Dangers to Consider During an Apocalypse

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-25_3-31-7.png
    During an apocalypse you will have different types of dangers to consider and the majority of these will be life threatening. From natural disasters occurring around the world to violent behavior from every individual you run across the potential of death is at every corner during an apocalypse. To survive this kind of situation, it will take somebody who has strong survival skills and has done their research as well as applied the survival skills in actual life. Being prepared with food water, shelter, fuel, transportation, and other backup resources is imperative as well as important. The likelihood of surviving an apocalypse is not very strong, but it is possible. With preparation and planning, anything can be achieved even surviving an event as horrible as an apocalypse. The more you learn, the more you know about the area you live in and how to survive in it the better you stand to do during an apocalypse. Nobody hopes for an apocalypse, and people definitely do not want to live unprepared during an apocalypse when it occurs. Prepare yourself for the worst of natural disasters, alien invasions, and zombie invasions, and you will be ready for the apocalypse should one occur.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    OTHER PEOPLE. trust no one-until you know differently.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Your greatest danger is from "STUPID"
    Your stupid you can control
    but the stupid of others you need to avoid!

koolhandlinc likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not necessarily the event that will kill you, but the actions of others might.

koolhandlinc and Keith H. like this.
  5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Simple things will kill you, things that people do all the time now!
    Like when entering a room, most women pause in the doorway waiting for there due attention!
    or just stopping in walkways obstructing traffic to gain attention!
    That will surely get you killed!
    Learn to move swiftly and quietly and avoid standing still on paths or entrances!
    Move into rooms and to one side, don't stop and talk on paths of any sort
    A stationary target is the easiest to hit!

koolhandlinc likes this.
  6. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Oh and do not turn off!
    Even when you think you are safe you are not!
    NEVER be unarmed!
    Eat sleep and shit armed!
    And that includes a torch as weapons are not much good in the dark!
    I carry 4 led torch's on me plus spares in my pack! never be without one!

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The most dangerous animal on earth lonewolf.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    one of my favourite sayings is "Watch Your Back"! situational awareness is something that needs to be practiced every time we go out the front door.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree, that is something I have had to do since leaving the UK.
    Keith.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've had to do it whilst living IN the UK.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Experience is a good teacher.
    Keith.

12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Any group member of any group family or other wise will need to watch very carefully as even family can suddenly turn on you under stress!

Your greatest danger will come from inside the group you are in!
    And females need to be monitored the most!
    For the last four decades females have been bombarded with feminist properganda
    That properganda is that All women are smarter and better than men in all respects while men are either dumb and pathetic or smart but evil to the core!
    That is the pervading theme all through the west and it is everywhere! the females in your group are not immune!

Bare that in mind when it happens! and remember I told you so!:p

But I hear! Oh not here my women are above that! :oops: Bollocks:D
    It happens now to lots a couples, I see no reason it should stop !

koolhandlinc likes this.
  13. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    To me the real danger would be other people who have not taken the time to prepare.
    They are starving and scared, they think you have enough for yours and their needs.
    If you are not willing to share, they might be willing to take.
    People are more dangerous scared and angry than just scared.
    You need to be sure you are willing to do anything to protect what is yours.
    I would set aside things that I wouldnt mind giving up to passer bys. I would not let them know what I do have. I would not let them come inside and see anything.That is my mentality trust no one.

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    The way I see it is that there is a current mindset and a Post Event mindset!
    Most people will cling to there current mindset until circumstances FORCE a change!
    A pre event group will likely have a leader who already thinks to a degree post event hence being the leader!
    Most of the rest will have not been FORCED to amend there thinking (they have not been starved, sleeping rough or maybe suffering from the elements!)
    and they will maintain a pre-event mindset! This mindset difference will cause the most trouble and consistently has in the past!
    Little things like manners and being polite will be the groups biggest problems not bad guys with ill intent!
    In a pandemic for example just answering a knock at the door as you would now may doom the whole household!
    For most non preppers and kids etc answering the door is a near compulsion now! It is rude to not answer the door or phone for that matter!
    It is rude not to answer a friends question either etc etc!
    How many mothers/females can ignore a plea for helf from a mother and child, it is instinct to help!
    Little things that the Alpha prepper can deal with the rest might not be able to
    Even when the Alpha drills the rest in this new mindset many will just fail to grasp the importance!

These are the things that will doom many groups!

15. Offthegrid

Offthegrid New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:

Did you ever see the episode of The Twilight Zone called The Shelter? It's chilling and depicts what you describe exactly. The people who didn't prepare turn on those who did and attack like mindless, amoral animals.

16. meganisonfire

meganisonfire New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I always wonder what I would do if a natural disaster strikes. I do not have any kind of back up plan or any emergency kits saved up. I think that I would try to get to my family as soon as possible and trying to gather supplies up along the way. I currently live in Alabama and the rest of my family live in Florida. It would be an insane journey because more then likely I would have to travel by foot. I know that this plan would depend on the type of natural disaster that strikes too. If a nuke hit close by then there is a good chance that I may not survive. I may end up falling ill and unable to make it to my family. This is really crazy stuff to think about and the truth is that this could happen at any time to any of us!

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no plan and no emergency supplies?:rolleyes: NOW is the time to start, and not wait until the event happens and then panic, which is what most will do.
    like my old boy scout motto says "be prepared".

Keith H. likes this.
  18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I/we were not prepared for cyclone Tracey in 74 in Darwin. It was not my house, I was staying with friends. One of the preps advised was to fill the bath with water, & the bathroom was supposed to be the safest place in the house. I placed the two youngest occupants of the house in the bath (no water!). I put my back against the door & braced myself with one foot pushing against the wash hand bowl. The pounding & the wind pressure on the door was so great that when the eye came I decided to move everyone downstairs under the house.
    The store room under the house was not strong, so I decided to keep everyone outside down wind. They were relatively safe, I was not, but what followed would lengthen this story. Suffice it to say that after the worst of the cyclone had passed, I checked upstairs. Upstairs was gone. The bathroom was still there, but it was pierced all over by timbers driven through it like a magician's sword trick box. The timbers had even driven down into the bath. We would not have survived had we stayed in the bathroom.

I still believe that most of the damage was done by flying debris from other houses, that & flying motor vehicles. A truck that had been parked in another street in line with our house was now on the other side of our house. Plastic drink straws from the corner shop were driven 3-4 inches into the back lawn looking like the back of a huge porcupine.

An underground shelter would have been a safe place to be, but one could be trapped there from debris piled on top. Timber from other houses was everywhere. Post cyclone living is another story.
    Keith.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    as far as I am concerned in Britain- where we don't get earthquakes, typhoons and hurricanes-the top danger in any event is how other people will react, how they will behave , in any type of emergency. we would like to think they would all work together for the common good, at least that is the common held belief in society these days, but i'm not so sure, where personal survival is concerned, its "every man for himself".

Keith H. likes this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have found that the problem is that you simply can't afford to trust anyone. Nothing is free, & what something may cost you could be more than you were given. It is a bit like a trade or a purchase, if you are happy with the exchange, fine, but you may lose much that you do not want to lose. I prefer to work alone, no one else to have to worry about, nothing owed to anyone. I don't mind helping others, but I have limits. I just don't want others helping me.
    Keith.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i don't think in a SHTF situation we can trust anyone else-outside of our own family unit or group, other people will be thinking of their own families survival not ours and will do everything on that basis.
    as a "loner"(loner +1) i have always preferred to work alone, i don't want to have to worry about others, i haven't got the time or the inclination.

Keith H. likes this.
  22. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    From my experience you can't trust the +1 either

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    then don't have a +1 then!:p

24. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I don't anymore! far lighter on the ears and pocket! and I don't need to explain or justify my actions!

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i know what you mean! I've been married 3 times and divorced twice.

26. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    When you say, "Watch you back". I translate this to be hypervigilant. I had a doctor tell me 35 years ago. I had hypervigilance. I was like. Doesn't everyone? He who isn't gets robbed or raped or worse. Be hypervigilant my friend.