’ or ‘Twisting Arm Control,’ ' Redzovic told the station.

"The alleged thief, identified as 30-year-old Christopher Cruz, can be heard pleading with the 3rd-degree black belt to let him go.

"Redzovic replies: 'No, I’m not letting you go, you were harassing those girls and then you swung at that 7-Eleven employee.'

"Police said Cruz had stolen items from the store earlier that day and returned, prompting the 19-year-old employee to ask him to leave. Cruz then allegedly hit the worker."

I'm old and have a decided limp, yet my steel-toed boots seem to present no burden to my walking effort. Human legs are very strong. Were I hiking in the mountains, then they would eventually present an issue, sure; but not day to day.

I have a friend who is one big fellow. When he is insulted, he "accidentally" steps on that person's foot.

Step on my foot when I'm wearing my steel toes and it will mean nothing. Once while four of us teenage boys were moving a very heavy hemlock tree trunk (with logging tongs), when setting it down, my foot got trapped under it. I didn't even know my foot was trapped until I attempted to walk away. Didn't even feel it.

Remember that quality boots also protect your ankles. Ankle sprains can really cause you pain and immobility. In my neck of the woods we called in a creeled ankle. I have no idea of how to spell "creel" or "kreel" or "kreal" ... ????? Hiking on rocks or on uneven turf can easily cause ankle injuries, thus boots that secure one's ankles. Think of a boot as a leather exoskeleton. Sturdy shanks (many boot products have steel shanks) prevent foot injury (maintain the arch of the foot), even help prevent foreign object penetration injuries.

Kicking with sturdy boots can cause serious injury to the enemy. If you are the kicker and have on your steel toed friends, you won't even stub your toe.

Remember to wear boot socks and to secure the lacing such that the boot will meld to your lower leg, ankle, and foot. Never tie your boots too tight, else you will impede blood circulation. This is where quality boot socks come in. Our feet are that which plants us on our planet. Seems nobody thinks of this important role of their feet. Injured feet take soldiers out of the fight.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.